第一篇:Unit Six Opening and Closing Ceremonies(精选)
Unit Six Opening and Closing Ceremonies Lesson One Text: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen: It is a great pleasure for me to welcome you on behalf of De Beers to the “China Diamond Day” in beautiful Dalian.I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce the representatives present today.(introducing the representatives’ names, their positions and brief background)Over the next day and a half we will have the opportunity to get to know one another and discuss relevant issues affecting the diamond industry.The objective of today’s meeting is an open exchange of information.we, De Beers, will provide you with an introduction into who we are and how we envision our role in the market.We will also present updated research results on the world DJ(Diamond and Jewelry)market and more importantly just recently released research findings on the state of the Chinese DJ industry.Since our entrance into the Chinese market in 1992, our commitment to the country has grown significantly.The impressive economic growth and sound management of the economy in the past few years are very encouraging.We look to the future with great hope and look to you as industry leaders to be our partners in further developing the DJ market.I encourage you to ask questions and open dialogue.I am confident that both De Beers, you, and we members of the DJ industry well benefit from the time we spend together over the next day and a half.Without further ado, I give the floor to Ms.Joan Braune.女士们,先生们,上午好!
我很荣幸地代表戴比尔斯公司欢迎你们来到美丽的大连参加“中国钻石节”。借此机会我想介绍一下出席大会的代表们(介绍代表们的名字、职位和简要背景)。在随后一天半的时间里,我们将有机会互相了解,并就影响钻石业的相关问题进行讨论。今天大会的宗旨是广泛交流信息。我们戴比尔斯公司将向你们介绍我们公司的情况以及我们如何展望我们在市场上的作用。我们还将向你们介绍有关世界钻石珠宝市场的最新调查结果。更为重要的是介绍最近发布的有关中国钻石珠宝业状况的最新调查结果。自从1992年我们进入中国市场以来,业务得到了极大的发展。过去几年,中国的形势令人鼓舞,经济发展显著,管理良好。我们满怀希望期待着未来,期待你们---作为行业的领头者---在进一步发展钻石珠宝市场中能与我们合作。希望你们提出问题,开展对话。我们相信在明后天我们共同相处的一天半时间中,戴比尔斯公司、你们及钻石珠宝业的成员们都会从中受益。
我就不再罗嗦了,下面请琼布朗夫人发言。Lesson Two Introduction
On behalf of Ambassador Sasser and the U.S.government, I would like to welcome each of you to this seminar and thank you for taking the time to participation in Vice Premier and Minister for Foreign Affairs Qian Qichen’s visit to Washington and his meeting with President Clinton precludes the Ambassador’s attendance here this morning.However, two distinguished colleagues from our Embassy in Beijing have come to Shenyang: Minister Counselor for Public Affairs George Beasley is with us this morning.Mr.Alan Turley, Minister Counselor for Commercial Affairs, will join us later.I world also like to thank Governor Wen, Vice Governor Guo, FAO Director Wang, and all of those who have helped in putting this seminar together for their support and assistance.The Relationship
Please permit me to turn for a moment to the broad, multifaceted relationship, which the U.S.and China share.It is of key importance to all of us.As you know, the U.S.economy is the largest, and one of the most dynamic, in the world.China has the world’s largest population, and the fastest growing economy.Commerce between our two countries is growing rapidly, although it is unbalanced.The result is a wealth of inter-related, shared interests.Vice President Gore’s visit to China last month was a clear success and shows the importance the U.S.attaches to making progress on all of those issues of mutual concern.Bilateral cooperation aimed at achieving environmentally sensitive, sustainable development in China is vital to us all.This conference is a manifestation of that shared concern.I would like to highlight a few points about the U.S experience.As the American economy grew into the world’s largest, our environmental problems mounted until in 1963, we passed the Clean Air Act, and two years later the water Pollution Control Act.28 years ago, our EPA was established.Since that time, we have made remarkable progress on the environmental front, although we still face problems.In the past 30 years, we have developed many leading-edge technologies to clean up natural heritage.U.S companies are environmentally sensitive.They involved in practices, either as buyer or as seller, which involve mistreatment of the environment or violation of human rights.In addition to not causing environmental problems, American firms have a well-deserved reputation for effectiveness in dealing with and preventing pollution.There is room for much cooperation in this area here in China.The Northeast’s Experience
Before coming to the Northeast, I had heard and seen some very negative reports about the environmental situation here.I have been pleasantly surprised by the positive attitudes of those officials who manage China’s increasingly effective efforts to improve its environment.There are also a number of success stories in the Northeast.These are well-worth publicizing.For example, in Dalian, The Malan river is being cleaned up by building a 120,000 ton waste water treatment plant.Shenyang City reported that it had cut its industrial wastewater output.The air quality in Shenyang and many Northeast cities has improved in recent years.Nevertheless, much remains to be done.I expect that our cooperation will continue to grow in this area.Seminar Goal
This seminar is designed to provide all of us with a better understanding of the other’s perspective on environmentally sensitive, sustainable development.I look forward to learning more about China’s, especially the Northeast’s, experience in this area as the seminar progresses.Thank you very much.世界人居日-历届主题 1985年12月17日,第40届联大通过决议,确定每年10月的第一个星期一为“世界人居日”,也称“世界住房日”。联合国确定世界人居日的目的是,唤起人们对人类居住环境和人人享有适当住房基本权利的关注,呼吁各国政府重视住房及相关问题,并为解决这些问题作出积极努力。
联合国还要求各国政府和地方当局在每年的世界人居日举行庆祝活动,以鼓励广大民众更好地认识到改进居住环境的必要性。同时,联合国每年还为世界人居日确定一个主题,并在一个城市主办“世界人居日”全球庆典活动。
1986年:住房是我的权利(Shelter is My Right)。
1987年:为无家可归者提供住房(Shelter for the Homeless)。
1988年:住房和社区(Shelter and Community)。
1990年:住房和城市化(Shelter and Urbanization)。
1991年:住房和居住环境(Shelter and the Living Environment)。
1992年:持续发展住房(Shelter and Sustainable Development)。
1993年:妇女与住房发展(Women and Shelter Development)。
1994年:住房与家庭(Home and the Family)。
1995年:住房--邻里关系(Our Neighborhood)。
1996年:城市化、公民的权利与义务和人类团结(Urbanization, Citizenship and Human Solidarity)。
1997年:未来的城市(Future Cities)。
1998年:更为安全的城市(Safer Cities)。
1999年:人人共有的城市(Cities for All)。
2000年:妇女参与城市管理(Women in Urban Governance)。
2001年:没有贫民窟的城市(Cities without Slums)。
2002年:开展城市间的合作(City to City Cooperation)。
2003年:保障城市的用水与卫生 Water and sanitation for cities 2004年:城市—农村发展的动力 Cities-Engines of rural development 2005年:千年发展目标与城市 The Millennium Development Goals and the city 2006年:城市---希望之乡Cities, magnets of hope 2007年:安全的城市才是公正的城市A safe city is a just city 2008年:和谐城市Harmonious cities 2009年:规划我们的城市未来Planning our urban future 2010年:城市,让生活更美好Better City, Better Life 1999年世界人居日主题:人人共有的城市
今年的10月4日是第14个“世界人居日”。今年世界人居日的主题是“人人共有的城市”,意在促使各国政府和全体人民共同努力,解决城市化带来的诸多问题,改善环境,享受城市生活。
住房问题是世界范围内普遍存在的问题。1982年第37届联大在确定1987年为“无家可归者收容安置国际年(国际住房年)”后,1985年12月17日的第40届联大又一致通过决议,确定每年10月的第一个星期一为“世界人居日”,亦称“世界住房日”。
鉴于我国大连市在城市建设与环境保护方面取得的成就,联合国人居中心决定今年“世界人居日”全球庆祝活动于10月4日在大连市举行。这是联合国举办“世界人居日”活动以来第一次在我国城市举行庆典。大连市市长***“以其在住房建设和城市可持续发展方面的杰出贡献”获得本年度“联合国人居奖”。这将是我国从联合国人居中心获得的第8块奖牌。演讲致辞常用英文
演讲致辞开始一般都要以Ladies and gentlemen称呼听众。结束时候一般要以Thank you 致谢。下面是一些各种致辞的开头举例:
1)欢迎辞It is my special pleasure to welcome our new staff member, Mr.John Water, who has come here from the United States.2)欢迎辞It is really a great honor and pleasure for me to attend and speak at the opening ceremony of 1995 Summer Chinese Program for the Canadians.On behalf of Anhui University, I extend my warm welcome to all Canadian friends who...3)欢迎辞On behalf of the Organizing Committee of the 1975 Beijing International Swimming Meet, I extend my warm welcome to all of you to this opening ceremony.4)开幕辞Allow me now to call the meeting to order.First, I welcome you all on behalf of the Executive Committee of the Congress on the Peaceful Use of Atomic Energy.5)开幕辞Welcome everybody.Merry Christmas to you all!Thank you for coming tonight to celebrate this happy and joyous occasion.6)开幕辞Happy New Year, everybody.I am very happy to see all of you here to celebrate the arrival of the new year.7)祝酒辞I'd like to propose a toast to Mr.Black on his seventieth birthday.8)欢送辞 We are very sad to say good-bye to Mr.Brown.9)欢送辞 We enjoyed every minute that we worked with you.10)祝贺辞 I am truly happy to speak for all of us in congratulating Mr.Brown, the winner of the contest.11)祝贺辞We are all thrilled that you won in such a famous contest.12)祝福语:I wish you the best of luck in the new year.13)祝福语I hope you will have a very enjoyable stay.14)祝福语I take great pleasure in bidding you all a hearty welcome.15)答谢辞 Words cannot express how grateful I am to you all.I am truly honored by the kindness and attention you have shown me today.16)答谢辞 I wish, first of all, to thank my host and hostess for inviting me to this Christmas dinner.英语演讲实用语句-欢迎会
1.Welcome to Taiwan.欢迎到台湾来。
2.We are delighted to see you again.我们很高兴又再见面了。
3.We’ve been counting the days to see you.我们一直算着日子要和你再见面。
4.I hope you’ll stay as log as possible.我希望你尽可能住久一点。
5.I hope you will have a very enjoyable stay.我希望你在此期间过得很愉快。
6.It is my great pleasure to say to Mr.Smith “Welcome back to Taiwan!’’我很高兴能够对史密斯先生说“欢迎回到台湾”。
7.It is my special pleasure to welcome Mr.Smith.我非常高兴来欢迎史密斯先生。
8.It is my pleasure to welcome Miss Smith back.很高兴欢迎史密斯小姐回来。
9,It is my pleasure to welcome you all here to day.今天我很高兴欢迎各位。
10.It is my pleasure to welcome Mr.Smith to our company.很高兴欢迎史密斯先生到我们公司来。
11.Welcome to our company from all the members of this section, Mr.Smith.史密斯先生,本课所有同仁欢迎你到本公司来。
12.I take great pleasure in bidding you all a hearty welcome to our company.很高兴能够衷心的欢迎您来我们公司。
13.It is my great pleasure to say a few words of hearty welcome to Mr.Smith.很荣幸能说几句话表示对史密斯先生衷心欢迎。
14.The first thing that I would like to say to Mr.Smith is a hearty “ Welcome home!”我最先想对史密斯先生说的心底话是:欢迎回国!
15.I want to assure Mr.Smith that we will all give him our support in his efforts.我想向史密斯先保证,我们每个人对他的努力将给予支持。
16.It is my pleasure and honor to welcome back Mr.Smith who has been in Canada for the past three years.过去三年史密斯先生都在加拿大,我很高兴也很荣幸来欢迎他回。
17.Please go ahead before it gets cold.趁热吃。
18.Thank you for your kindness.谢谢你的一番盛情。
19.I’m very happy that I’ve come back to Taiwan.我很高兴我回到台湾了。
20.I had long been looking forward to coming back.我老早就期待着回来。
21.I’m very grateful to you for all your kindness.你的厚意我非常感激。
22.I have no words with which to thank you for holding this welcome party for me.我不知要用什么话来感谢你们为我办这个欢迎会。
23.I don’t know how I can thank you sufficiently for holding this welcome party for me.你们为我办这个聚会,我不知道要如何才足以表示我的谢意。
24.On behalf of all my fellow students from Taiwan I wish to say a word of hearty thanks to Mr.Smith.谨代表所有我从台湾来的留学生,向史密斯先生表示由衷的谢意。
Lesson Three
(All those on the rostrum and those present took their seats.)
Good afternoon, representatives, distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen!
The 1999 global celebration ceremony of World Habitat Day formally opens.Please rise for the National Anthem.Sit down, please.Now allow me to introduce the distinguished leaders and guests present on the rostrum: Acting Executive Director of UNCHS… Mr.XX;Minister of China Construction Department, Mr.XX;Mayor of Dalian, Mr.XX;Chairman of England Construction and Social Housing Fund Committee, Mr.XX;Coordinator of UNCHS, Mr.XX Let’s welcome the mayor of Dalian, Mr.XX to give the welcome speech.(The mayor gives the welcome speech.)Thank you, Mr.Mayor.The UN Secretary General, Mr.Annan has sent his greeting speech to the Habitat Day.Please project his speech.(Secretary General Annan’s speech is projected.)Welcome the Minister of Construction Department, Mr.XX to give his speech.(The Minister makes his speech.)Welcome the Acting Executive Director of UNCHS to give his World Habitat Day address.(The director addresses.)It is time for the Award Ceremony of the 1999 UN Habitat Prize which is set by UN as the highest honor prize for the governments, organizations, individuals all over the world that have made remarkable contributions in habitat field.Let’s welcome the coordinator of UNCHS to announce and introduce the list of prize winners.(The list is announced.)Let’s invite the Acting Executive Director of UNCHS to present the award.(Music is played.)Welcome the Egyptian prize winners to come to the rostrum to receive your prize;Welcome Dalian Mayor…..to come to the rostrum to receive your prize;Welcome the Indian representative to come to the rostrum to receive your prize;Welcome Colombian representative to come to the rostrum to receive your prize;
Welcome Slovakian representative to come to the rostrum to receive your prize;Welcome Belgian representative to come to the rostrum to receive your prize;Welcome American representative to come to the rostrum to receive your prize;Welcome Ghanaian representative to come to the rostrum to receive your prize;Welcome Kenyan representative to come to the rostrum to receive your prize(The music comes and ends.)Let’s welcome the Chairman of England Construction and Social Housing Fund Committee to announce and introduce the 1999 Habitat Prizes for individuals.(The list is introduced and announced)Welcome Mr.XX and Mr.XX from Britain to come to the rostrum to receive your prizes.Let’s invite the Minister of China Construction Department to present the award.(Music is played.)Today, we observe the grand global celebration ceremony of 1999 World Habitat Day in Dalian, which has achieved complete success under the instruction of UNCHS and with the help of friends in all fields.The celebration, with Cities for All as its theme, has great historic and realistic significance.It has uplifted the activity and objective of World Habitat Day to a new height and has greatly promoted the urban construction, the habitat environment and housing construction in China.Now it is my pleasure to declare the 1999 global celebration ceremony of World Habitat Day closed.Thank you!
Lesson Four Closing Speech of the Manager of Dalian Port Bureau
on the 9th Pan-Pacific Ports Seminar Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen:
The 9th Pan-Pacific Ports Seminar has completely accomplished its goals as scheduled.Today is the closing day.First, please allow me to express our gratitude to every gentlemen addressed on the seminar for their witty remarks and brilliant views impressing us strongly.We also feel grateful to every lady and gentlemen who took advantage of various forms to communicate for their special styles and ways to enrich the content of the conference.What’s more, we’d like to thank Chinese government for their full support and assistance to the conference, which is essential for the conference’s success.Of course, we should not forget our friends from all walks of life who served the conference.Thanks to them, the seminar could run smoothly.With the concerted efforts, we have achieved the desired result---exchanging information and promoting understanding, cooperation and friendship between us.In closing, we are relieved to believe without doubt that the conference will play an active role in promoting the communication, understanding and cooperation between the ports of the pacific region, ports and shipping company, ports and other fields.Despite getting along with each other for a short time, the conference has enhanced our understanding and friendship, leaving us a golden memory.Today, when we say goodbye, I wish us blooming career and lasting friendship.We’re eagerly waiting to see each other in Melbourne when the new millennium comes.Now, I declare the closing of the 9th Pan-Pacific Ports Seminar.