第一篇:感恩节的意义英文版
The origin of the Thanksgiving
每年11月份的第四个星期四是Thanksgiving Day(感恩节)。Every year the fourth Thursday in November is Thanksgiving Day(Thanksgiving Day).它是美国人民独创的一个节日。It is the American people's original a festival.美国人在感恩节中一定要合家欢聚,就像中国人过年一样,强调团团圆圆。Thanksgiving Day in t,.he United States are in a family together, like the Chinese New Year as, emphasize the round and round circle circle.所以感恩节是美国最重要的节日之一。So Thanksgiving is the one of the most important festivals.感恩节是怎样产生的呢?Thanksgiving is how arise? 早在1620年,一些在英国受到宗教迫害的清教徒乘船来到美洲。As early as in 1620, some in the UK of religious persecution by the pilgrims sailed to America.但是当年的冬天就让他们遇到了跨越不了的困难处境。But when winter let them met across the of the difficulties.饥饿和寒冷使他们一半人都失去了生命。Hunger and cold make them half people lost their lives.此时,心地善良的印第安人给他们送来生活必需品,还教会了他们种植、狩猎等等生存技巧。At this time, and kindness of the indians send them necessaries of life, also teaches them growing, hunting and so on survival skills.终于,这些移民坚强地存活下来。Finally, these immigrants strong to survive.为了感谢印地安人的帮助,在丰收的那一年,移民邀请印第安人一起庆祝。In order to thank the indians help, in the abundant harvest that year, immigration invited the indians celebrate.这就是感恩节。This is Thanksgiving.感恩节吃什么?A Thanksgiving dinner??? 感恩节的食品富有传统特色。Thanksgiving food rich traditional characteristic.火鸡是感恩节的传统主菜,通常是把火鸡肚子里塞上各种调料和拌好的食品,然后整只烤出,由男主人用刀切成薄片分给大家。Turkey is Thanksgiving traditions main course, usually the Turkey in all kinds of spices and stomach fort mix the good food, and then a whole toasted, with the sword by male host slices to everybody.此外,感恩节的传统食品还有甜山芋、玉蜀黍、南瓜饼、红莓苔子果酱等。In addition, Thanksgiving traditions, food and sweet potato, maize, pumpkin pie, cranberry son jam, etc.据美国国家火鸡联合会估计,在感恩节和下个月的圣诞节期间,美国人将吃掉数千万只火鸡。According to the U.S.national Turkey federation estimates, at Thanksgiving and next month at Christmas time, American people will eat tens of millions of Turkey.在美国,火鸡越来越受欢迎,其消耗量远高于猪肉、牛肉、鸡肉和羊肉。In the United States, Turkey has become more and more popular, its consumption is far higher than the pork, beef, chicken and mutton.说火鸡多变一点都不假,它能以各种姿态展现在柜台上,冻火鸡、熏火鸡、整火鸡……Said Turkey changeful doesn't fake, it can show with all sorts of attitude on the counter, frozen Turkey, smoked Turkey, the whole Turkey......感恩节的习俗The custom of the Thanksgiving 每逢感恩节这一天,美国举国上下热闹非常。Every Thanksgiving Day, the United States up and down the country is very busy.城乡市镇到处举行化装游行、戏剧表演和体育比赛等,学校和商店也都按规定放假体息。Urban and rural town held up everywhere parades, drama and sports competition, etc, schools and shops in the body by the regulation's interest.孩子们还模仿当年印第安人的模样穿上离奇古怪的服装,画上脸谱或戴上面具到街上唱歌、吹喇叭。The children also imitate that year the appearance of indians on strange clothing, draw on facebook or put on a mask to the street singing, the trumpet.当天教堂里的人也格外多,按习俗人们在这里都要做感恩祈祷。The church is a special people, according to the custom people here have to do gratitude to pray.美国入从小就习惯独立生活,劳燕分飞。The United States into an independent life habit since childhood, LaoYanFenFei.各奔东西。Each rush thing.而在感恩节。But at Thanksgiving.他们总是力争从天南海北归来,一家人团团围坐在一起,大嚼美味火鸡,畅谈往事,这怎不使人感到分外亲切、温暖。They always strive to return from far apart, the family round and round round together, munch delicious Turkey, to talk about the past, this how don't make the person feel particularly kind, warm.同时,好客的美国人也忘不掉这一天邀请好友、单身汉或远离家乡的入共度佳节。At the same time, the hospitality of americans also not forget this day invite friends, bachelor or far from home into for the holidays.从18世纪起,美国就开始出现一种给贫穷人家送一篮子食物的风俗。From 18 th century on, the United States began to appear a poor families to send a basket of food customs.当时有一群年轻妇女想在一年中选一天专门做善事,认为选定感恩节是最恰当不过的。There was a group of young women in a year to select one day special do good, think selected Thanksgiving is the most appropriate but.所以感恩节一到,她们就装上满清一篮食物亲自送到穷人家。So a Thanksgiving to them, they will mount a basket of food qing personally delivered to the poor.这件事远近传闻,不久就有许多人学着她们的样子做起来。This matter that far, and will soon have many people learn of their appearance it.
第二篇:英文感恩节专题
感恩节是要谢谁?
History
Traditionally,is a time “to give thanks” for a plentiful harvest, because it is celebrated on the last Thursday of November at the end of the harvest season.However, the history of Thanksgiving is not clear, because the harvest season is celebrated in many countries and cultures.Americans commonly celebrate the first harvest of the “pilgrims”, or the first colonists to settle in North America, in 1621.Many colonists came to the New World for religious freedom, because England did not allow diversity in religion.Native Americans and colonists did not always live together
peacefully, but they did learn from each other by trading goods and farming methods.So many people celebrate the first successful harvest of the colonists.我们最初知道“感恩节”,是老师在课堂上讲的关于“五月花号”(Mayflower)的故事。据说那时候不堪忍受英国国内宗教迫害的一群清教徒到达美洲。当时,美国的印第安人给移民送来了生活必需品,还特地派人教他们怎样狩猎、捕鱼和种植玉米、南瓜。于是,最初为了感谢美洲原住民,诞生了这么一个节日。
如今的原住民还是生活在美国各处,他们有自己的tribe,以及自己的tribal law,有些原住民也会走出自己祖先的土地和所有其他美国人一起读书,不过一眼就能看出他们和美国人长得实在相差很多,是比较接近亚洲人的长相哦。
Thankfulness
Traditionally, Thanksgiving is a religious holiday, as a time to give thanks to God for the blessings in one's life.People can be thankful for things like their good health, the safety of their families, or having good friends.All of these things are called “blessings”, or things that God has given us.For Americans who are not religious, thankfulness is just a feeling of gratitude.It is easy to forget how lucky we are, so Thanksgiving is a time to be reminded of the priceless things in our lives.Many families talk about what they are thankful for as they are sitting around the dinner table before they start the meal.一开始小编以为感恩节是用来感谢朋友,家人一年内对自己的照顾,原来人家是来感谢上帝的啊!外国朋友似乎也对于咱们的理解颇为诧异呢。
据外国朋友的描述,全家聚在一起坐在餐桌前,在正式开动之前,每个人会先说一番话来回顾自己这一年,遇到了哪些值得感谢的事情。其实有的时候,我们身边从来不缺少值得感谢的事情,怀着一颗感恩的心面对每一天,生活也会变得温暖阳光起来吧。感恩节吃啥玩啥?
Family
Thanksgiving is usually celebrated by getting together with lots of family, including grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.The meal is held in one family's home, and it is common for guests to bring drinks, snacks and desserts.Because Thanksgiving is close to Christmas, families can spend one holiday with the mother's family and the other holiday with the father's family.University students can invite boyfriends,girlfriends or friends whose families live too far away to come home with them for the holiday.感恩节大家会上哪儿聚会呢?外国朋友说,感恩节才不是用来聚会的呢,是像咱的中秋元宵一样的,全家团聚在一起吃饭的家庭大集会!在餐桌上,很多时候都能看到长得像蛋筒一样的“cornucopia”,是专门用来放水果的,非常有特色吧。
不过和咱喜欢吃一顿丰盛的晚餐不一样,美国人通常是把重头戏放在午餐的时候。下午的时候就是全家一起看看电视聊聊天,或者去家里的backyard打打橄榄球之类的家族活动啦。
Food
The first image that comes to mind when people think about Thanksgiving is a big, fat turkey.Turkeys are indeed enormous;the average Thanksgiving turkey is 15 pounds, or 6.8 kilograms.(This means that people have to eat turkey sandwiches for weeks after Thanksgiving!)The meal, often held in the late afternoon, also includes mashed potatoes with gravy, bread rolls, stuffing(which can be cooked inside the turkey), cranberry sauce, sweet corn, and other seasonal vegetables like sweet potato and green beans.For dessert, pumpkin pie is most popular, although many families enjoy other kinds of pie as well, such as apple pie, pecan pie or blueberry pie.当然啦,一说起感恩节,虎虎的脑中就浮现出一只鸵鸟大小的动物(火鸡不是鸵鸟啊!)。好想吃火鸡啊,嘴都馋了……不过说起来,为什么感恩节要吃火鸡呢?一位外国美女告诉了小编一个简单易懂的原因:因为……火鸡多……这让小编不由得想起,万圣节感恩节都吃南瓜难道也是因为南瓜多么!)
此外,火鸡在美国还被称为“Tom Turkey”哦,因为据说公火鸡的名字就叫做Tom……世上千千万万的Tom啊该是高兴还是悲哀呢。
Activities
After the meal, families relax and spend time together, sometimes watching American football games or Thanksgiving Day parades on television.Thanksgiving is also a time to volunteer or donate your time and money to charities.As people reflect on the blessings in their lives, they are inspired to help those who may be going through difficult times.Many churches and community organizations hold free dinners where people volunteer to buy, cook and serve the food.People also organize “food drives” where canned and packaged food is donated, collected and given to those in need.Also, companies and organizations can hold charity events, where employees, friends
and families can pay to attend a dinner or dance and all of the money is donated to a charity.说起为何感恩节的聚餐会选择放在中午,外国朋友告诉小编说,因为这时候正好是美国的football season啦,所以吃完午饭全家会坐在电视机前一起看球赛。
此外,在感恩节这天,很多教堂会组织聚会,志愿者们会准备烹饪食物,即使是那些并没有宗教信仰的人,或者任何由于经济原因没有办法欢度节日的人,都可以来到教堂,和所有人济济一堂共度这个节日哦。如此一来“志愿者”就是非常重要的一个组成部分了。在美国,如果你说自己没有参加过志愿者活动的话,人家可能会偷偷地用BS的眼神看着你说“啊,这样啊。”
最后要说的就是募捐(donation)啦,虽然在平时也会有各种募捐活动,但是感恩节这一天会格外地热闹呢。对于美国人来说,“thanksgiving”,相较于“thanks”,它的意义更大的是在“giving”上面。
第三篇:感恩节英文
感恩节英文/英语祝福短信:
感恩节 “患难见真知”,谢谢你帮我度过难关!
Adversity shows insight, thank you for helping me tide over the difficulties!
感恩节 谢谢你和我同舟共济!
On Thanksgiving day, i thank you for being together with me!
感恩节 千言万语,表达不了我的感激之情,我只能说,我已铭记在心。
Thanksgiving day ,i can not express the gratitude of me, i can only say that i have it in my mind.感恩节 您的恩情,我没齿难忘。
i will not forget your kindness forever.感恩节 大恩大德,铭记在心。
Your kind help means a lot to me,which i’ll bear in mind.感恩节 你的帮助无异于雪中送炭,让我感激涕零!
i feel grateful for your timely help.感恩节 给你添了太多的麻烦,真是不好意思!
i’m really sorry to bring you too much trouble!
感恩节 谢谢你给我的关怀,把我宠坏,宠得我不知不觉飞起来,才知道冥冥之中有安排。
thank you for giving me the concern and love, which almost spoiled me, making me feel like flying high.therefore, i begin to know we’re meant to be together.感恩节 懒得客气地来和你说谢谢,咱们到哪个馆子里撮一顿,唠唠嗑,如何? On Thanksgiving day, i’m too lazy to say thank you politely , let’s have a good talk while dining out together, how about that?
感恩节 衷心谢谢你为我所做的一切!
On this special Thanksgiving day, i sincerely thank you for all the things you’e doing for me!
感恩节 谢了,哥们,下次有事儿别忘了找我!
buddies, next time you have any trouble, do not forget to tell me!
感恩节 你虽然两次救了我的命,但那都是你自己愿意的,我可没求你。
although you’ve saved my life twice , you’re willing to to do it at your will, not mine.既然我不领你的情,自然也不必说好听的话拍你马屁。
Since i do not ask for your favour, naturally there is no need to flatter you.感恩节 谢谢你帮我,祝你快乐,愿你岁岁平安,事事如意。
On Thanksgiving day ,thank you for helping me, i wish you a happy day and all the best.Best wishes from all of us to all of you at thanksgiving.我们全体祝你们感恩节快乐。
Thanksgiving wishes for you and your family.给你们全家感恩节的祝福。
Warm wishes at thanksgiving.在感恩节,衷心地祝福你们。
I wish you could be here on thanksgiving.但愿你能来过感恩节。
I wouldn’t want to spend thanks-giving with anyone else.我只愿和你共度感恩节。
It will be sad not to see you during the holiday when families get together.家人团聚的节日里,不能看到你,我会感到难过。
Our first thanksgiving should be our best.我们第一次共度的感恩节是我们最美好的时光。
What a wonderful time to be together.在一起的时光多么快乐。
Thanksgiving just won’t be the same without you.没有你,感恩节就不会一样了。
This will be our first thanksgiving apart.这将是我们第一次不在一起过感恩节。
Thanksgiving is a time when i tell you that i love you.感恩节就是我告诉你我爱你的时候。
I love to eat, so i love thanksgiving.我爱吃,所以我爱感恩节。
Thanksgiving is a great time to tell you that we love you kids.孩子们,感恩节这时刻,我们要说:我们都爱你们。
Thanksgiving is the best holiday of the year.感恩节是一年中最好的节日。
I hope you are feeling thankful after your supper.希望你吃过晚饭后有感恩的心情。
I am getting hungry just thinking about it.一想到它我就饿了。
I will be home for thanksgiving, so save a little turkey for me.我会回家过感恩节,所以请留点儿火鸡给我。
Have a mid-full thanksgiving!感恩节请勿暴饮暴食!
Have a full thanksgiving day!感恩节快乐!好好吃一顿吧!
第四篇:感恩节文章(英文)
Theology 2 D 11.17 Yuxuan Li Theology Newsletter for Thanksgiving/Advent
I’d like to spend the next few days focusing on Thanksgiving.That’s right, Thanksgiving.Yes, I know that the official American holiday falls on the fourth Thursday in November, not the third Monday.So, yes, I know that I’m a week early.But I’d like to begin to offer some thoughts on Thanksgiving, even though we won’t be sitting down to a Turkey dinner for another 240 hours or so.Why start a conversation about Thanksgiving now? I do not mean in any way to undermine the specialness of the traditional holiday.I think it’s great that the United States continues to set apart a day a year for giving thanks.And I think it’s doubly great that most of us still believe that Thanksgiving is a day for actually giving thanks to God, not just a time for feeling nebulously thankful while filling our faces with a Turkey dinner and watching football on TV.My hope is that by writing about Thanksgiving a week and a half early, I might actually enhance your celebration of Thanksgiving, not detract from it.Thus, today’s post will be the first of several on giving thanks.There is a danger, I believe, in identifying one day a year as Thanksgiving Day.It’s the danger of implying that thanks is due on this day, but not on others.We face a similar danger, for example, when we designate the second Sunday in May as Mother’s Day.Shouldn’t children honor their mothers more than once a year? Similarly, shouldn’t we be thankful more often than once a year on the fourth Thursday of November? As a Christian, I would argue that giving thanks to God is important because it honors God.I would also argue that Scripture calls for consistent gratitude among God’s people.But, there is also case for gratitude that doesn’t depend on biblical theology.In fact, it appeals to common sense and even self interest.To put the matter bluntly: Gratitude will improve your life.Gratitude magnifies our experience of the good things in life, enabling us to enjoy them more thoroughly.Gratitude also helps us to endure the hard things in life with dignity, perhaps even with humor.Gratitude is like savoring a fine meal, enjoy every bite, rather than racing through a meal as if it’s some sort of race.Let me offer a person example of what I’m talking about here.I was able to go to college because I received generous financial aid.My father had been unemployed for several years so our family resources were limited.Harvard expected me to earn a fair amount of money through working, both during the summers and the school years.I was also required to take out a reasonable loan.But the majority of my tuition, room, and board was covered by a grant from the school.This was not a merit-based scholarship, I might add.I’m not bragging here.Harvard’s assistance was based on financial need, of which I had plenty.
第五篇:感恩节英文短信
能动英语屋tty.nd115.com
感恩节英文短信
IT WILL BE SAD NOT TO SEE YOU DURING THE HOLIDAY WHEN FAMILIES GET TOGETHER.家人团聚的节日里,不能看到你,我会感到难过。
THIS IS TO OUR FIRST THANKSGIVING TOGETHER.致我们第一次的感恩节相聚。
OUR FIRST THANKSGIVING SHOULD BE OUR BEST.我们第一次共度的感恩节,是我们最美好的时光。
IT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE MUCH, BUT IT IS OUR FIRST THANKSGIVING TOGETHER.也许看起来不太像,但这可是我们第一次共度感恩节哟。
I WOULDN'T WANT TO SPEND THANKSGIVING WITH ANYONE ELSE.我只愿和你共度感恩节。
THIS IS THE FIRST IN A LONG LINE OF THANKSGIVINGS TO COME.这是未来无数感恩节的第一个。
WHAT A WONDERFUL TIME TO BE TOGETHER.在一起的时光多么快乐。
THANKSGIVING IS A TIME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I LOVE YOU.感恩节就是我告诉你我爱你的时候。
I HAVE YOU TO BE THANKFUL FOR.我感谢你。
能动英语屋tty.nd115.com
能动英语屋tty.nd115.com
LET'S THINK ABOUT ALL THE THINGS WE HAVE TO BE THANKFUL FOR.让我们想想所有该感谢的人或事。
SAVE THE DARK MEAT FOR ME.为我留份儿鸡腿。
I AM GETTING HUNGRY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.一想到它我就饿了。
I WILL BE HOME FOR THANKSGIVING SO SAVE A LITTLE TURKEY FOR ME.我会回家过感恩节,所以请留点儿火鸡给我。
WARM WISHES AT THANKSGIVING.在感恩节,衷心地祝福你们。
FROM ALL OF US TO ALL OF YOU AT THANKSGIVING.我们全体祝你们感恩节快乐。
THANKSGIVING WISHES FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.给你们全家感恩节的祝福。
LET US OBSERVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT ABLE TO BE SO THANKFUL.让我们为那些无法心存感激的人们静默片刻。
TO GIVE THANKS AT THANKSGIVING WE SHOULD HELP THE LESS FORTUNATE.在感恩节表达感谢之情时,我们应该帮助那些不幸的人。
WE ALL HAVE SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR.我们多少都有应该感谢别人的地方。
I WISH YOU COULD BE HERE ON THANKSGIVING.但愿你能来过感恩节。
能动英语屋tty.nd115.com
能动英语屋tty.nd115.com
THANKSGIVING JUST WON'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU.没有你,感恩节就不会一样了。
THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST THANKSGIVING APART.这将是我们第一次不在一起过感恩节。
THE FIRST THANKSGIVING SEEMS THE MOST AWKWARD, BUT FILLED WITH LOVE.第一次的感恩节似乎最糟糕,但布满了爱。
THANKSGIVING IS A GREAT TIME TO TELL YOU THAT WE LOVE YOU KIDS.孩子,感恩节这时刻,我们要说:我们都爱你们。
THANKSGIVING IS THE BEST HOLIDAY OF THE YEAR.感恩节是一年中最好的节日。
I LOVE TO EAT, SO I LOVE THANKSGIVING.我爱吃,所以我喜欢感恩节。
I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING THANKFUL AFTER YOUR SUPPER.希望你吃过晚饭后,有感恩的心情。
AT THANKSGIVING WE SHOULD THINK OF THE LESS FORTUNATE.在感恩节,我们要想到那些不幸的人们。
能动英语屋tty.nd115.com