第一篇:六年级英语重点句子
重点句子句型
1、问某人打算或者将要做什么?
1)what are you going to do?---I'm going to+动词的现在分词(ing形式)
2)What are they going to do ?---they are going to+动词的现在分词(ing形式)
2、用why 提问,用because 回答
3、问住在哪里?
Where do you live ?---I live in+地点
4、问穿什么?
What do you wear in spring ?---I wear+服装
5、问今天是几月几日?
What is the date today?---it is+具体的日期
6、问某人正在做什么?
1)what are you doing ?---I am /we are +动词的现在分词(ing形式)
2)What is she /he doing ?---she /he is+动词的现在分词(ing形式)
7、问某人在几年级几班?
What class are you in ?--I'm in Class __Grade __
8、问什么地方在几楼?
Where is the music room ?----It is on the third floor9、问什么节日在什么时候?
When is the teacher's day ?---it is on september 10th10、问你喜欢喝吃什么?
What would you like to drink/eat?---I'd like some +东西
11、问我可以注意什么吗?
May I have a rest ?---yes ,of course please12、当别人提出可以帮助你吗?
Can I help you ?---yes ,please water the flowers13、问那是谁?
Who is this ?--it is+人名
14、问他们是谁?
Who are they ?---they are +人名
15、问那是什么?
What is this ?--it is+东西
16、问他们是什么?
What are they thesethose ?---they are+东西
17、this is that is +f单数this is an apple.that is a witchThese are those are +f复数 these are peaches.Those are lilies.
第二篇:英语六年级下册重点句子
外研版六年级下册重点句子
1.Can I help you?(店员)我能帮助你吗?
2.Can you help me?(客人)你能帮助我吗?
3.I(don’t)know.我(不)知道。
4. Here’s(单数)Here’re(复数)这是…
5.--Here you are.--Thank you.给你。谢谢。
6. How much is it?…..多少钱?
7. It’s thirteen dollars and twenty-five cents.它是13美元25美分。
8.Enjoy your meal!享受你的大餐吧!
9.--What do you want ?你想要些什么?
--I want a hot dog , please.我想要一根热狗。
10.What time is it?几点了?
11.– What are you going to do ? 你将要干什么?
--We’re going to walk around the lake.我们将要绕湖而行。
12.Let’s go under that tree.让我们去树下吧。
13.Look!It’s going to rain/snow/ be windy/·····看!天将要下雨/下雪/刮风···· 我们什么时候去吃东西?
--We are going to eat at half past twelve.我们将在十二点半吃。
15.In this photo, the sun is shining.在这幅图片,阳光灿烂。
16.The birds are singing in the trees.鸟儿在树上唱歌。
17.The ducks are eating our picnic.鸭子们正在吃我们的野餐。
18.I am looking out of the window.我正在往窗外看。
19.It’s raining.天正在下雨。
20.I am on the train.我在火车上。
21.—Where’s your mum?--She’s at the supermarket.She’s buying things for your birthday.你妈妈在哪里?她在超市。她正在给你的生日买东西。
22.--Am I going to have a birthday party?--Yes, you are.我将要参加生日聚会吗?是的,你是。
23.--Who can help me?--Sorry, I can’t.谁可以帮助我?抱歉,我不可以。
24.The balloons are flying away.这些气球正在飘走。
25.The oranges are falling.这些橙子正在掉落。
26.I can’t carry them all.我不能拿起它们全部。
27.– Can he help?--Yes, he can.He can pick up the apples.他能帮助吗?是的,他可以。他可以捡起这些苹果。
28.Daming is having a birthday party.大明正在举行一个生日聚会。
29.Daming is playing the trumpet, but the phone is ringing.大明正在吹小号,但电话响了。
30.He’s starting to cross, but a car is coming.他正开始过马路,但是一辆小汽车正行驶过来。
31.– I bought you this book.= I bought this book for you.我买了这本书给你。
--Thank you.It looks interesting.谢谢。它看起来很有趣。
32.I’m looking out of the window.我正往窗外看。
33.--Who gave it to you? 谁把它给你了?
--Simon’s family gave it to me.西蒙的家人把它给我了。
34.China sent a man into space in this spaceship.中国用这艘太空飞船把一个人送上了太空。
35.This book looks interesting.这本书看起来很有趣。
36.--What’s it about?--It’s about animals.它是关于什么的?它是关于动物的。
37.In October 2003, Shenzhou V flew into space with Yang Liwei.2003年10月,神舟五号载着杨利伟进入了太空。
38.Yang Liwei spent about twenty-one hours in space.杨利伟在太空中待了21个小时。
39.He made a video and now he is very famous.他制作了影片而且他现在很著名。
40.My mother and I saw my father on TV.我妈妈和我在电视上看到了我爸爸。
41.—Did you go to a farm?--Yes, I did.你去了农场吗?是的,我去了。
42.Helen Keller became blind and deaf.海伦凯勒变得又盲又聋。
43.She couldn’t see and she couldn’t hear.她既看不到,也听不到。
44.Later she could read and write.She wrote a book about herself.后来她可以读和写。她写了一本关于她自己的书。
45.He is going to walk to school.他将要走路去学校。
46.She lived to be 87.她活到了87岁。
47.Helen Keller is a model for blind people and for you and me.海伦凯勒是盲人的榜样,也是你我的榜样。
48.--When was he born ? 他是什么时候出生的?
--He was born in 1998.他是1998年出生的。
49.—Where was he born ? 他在哪里出生的?
--He was born in France.他在法国出生的。
50.--Is it Yang Liwei ?--Yes, it is.他是杨利伟吗? 是的,他是。
51.What’s the matter ? 发生什么事了?
52.Why are you laughing? 为什么你大笑呢?
53.Why have you got cups on your heads? 为什么你的头上有杯子?
54.--Why are you wearing a raincoat?为什么你正在穿雨衣?
--Because it’s going to rain.因为天将要下雨了。
55.--Are you going to go to middle school this September?你九月份将要去中学吗?--Yes, I’m really excited.是的,我真的很兴奋。
56.– What are you going to study?你将要学习什么?
--I’m going to study Physics,Chemistry,History...我将要学习物理、化学、历史......57.Don’t worry.不用担心。
58.I’ll miss you , too.我也会想念你!
59.--Where are you going to go this summer? 你这个夏天将去哪里?
--I’m going to go to...我将要去...
第三篇:英语重点句子~
七年级下册英语重点句子我知道你下周六就要来了。它白天睡觉,晚上起来吃叶子。
人们把他们的钱给我或者从我这里取钱当人们出去用餐时,我很忙。如果你回答“是”,我们将给你一份侍者的工作 我们是一座给5~12岁学生的国际学校。谢谢你来参加环球世界秀。
8.Look at this group of people playing beach volley ball.看这群人正在玩沙滩排球。那个戴着滑稽眼镜和留着卷发的流行歌手。
10.Could you tell me how to eat this?你能告诉我怎么用餐吗?
11.Special 1 has beef and onion,特色菜一是牛肉和洋葱,以及15个饺子仅售十块钱。
12.Yesterday,we asked ten students at NO.3 Middle School what they did last weekend.昨天,我们问了第三中学的十位学生他们上周末干了什么。
13.He sat down and watched Wang Wang play with a friendly balck cat.他坐着看着汪汪和一只黑猫玩。我看见一个小男孩在角落里哭泣。’t really enjoy it.超市太挤了我们不开心、今天天气凉爽我们决定去打网球。
17.I asked students about fashion.我问学生们关于时尚的问题。
18.I enjoy nice words about my looks and I don’我喜欢听赞美我的话以及我不在乎年轻人怎么看我。
19.I showed each student six things and asked them about each one.我给他们看六件东西并问他们问题。
第四篇:六年级重点句子分析
人教版小学六年级语文上册期末复习课内阅读专题训练题答案
(一)这山中的一切,哪个不是我的朋友?我热切地跟他们打招呼:你好,(清凉)的山泉!你捧出一面明镜,是要我重新梳妆吗?你好,(汩汩)的溪流!你吟诵着一首首小诗,是邀我与你唱和吗?你好,(飞流)的瀑布!你天生的金嗓子,雄浑的男高音多么有气势。你好,(陡峭)的悬崖!深深的峡谷衬托着你挺拔的身躯,你高高的额头上仿佛刻满了智慧。你好,(悠悠)的白云!你洁白的身影,让天空充满宁静,变得更加湛蓝。喂,(淘气)的云雀,叽叽喳喳地在谈些什么呢?我猜你们津津乐道的,是飞行中看到的好风景。(节选自
2、“如果我们放弃这片土地,转让给你们,你们一定要记住:这片土地是神圣的。”这句话在文章中一共出现了
三次,产生了一咏三叹的效果,深深地表达了印
伯牙善鼓琴,钟子期善听。伯牙鼓琴,志在高山,钟子期曰:“善哉,峨峨兮若泰山!”志在流水,钟子期曰:“善哉,洋洋兮若江河!”伯牙所念,钟子期必得之
。子期死,伯牙谓世再无知音,乃破琴绝弦,终身不复鼓。(节选自第25课《伯牙绝弦》)
1、根据原文填空。
2、为文中的“善”选择正确的解释,把正确答案的序号填入括号内。A、赞叹
B、擅长、善于
“善鼓琴”中的“善”是(B)的意思。“善哉”中的“善”表示(赞叹)之义。
3、文中哪一句话最能体现他俩是知音?用“
”画出。
4、仿写句子。
伯牙善鼓琴,他的琴声除了表示峨峨高山,洋洋江河,还志在高山,钟子期曰:“善哉,峨峨兮若泰山!”会表现什么动人的场景呢?
志在明月,钟子期曰: “善哉,皎皎兮若明月!” 志在白云,钟子期曰: “善哉,悠悠兮若云朵!”
5、伯牙绝弦是因为伯牙认为钟子期死后,没有人再能听懂他的琴声,了解他的心声。
6、面对如此伤心、绝望的伯牙,我想说:“昔人已乘黄鹤去,要看重以后的生活,如果钟子期泉下有知,看到你放弃了音乐,悲伤到如此地步,他也会难过的。”
7、《伯牙绝弦》这篇文章告诉我们真正了解自己的人叫“知己”,用“高山流水”比喻知音难觅或乐曲高妙。
8、伯牙善鼓琴,钟子期善听,善听者可以说是善听者的知音。请写出两句关于知音知己的诗句或名言名句。
女为悦己者容,士为知己者死。《战国策》
海内存知己,天涯若比邻。【唐】王勃《送杜少府之任蜀州》 四海皆兄弟,谁为行路人。汉 无名氏《别诗》其一
君子之交淡如水,小人之交甘若醴。《庄子》
平生知心者,屈指能几人。【唐】白居易《感逝寄远》
高山流水,非知音不能听【宋】文天祥
(二十)一阵风把蜡烛吹灭了。月光照进窗子来,茅屋里的一切好像披上 了银纱,显得格外清幽。贝多芬望了望站在他身旁的兄妹俩,借着清幽的月光,按起了琴键。
①皮鞋匠静静地听着。②他好像面对着大海,月亮正从水天相接的地方升起来。③微波粼粼的海面上,霎时间洒遍了银光。(④月亮越升越高,穿过一缕一缕轻纱似的微云。)⑤忽然,海面上刮起了大风,卷起了巨浪。⑥被月光照得雪亮的浪花,一个连一个朝着岸边涌过来„„⑦皮鞋匠看看妹妹,月光正照在她那恬静的脸上,照着她睁得大大的眼睛。⑧她仿佛也看到了,看到了她从来没有看到过的景象,月光照耀下的波涛汹涌的大海。
兄妹俩被美妙的琴声陶醉了。等他们苏醒过来,贝多芬早已离开了茅屋。他飞奔回客店,花了一夜工夫,把刚才弹的曲子—《月光曲》记录了下来。(节选自第26课《月光曲》)
1、本文段主要写了什么?德国著名音乐家贝多芬因同情穷鞋匠兄妹而为他们弹琴,继而创作出月光曲的过程。
2、在文中用“
”画出描写实实在在事物的句子;用“~~~~~~~~ ”画出由事物引起的 联想的句子。
3、用“()”找出上面文段中的一个比喻句。
4、用“
”画出第三自然段中体现音乐艺术的巨大感染力的句子。
5、皮鞋匠听着贝多芬的琴声,脑海中浮现出三幅奇丽的画面,请你给这几幅画取个名字。(1)月亮升起,微波粼粼。(2)月亮升高,穿过微云。(3)月光照耀,波涛汹涌。
6、A、气势逐渐增强 B、清幽舒缓 C、高昂激越
第二段中,第②、③句描写了音乐节奏B清幽舒缓,第④句 描写表现了乐声A气势逐渐增强,第⑤、⑥句描写表现了乐 声C高昂激越。
7、贝多芬弹奏的音乐,带给了兄妹俩无穷无尽的想象,我们可 以感受到那微波粼粼的海面景象,仿佛是穷兄妹俩淳朴、善良、勤劳的美好情操;而波涛汹涌的海面,仿佛是贝多芬为兄妹俩 鸣不平。
8、等兄妹俩醒来之后,他们会谈些什么呢?请发挥想象,写一段兄妹俩的对话。
【围绕“感受到的景色美、韵律美、人格美”来写。例子:盲姑娘说:“贝多芬先生把我们带到一个仙境中了。听他的演奏简直就是美的享受。”哥哥接着说:“我听说贝多芬先 生的耳朵听力已经不太好了,他还能为我们演奏,真是太了不起了。”】
第五篇:英语重点句子翻译
1.Later this month, we’ll spray the orchard, paint the barn, plant the garden and clean the hen house before the new chicks arrive.(=这个月晚些时候,我们要给果树喷洒药水,要油漆谷仓,要给菜园播种,要赶在新的雏鸡运到之前清扫鸡舍。)
2.I’m not making anywhere near as much money as I did when I was employed full time, but now we don’t need as much either.(=我挣的钱远比不上全职工作时的收入,可如今我们需要的钱也没有过去多。)
3.When it comes to insurance, we have a poor man’s major-medical policy.(=至于保险,我们买了一份低收入者的主要医疗项目保险。)
4.Once economic conditions improve, however, demand for farms like ours should be strong again.(=但是一旦经济形势好转,对我们这种农场的需求又会增多。)
5.在作物生长季节,根本就没工夫参加社交活动。
(=During the growing season there is no time for socializing anyway.)
6.了解这些变化所带来的影响也许有助于我们改善家庭生活。
(=Becoming aware of the effects of those changes may help us improve family life.)
7.而单亲家庭的数量在过去三十年中急剧增长。
(=And the number of single-parent homes has mushroomed in the last thirty years.)
8.这些孩子会不会失去童年时期应有的一些重要东西?
(=Are these children missing out on an important part of childhood?)
1.Carter’s devotion to her ancestor is about more than personal pride: it is about family honor.(=卡特对其先辈的忠诚不仅仅关乎一己之骄傲,而且关乎家族荣誉。)
2.As the boat slid across the river, Parker watched helplessly as the pursuers closed in around the men he was forced to leave behind.(=小船徐徐驶向对岸,帕克眼睁睁地看着追捕者把他被迫留下的两个人团团围住。)
3.I threw myself on the ground, rolled in the sand and danced around, till, in the eyes of several who were present, I passed for a madman.(=我扑倒在地,在沙土里打滚,手舞足蹈,最后,在场的那几个人都认定我是疯子。)
4.我步出这幢两层小屋,微风轻轻拂过加拿大平原。
(=A gentle breeze swept the Canadian plains as I stepped outside the small two-story house.)
5.中心计划于2004年在辛辛那提市对外开放。
(=The center is scheduled to open in 2004 in Cincinnati.)
6.黑人去当乘务员常常是由本人痛苦的经历所激发,而那些白人则往往是受了宗教信仰的感召。
(=While black conductors were often motivated by their own painful experiences, whites were commonly driven by religious convictions.)
7.许多黑奴在夜色掩护下赶路,有时脸上涂着厚厚的白粉。
(=Many slaves traveled under cover of night, their faces sometimes caked with white powder.)
1.We have become so used to defending ourselves against the new atmosphere of American life, so used to putting up barriers, that we have not had time to think about what it may mean.(=我们已经变得如此习惯于保护自己不受美国生活新氛围的影响,如此习惯于设臵障碍,以致无暇考虑这一切意味着什么。)
2.Our neighborhoods are bathed in high-intensity light;we do not want to afford ourselves even so much a luxury as a shadow.(=我们的居住区处在强光源的照射之下;我们连哪怕像阴影这样小小的享受也不想给自己。)
3.Many suburban families have sliding glass doors on their patios, with steel bars elegantly built in so no one can pry the doors open.(=郊区的许多人家在露台上安装了玻璃滑门,内侧有装得很讲究的钢条,这样就没人能把门撬开。)
4.取人性命的念头令我憎恨,但念及成为他人的受害者就更可怕了。我开始问自己,你怎么跟一个杀人犯或强奸犯谈论和平主义呢?
(=The thought of taking a human life disgusts me, but the idea of being someone’s victim is worse.And how, I began to ask myself, do you talk pacifism to a murderer or a rapist?)
5.但我相信,知识仍是我们最有力的防范手段。由于我主张对孩子进行性知识教育、艾滋病知识教育以及让孩子学会开车,我不能不赞成教儿子关于枪的知识。
(=But knowledge, I believe, is still our greatest defense.And since I’m in favor of education for sex, AIDS and learning to drive, I couldn’t draw the line at teaching my son about guns.)
6.我手指扣住扳机,最后用力一扣,在亲手结束了侵入者生命的同时也庆幸自己没有成为牺牲品。
(=I wrapped my finger around the trigger and finally squeezed it, simultaneously accepting the intruder’s death at my own hand and the relief of not being a victim.)
7.我从来没有像在买枪一事上对某种行为的后果如此反复权衡——可是,我也从来没做过后果如此严重的事。
(=I never have weighed the consequences of an act as strongly as I have that of buying a gun — but then again, I never have done anything with such deadly consequences.)
1.Einstein credited his discoveries to imagination and endless questioning more so than orthodox intelligence.(=爱因斯坦把他的发现更多地归功于想象力和不断地提出问题,而不是通常所谓的智慧。)
2.His slow development was combined with a cheeky rebelliousness toward authority, which led one German schoolmaster to send him packing.(=他智力发展缓慢,再加上对权威无礼的反叛,致使一位德国校长勒令他退学。)
3.He retained the ability to hold two thoughts in his mind simultaneously, to be puzzled when they conflicted and to delight when he saw an underlying unity.(=他具有脑海里同时容纳两种想法的能力,当它们冲突时,他感到困惑;当他看到基本上统一时感到欣喜。)
4.Einstein soon acquired an image, which grew into a near legend, of being a kindly professor, distracted at times but unfailingly sweet, who rarely combed his hair or wore socks.(=不久爱因斯坦在人们心目中成了这样一种形象,而且几乎变成传奇:一位平易近人的教授,有时心不在焉,但总是和蔼可亲,难得梳头发,不常穿袜子。)
5.联合国宣布2005年为“世界物理学年”,以庆祝爱因斯坦“奇迹年”出现100周年。(=The United Nations has declared 2005 “The World Year of Physics” to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Einstein’s “miracle year.”)
6.你呆在这里损害了全班学生对我的尊重。
(=Your mere presence here undermines the class’s respect for me.)
7.科学是爱因斯坦家餐桌上聊天的话题。
(=Science was dinner-table conversation in the Einstein household.)
8.爱因斯坦对科学技术与生俱来怀有兴趣。
(=Albert’s interest in science and technology came naturally.)
1.Yet my mind seemed to be in quest of something else — some way that I could personally apply to the close of Thanksgiving.It must have taken me a half hour to sense that maybe some key to an answer could result from reversing the word “Thanksgiving” — at least that suggested a verbal direction, “Giving thanks.”
(=可我脑子里似乎还在搜索着别的什么——某种我能够赋予整个节日以个人意义的方式。大概过了半个小时左右我才意识到,问题的关键也许在于把 Thanksgiving 这个词前后颠倒一下——那样一来至少字面意义好懂了:Giving thanks。)
2.Yet my mind continued turning the idea over.After a while, like a dawn’s brightening, a further answer did come — that there were people to thank, people who had done so much for me that I could never possibly repay them.(=可我脑子里仍一直翻腾着这事。过了片刻,如同晨曦初现,一个更清晰的念头终于涌现脑际——要感谢他人,那些赐我以诸多恩惠,我根本无以回报的人们。)
3.At least seven people had been particularly and lastingly helpful to me.I realized, swallowing hard, that about half of them had since died — so they were forever beyond any possible expression of gratitude from me.(=至少有七个人对我有过不同寻常、影响深远的帮助。令人万分难受的是,我意识到,他们中有一半已经谢世了——因此他们永远也无法接受我的谢意了。)
4.A glance at Grandma’s familiar handwriting brought back in a flash memories of standing alongside her white rocking chair, watching her “settin’ down” some letter to relatives.(=一看到外祖母那熟悉的笔迹,我顿时回想起往日站在她的白色摇椅旁看她给亲戚写信的情景。)
5.那些注意力集中于感恩的人明显感觉更加幸福。他们积极乐观地看待生活。他们鲜有诉说有头疼感冒之类的身体不适症状,他们还积极参加健康有益的活动。
(=The people who focused on gratitude were just flat-out happier.They saw their lives in favorable terms.They reported fewer negative physical symptoms such as headaches or colds, and they were active in ways that were good for them.)
6.每天花上片刻——一般最好是临睡之前——扼要记下三件当日发生的让你心存感激的事情。任何使你精神振奋的事,使你绽露笑容、心情愉悦的事,或为你的将来带来幸福感的事,都行。
(=Take a moment during the day — right before bedtime is usually best — to jot down three things that happened that day for which you are grateful.Anything that made you feel uplifted, that brought a smile to your face or your heart, or will contribute toward your future happiness, works.)
7.过一段时间,你会发现在令你感激的条目列表中有着某种一致性。许多条目显示他人在你生活中所起的重要作用。其它条目突出一些有意义的经历。还有一些则涉及由你引发的事情,你能满怀豪情地指着说,“我促成了此事。”
(=Over time, you’ll notice a consistency within the list of items you’re grateful for.Many entries will underscore the importance of people in your life.Others will highlight meaningful experiences.Still other items will be things that began with you, things you created that you can point to with pride and say, I made that happen.)
8.感激之情,在向别人表示之后,几乎总能辗转返回。被感激的人更加愿意为那些使他们觉得自己有价值的人作出回报。
(=Gratitude, when expressed to others, almost always comes back around.People who feel appreciated are more willing to make an effort for those who make them feel valued.)
1.I want to turn loose my hold on everything, and go sailing down, down, just like one of those poor, tired leaves.(=我只想撇开一切,飘然而去,就像那边一片可怜的疲倦的叶子。)
2.The day wore away, and even through the twilight they could see the lone ivy leaf clinging to its stem against the wall.(=白天慢慢过去了,即便在暮色黄昏之中,他们仍能看到那片孤零零的常青藤叶子,贴着砖墙,紧附着梗茎。)
3.When the elderly man regained consciousness now and again, the man repeatedly called for his son.(=老人偶尔苏醒过来时,总是反复呼唤他的儿子。)
4.She started to offer words of sympathy, but the Marine cut her short.(=她开始说一些深表同情的话,海军士兵却打断了她。)
5.我会尽一切努力,只要是科学能做到的。
(=I will do all that science can accomplish.)
6.萧瑟秋风吹落了枝叶,藤上几乎光秃秃的。
(=The cold breath of autumn had blown away its leaves, leaving it almost bare.)
7.两人面面相觑,哑然无语。
(=They looked at each other for a moment without speaking.)
8.当我察觉他已是病入膏肓,分辨不出我是否就是他的儿子时,我猜想他真的需要我。(=When I realized he was too sick to tell whether or not I was his son, I figured he really needed me.)
1.Making a living as a door-to-door salesman demands a thick skin, both to protect against the weather and against constantly having the door shut in your face.(=干挨家挨户上门推销这一营生得脸皮厚,这是因为干这一行不仅要经受风吹日晒,还要承受一次又一次的闭门羹。)
2.And his enemies — a crippled body that betrays him and a changing world that no longer needs him — are gaining on him.(=他的敌人——辜负他的残疾的身体和一个不再需要他的变化着的世界——正一步一步把他逼向绝境。)
3.Once the walls are up, a place takes on a different feel for him, as if he’s not welcome anymore.(=一旦高墙耸起,这建筑给他的感受就变了,他好像不再受到欢迎。)
4.要是顾客回绝波特,拒绝倾听他的介绍,他就一再上门。就这样他将产品卖了出去。(=If a customer turned him down, Porter kept coming back until they heard him.And he sold.)
5.他由于身体不能正常运行而使脑子无法充分发挥其功能。
(=His mind was trapped in a body that didn’t work.)
6.波特一开始四次都没敢敲门,第五次才鼓起勇气按了第一户人家的门铃。
(=It took Porter four false starts before he found the courage to ring the first doorbell.)
7.仅在一代人的时间里,从旧的意大利生活方式一跃而成为美国的雅皮士不是件容易事。(=It’s not so smooth jumping from Italian old-world style to U.S.yuppie in a single generation.)
1.It would just be absolutely wrong to take a human being and put them through what may well involve significant suffering for really no good end.(=让人经受极有可能遭到巨大痛苦的事,却又得不到什么好的结果,那是绝对错误的。)
2.I would hope that the legislation that’s in place and the great public disapproval that would
result from any attempt to clone a human would dissuade anyone from going down that path.(=我希望适当的法规以及公众对于试图克隆人的极力反对能够劝阻任何有此企图的人走那条路。)
3.In reality, it is transcendent — when you look through the microscope, you see what you may have looked like a long time ago, at least in part.(=事实上,这一研究成果真是妙不可言——透过显微镜,你至少部分地看到自己很久以前大概是什么模样。)
4.There was so much skepticism about this process because of the scientific fraud from the past that it was critical that there be no doubt that they were clones.(=由于以往的科学造假行为,人们对于我们的研究过程抱有诸多怀疑,所以确保它们确系克隆胚胎是至关重要的。)
5.其原因在于其他物种的无性繁殖个体事实上大多数都是畸形的,流产率很高,死产率很高,胎儿畸形,出生不久便夭折,如此等等。
(=The reason is that the majority of reproductive clones in other species are actually abnormal, with very high miscarriage rates, very high stillbirth rates, fetal anomalies, death soon after birth, et cetera.)
6.从另一方面来说,治疗性的克隆技术不牵涉任何对人生命的威胁,还能真正为正在经受痛苦的人们提供缓解痛苦的极大的可能性。
(=On the other hand, therapeutic cloning does not involve any type of risk to human life and actually provides tremendous potential for the relief of suffering in real human beings who are going through some awful things.)
7.在分析的过程中,我们必须毁掉那些胚胎。换句话说,从细胞里提取遗传物质进行分析,你只得毁坏细胞。
(=In the process of analysis, the embryos were destroyed by necessity.In other words, to get the genetic material from inside the cells to analyze it, you have to destroy the cell.)
8.罗马教廷谴责我们,布什总统的国情咨文对我们也颇有微词。
(=We were condemned by the Vatican and mentioned in a negative light in President Bush’s State of the Union address.)