第一篇:求职英语
Here are good answers to some of the tougher questions asked in job interviews.If you can smoothly supply answers like these during the interview, you are bound to make a good impression.1.What is important to you in a job?
Mention specific rewards other than a paycheck for example, challenge, the feeling of accomplishment, and knowing that you have made a contribution.2.Why do you want to work for this organization?
Cite its reputation, the opportunities it offers, and the working conditions.Stress that you want to work for this organization, not just any organization.3.Why should we employ you?
point to your academic preparation, job skills, and enthusiasm about working for the firm.Mention your performance in school or previous employment as evidence of your ability to learn and to become productive quickly.If the job involves management responsibilities, refer to past activities as proof of your ability to get along with others and to work as part of a team.4.If we hire you, how long will you stay with us?
Answer by saying along these lines: As long as my position here allows me to learn and to advance at a pace with my abilities.5.Can we offer you a career path?
Reply: I believe you could, once I know the normal progression within the organization.Can you tell me about it? The answer may be revealing.6.What are your greatest strengths?
Give a response like one of the following: I can see what needs to be done and do it, Im wiling to make decisions, I work well with others, I can organize my time efficiently.7.What are you greatest weakness?
Identify one or two, such as the following: I tend to drive myself too hard,I expect others to perform beyond their capacities,I like to see a job done quickly, and Im critical if it isnt.Note these weaknesses could also be regarded as desirable qualities.The trick with this question is to describe a weakness so that it could also be considered a virtue.8.What didnt you like about previous jobs youve held?
Discuss the things you didnt like, but avoid making slighting reference to any of your former employers.9.How do you spend your leisure time?
Mention a cross section of interests-active and quiet, social and solitary--rather just one.10.Are there any weaknesses in your education or experience?
Take stock of your weaknesses before the interview.practice discussing them in a positive light.Youll find that they are minor when discussed along with all the positive things you have to offer.11.Where do you want to be five years from now?
Saying that youd like to be president is unrealistic, yet few employers want people who are content to sit still.You might say, in five years, Id like to have my bosss job.If you cant qualify for your bosss job by then, you may not be the fright candidate.12.What are your salary expectations?
If you are asked this at the outset, its best to say, Why dont we discuss salary after you decide whether Im right for the job? But if the interviewer asks this after showing real interest in you, speak up.She or he will probably try to meet your price.If you need a clue about what to ask for, say,Can you discuss your salary range with me?
13.What would you do if....?
This question is designed to test your reposes.For example: What would you do if your computer broke down during an audit? Your answer there isnt nearly so important as your approach to the problem.And a calm approach is best.Start by saying, One thing I might do is...Then give several alternative choices.14.What type of position are you interested in? J
ob titles and responsibilities vary from firm to firm.So state your skills instead, such as Im good at figure work, and the positions that require these skills , such as accounts payable.15.Tell me something about yourself.Say youll be happy to talk about yourself, and ask what the interviewer wants to know.If this point is clarified, respond.If not, tell why you feel your skills will contribute to the job and the organization.This question gives you a great opportunity to sell yourself.16.Do you have any questions about the organization or the job? Employers like a candidate who is interested in the organization.so this is a perfect time to convey your interest and enthusiasm.
第二篇:求职英语
你获得面试了,恭喜!如何留下好印象对成功与否至关重要。就算英文还可以,由于紧张也可能发挥不好。更何况,有些情况不是英文本身的错误,而是是否选择了适当的词在适当的时候说出来。
面试的英文需要运用一系列比较专业的词汇,并且善用几种时态,如说明过去的工作要用过去时,以前取得的成绩要用过去完成时等等。这里我们就讲讲什么时候该说什么。
当你走进雇主的办公室,先介绍自己,握手,微笑很重要。此后第一句话往往是打开局面的,通常面试人员会问:
How are you today?
Did you have any trouble finding us?
What do you think of the weather lately?
他们的语调可能会很友好,因为他们也希望你放松,尽量发挥你自己的水平。这时候你要有简单爽快而有礼貌的回应,如:
对方问:How are you today?
好的回答是:Im fine thank you, and you? 或 Im well thank you.不好的回答是:So, so 或 OK 或Not so well
面试过程中最重要的部分是表述自己的学历,工作经验和资历。这些是和你应聘工作直接相关的。
学历方面:记住你的学历是在以前完成的,要用过去时态。例如:
I attended the University of Beijing from 1990 to 1993.I graduated with a degree in civic engineering.如果你现在还是学生,那么应用现在时态,例如:
I am currently studying at the University of York and will graduate with a degree in Economics in the coming spring.I am studying English at the Seneca Community College.记得要告诉雇主,你仍然在不断改善你的英语,比如你每周还上几小时的英语课。因为英文不是你的母语,他们对此可能会有顾虑。
工作经验和资历无疑是面试中最重要的部分。所以雇主很想知道个中的许多细节。雇主想知道你到底做过什么,做得好不好。因此你不要谦虚,把最好的成绩和方面表达出来。
当谈到你目前在做的工作时你可以用现在完成进行时,表示你不但一直在这样做,而且将来也会持续下去:
ABC Engineering Inc.have employed me for the last 3 years as a salesperson.I have been creating customer contacts for 6 months.但谈到以前的工作时用过去时:
I was employed by Jacksons Ltd.from 1995 to 1997 as a office manager.I worked as a production supervisor at the Heitz while I was living in New York.当谈及以前的工作成绩和表现,尽量用一些主动的,积极的,令人印象深刻的动词,比用名词或者系动词词组效果好。比如与其说My job is to assist the senior scientist with unit testing不如说I assisted the senior scientist with unit testing.与其说I was responsible for the business needs analysis不如说I analyzed the business needs.以下是一些非常好的动词来帮助你表达你干得多好:
acted accomplished adapted administered advanced
advised allocated analyzed applied approved
arbitrated arranged assisted attained blended brought
built carried out catalogued changed classified collaborated
compared completed computed conceived conducted
constructed consulted contracted controlled cooperated
coordinated corrected counseled created dealt
decided decreased defined delegated derived
designated detected developed devised
directed discovered distributed documented
doubled edited encouraged engineered
enlarged escalated established estimated
evaluated examined expanded experienced
explored facilitated finalized formulated
founded functioned governed grouped
guided handled harmonized harnessed
headed identified implemented improved
increased indexed initiated inspected
installed instituted interpreted introduced
invented investigated justified led
localized located made managed
maintained mechanized merged moderated
motivated negotiated opened operated
organized originated overcame perceived
performed pioneered planned prepared
presented presided processed programmed
promoted provided purchased raised
recommended recorded recruited rectified
redesigned repaired replaced restored
reversed reviewed revised saved
screened selected serviced set up
solved sorted sparked specified
started stimulated strengthened summarized
supervised supported systematized tested
trained transacted transcribed transformed
tripled upgraded validated varied
verified vitalized won wrote
而这些是一些很好的形容词来形容你的工作能力和个性品德:
accurate
active
adaptable
adept
broad-minded
competent
conscientious
creative
dependable
determined
diplomatic
discreet
efficient
energetic
enterprising
enthusiastic
experienced
fair
firm
genuine
honest
innovative
logical
loyal
mature
methodical
motivated
objective
outgoing
personable
pleasant
positive
practical
productive
reliable
resourceful
self disciplined
sense of humor
sensitive
sincere
successful
tactful
trustworthy
上一期我们讨论了面试英文的基本要求,这次我们来谈谈面试中最常问的题目以及如何对答为妥。
问: Tell me about yourself.答: I was born and raised in Dalian, China.I attended the University of Beijing and received my masters degree in Economics.I have worked for 5 years as a financial consultant in Beijing for various companies including Rossi Consultants, peoples Insurance of China and pepsi.I enjoy playing soccer in my free time and traveling.答: Ive just graduated from the University of Toronto with a degree in Computers Science.During the summers, I worked as a systems administrator for a small company to help pay for my education.评语: 这个问题的目的是想大概地了解你,所以无需讲太多细节的东西。你的回答通常会帮助面试官决定下个问题问什么。除了给对方一个整体的印象,最重要的是着重讲和工作有关的经验。工作经验是大多数面试中最重要的环节,比学历更重要。
问: What type of position are you looking for?
答: Im interested in an entry level(beginning)position.答: Im looking for a position in which I can utilize my experience.答: I would like any position for which I qualify.评语:对于一个英语非母语的申请人,许多公司期望你能从低做起,慢慢弥补语言方面的不足。就算你以前很成功有多年经验,也应当有这个心理准备。
问: Are you interested in a full-time or part-time position?
答: I am more interested in a full-time position.However, I would also consider a part-time position.评语: 尽量留最大的余地争取机会。因为只要工作拿到了,以后的事情就容易把握,主动性大多了。
问: Can you tell me about your responsibilities at your last job?
答: I advised customers on financial matters.After I consulted the customer, I completed a customer inquiry form and catalogued the information in our database.I then collaborated with colleagues to prepare the best possible package for the client.The clients were then presented with a summarized report on their financial activities that I formulated on a quarterly basis.评语: 提到过往工作经验时,注意越详细越好。新移民最容易犯的错误之一是讲过去经历时太过笼统。雇主是想知道你到底做什么以及你做得怎么样,你讲得越详细,他们就越能知道你是否在行。你可以换着用一些不同的词汇来形容,而且尽量不要每句话都用“I”开头。记得用过去时态。
问: What is your greatest strength?
答: I work well under pressure.When there is a deadline(a time by which the work must be finished), I can focus on the task at hand(current project)and structure my work schedule well.I remember one week when I had to get 6 new customer reports out by Friday at 5.I finished all the reports ahead of time without having to work overtime.答: I am an excellent communicator.people trust me and come to me for advice.One afternoon, my colleague was involved with a troublesome(difficult)customer who felt he was not being served well.I made the customer a cup of coffee and invited both my colleague and the client to my desk where we solved the problem together.答: I am a trouble shooter.When there was a problem at my last job, the manager would always ask me to solve it.Last summer, the LAN server at work crashed.The manager was desperate and called me in(requested my help)to get the LAN back online.After taking a look at the daily backup, I detected the problem and the LAN was up and running(working)within the hour.评语: 不用谦虚,充满自信地把自己最好的方面都抖出来。记得要给一些具体的例子,举例时变化用词。
问: What is your greatest weakness?
答: I am overzealous(work too hard)and become nervous when my co-workers are not pulling their weight(doing their job).However, I am aware of this problem, and before I say anything to anyone, I ask myself why the colleague is having difficulties.答: I tend to spend too much time making sure the customer is satisified.However, I began setting time-limits for myself If I noticed this happening.评语: 这其实是一个很巧妙的问题,你要讲得出一个其实是优点的缺点。比如工作太认真啦,对自己对人要求很高啦,工作很追求完美啦,等等。在讲到缺点后要记得说你一直在致力于改善。
问:Why do you want to work for us?
答: After following your firms progress for the last 3 years, I am convinced that Smith and Sons are becoming one of the market leaders and I would like to be part of the team.答: I am impressed by the qualitiy of your products.I am sure that I would be a convincing salesman because I truly believe that the Atomizer is the best product on the market today.评语: 对这个问题你要事前做研究,通过看公司网站,其他有关信息等。越了解公司,对你越有利。
问: When can you begin?
答: Immediately.答: As soon as you would like me to begin.评语: 充分表示你想要工作!
以上只是一些最基本的面试问答。对于英语非母语的人来说,最重要和最难的是用英语讲述大量细节,尤其是复杂的细节。然而,雇主是很有必要知道你能否把工作范畴内的细节表达清楚,这对你是否胜任至关重要。不要太过担心语法问题。只要用词够多,内容够细,只要不影响理解,语法往往不是那么重要。
面试时招聘人员总会问你:Do you have any questions?以前我们讲过,面试十七大忌中其中一忌就是用nothing来回答这个问题。问什么问题,对你的印象分有帮助,显示你是一个用心的人。一般来说,围绕着这些话题来问比较得体:
the competitive environment in which the organization operates 公司营运所处的竞争环境
executive management styles 管理高层的风格
what obstacles the organization anticipates in meeting its goals 公司在达到其目标过程中预计会遇到什么障碍
how the organizations goals have changed over the past three to five years 公司的经营方向在过去三到五年内有什么变化
第一次面试,或者在双方未有确定的意向以前,除非是已经到了签OFFER的阶段,最好不要问待遇如何。那样显得你更关心公司能为你做什么,而不是你为公司能做什么。
具体来说,你可以问以下问题:
1.What are the main objectives and responsibilities of the position?
2.How does the company expect these objectives to be met?
3.What obstacles are commonly encountered in reaching these objectives?
4.What is the desired time frame for reaching the objectives?
5.What resources are available from the company and what must be found elsewhere to reach the objectives?
上次我们讲了在面试时可以问招聘人员的问题,主要是围绕着对该公司,该行业的认识和发展来提问。这次我们来看看哪些问题是可以探测面试官对这次面试的印象以及有没有下一步安排。
1.Have you had a chance to review my resume?
别以为这是个多余的问题,事实上,不少的面试人员事前并没有看过应聘者的简历,就匆匆忙忙开始了面谈。他们一边面试一边看你的简历。这个问题是个开场白,如果他们没有看过你的简历,通常也不会承认,可能会说: I havent had the chance to review it in details as I would like to.(其实就是一次也没看过。)不要为此懊丧,没看过的话,正好可以说,well, maybe it is helpful for me to talk about the highlights of my qualifications.就好象一个销售人员在推销产品之前,总是问“你对这个产品有什么认识/了解吗?”然后再开始自己的陈述。即使他们说已经看过你的简历,你一样可以说:So let me talk about the highlights of my qualifitions.2.Is there anything else I can tell you about my qualifications?
有可能的话,尽量用qualifications代替experience。前者代表了取得的成绩,更加突出了你是有才之士,相比之下后者比较中性,被动。问这个问题,有益无害,只要面试官说Yes,你就有更多的机会把最好的料子亮出来。越能让对方说Yes,你在他们眼中就越有价值,留下的印象越深。这是在首次和第二次面试中值得问的问题(假设面试总共有三次的话)。
3.Ive read the job description, of course, but how would you describe the nature and duties of this job?
乍看这个问题显得明知故问,其实不然。你对这份工作有你的理解,而招聘人员也许有他自己的看法,和登出来的招聘要求并不完全一样。通过他们对这份工作的描述,至少你可以听出来什么是最重要的,什么是招聘广告里面没提到的。那么借此发挥:I am glad to hear that maintaining customer relationship is a great part of this position.I am very customer-focused and always keep their needs in mind.假设你在第二次面试中和另一个面试人员谈,那么可以再次问这个问题:Ive spoken to Mr.Smith about the responsibilities involved in this job.Whats your take on the most important aspects of this position?
4.What are the major chanllenges that you staff is facing right now?
第三篇:求职英语
1.University major in computer science, three years of part-time work in a computer software company.在大学主修计算机科学,在计算机软件公司兼职三年。
2.Experienced operator: Word processor SV68, 60 wpm.有经验的操作人员:文字处理机SV68型,每分钟60个单词。
3.Educational background in business administration with a major in secretarial science and two summers of full-time work experience.Working knowledge of all common office machines.有工商管理的学历,主修秘书学,两年暑假的全职工作经验。对办公室所有常用机器有运用知识。
4.Office skills include;operating English word processor and microcomputer, taking shorthand 85 wpm.办公室工作技能包括:操作英文文字处理机及微型电子计算机、速记每分钟85个字。
5.Four years of experience in marketing, in addition to a bachelors degree in management with major in marketing.Like to be challenged with a responsible job.除了主修市场学的管理学士学位,还有四年的市场营销经验。喜欢迎战责任重大的工作。
6.University education in management with an emphasis on accounting, involving the use of computers.Able to comprehend financial statements.在大学修管理学,以会计为主,包含电脑的使用。能理解财务报告。
7.Ability to organize marketing campaigns and to supervise employees.Effective communication abilities and public relations skills.具有组织市场活动和督导员工的能力,并具有效的交际能力和公关技巧。
8.Three years of successful job experience ranging from sales responsibilities to management of marketing department.Adaptable, versatile, industrious.三年的成功工作经验,范围从销售职责到市场部门的管理。适应性强、善变通、勤奋。
9.Special training in accounting at Guangdong College of Commerce and three years of practical experience in accounting environment.Enjoy working with people.Responsible and reliable.在广东商学院接受会计方面的专门培训,并有三年在会计部门的实际经验。喜欢和别人一同工作。负责可靠。
10.Work experience in personnel affairs in a foreign capital enterprise coupled with educational background specialized in personnel management.Maintain good human relations.外资企业人事事务的工作经验,加上人事管理的专门学历背景。保持良好的人际关系。
11.Five years working experience in teaching English at a middle school coupled with educational background specialized in English Instruction at Guangzhou Teachers College.Ability to listen and sensitivity to the needs of students.有五年在中学进行英语教学的工作经验,加上在广州师范学院专攻英语教学的学历背景。能倾听学生意见,对学生的需求敏感。
12.Good university education with Japanese as my major combined with practical experience in translating business documents.Worked as an interpreter in Japan for a Chinese investigation group for three months.良好的大学教育,主修日语,加上翻译商务文件的实际经验。为中国考察团在日本当过三个月的译员。
第四篇:求职英语
想找一份满意的工作吗? 面试中面对外国老板连珠炮似的提问, 有没有觉得心慌意乱、无所适从?求职过程中面试尤为重要,回答问题,如果能简明扼要,真诚中肯,合乎老外口味,那么录取机会必定大大增加。当然,有的问题,也要轻描淡写,以免言多必失。本篇摘录了若干面试中出现频率较高的问题及精彩回答,希望能在您求职路上助您一臂之力。
Q: Can you sell yourself in two minutes? Go for it.(你能在两分钟內自我推荐吗?大胆试试吧!)
A: With my qualifications and experience, I feel I am hardworking, responsible and diligent in any project I undertake.Your organization could benefit from my analytical and interpersonal skills.(依我的资格和经验,我觉得我对所从事的每一个项目都很努力、负责、勤勉。我的分析能力和与人相处的技巧,对贵单位必有价值。)
Q: Give me a summary of your current job description.(对你目前的工作,能否做个概括的说明。)
A:I have been working as a computer programmer for five years.To be specific, I do system analysis, trouble shooting and provide software support.(我干了五年的电脑程序员。具体地说,我做系统分析,解决问题以及软件供应方面的支持。)
Q:Why did you leave your last job?(你为什么离职呢?)
A:Well,I am hoping to get an offer of a better position.If opportunity knocks,I will take it.(我希望能获得一份更好的工作,如果机会来临,我会抓住.)
A:I feel I have reached the glass ceiling in my current job./ I feel there is no opportunity for advancement.(我觉得目前的工作,已经达到顶峰,即沒有升迁机会。)
Q:How do you rate yourself as a professional?(你如何评估自己是位专业人员呢?)
A:With my strong academic background,I am capable and competent.(凭借我良好的学术背景,我可以胜任自己的工作,而且我认为自己很有竞争力.)
A:With my teaching experience, I am confident that I can relate to students very well.(依我的教学经验,我相信能与学生相处的很好。)
Q: What contribution did you make to your current(previous)organization?(你对目前/从前的工作单位有何贡献?)
A: I have finished three new projects, and I am sure I can apply my experience to this position.(我已经完成三个新项目,我相信我能将我的经验用在这份工作上。)
Q:What do you think you are worth to us?(你怎么认为你对我们有价值呢?)
A:I feel I can make some positive contributions to your company in the future.(我觉得我对贵公司能做些积极性的贡献。)
Q:What make you think you would be a success in this position?(你如何知道你能胜任这份工作?)
A:My graduate school training combined with my internship should qualify me for this particular job.I am sure I will be successful.(我在研究所的训练,加上实习工作,使我适合这份工作。我相信我能成功。)
Q:Are you a multi-tasked individual?(你是一位可以同时承担数项工作的人吗?)or
Do you work well under stress or pressure?(你能承受工作上的压力吗?)
A:Yes, I think so.A:The trait is needed in my current(or previous)position and I know I can handle it well.(这种特点就是我目前(先前)工作所需要的,我知道我能应付自如。)
Q:What is your strongest trait(s)?(你个性上最大的特点是什么?)
A:Helpfulness and caring.(乐于助人和关心他人。)
A:Adaptability and sense of humor.(适应能力和幽默感。)
A:Cheerfulness and friendliness.(乐观和友爱。)
Q: How would your friends or colleagues describe you?(你的朋友或同事怎样形容你?)
A:(pause a few seconds)(稍等几秒钟再答,表示慎重考虑。)
They say Mr.Chen is an honest, hardworking and responsible man who deeply cares for his family and friends.(他们说陈先生是位诚实、工作努力,负责任的人,他对家庭和朋友都很关心。)
A:They say Mr.Chen is a friendly, sensitive, caring and determined person.(他们说陈先生是位很友好、敏感、关心他人和有决心的人。)
Q:What personality traits do you admire?(你欣赏哪种性格的人?)
A:(I admire a person who is)honest, flexible and easy-going.(诚实、不死板而且容易相处的人。)
A:(I like)people who possess the can do spirit.(有实际行动的人。)
Q:What leadership qualities did you develop as an administrative personnel?(作为行政人员,你有什么样的领导才能?)
A:I feel that learning how to motivate people and to work together as a team will be the major goal of my leadership.(我觉得学习如何把人们的积极性调动起来,以及如何配合协同的团队精神,是我行政工作的主要目标。)
A:I have refined my management style by using an open-door policy.(我以开放式的政策,改进我的行政管理方式。)
Q:How do you normally handle criticism?(你通常如何处理別人的批评?)
A:Silence is golden.Just dont say anything;otherwise the situation could become worse.I do, however, accept constructive criticism.(沈默是金。不必说什么,否则情况更糟,不过我会接受建设性的批评。)
A:When we cool off, we will discuss it later.(我会等大家冷靜下来再讨论。)
Q: What do you find frustrating in a work situation?(在工作中,什么事令你不高兴?)
A: Sometimes, the narrow-minded people make me frustrated.(胸襟狭窄的人,有时使我泄气。)
A:Minds that are not receptive to new ideas.(不能接受新思想的那些取。)
Q:How do you handle your conflict with your colleagues in your work?(你如何处理与同事在工作中的意见不和?)
A:I will try to present my ideas in a more clear and civilized manner in order to get my points across.(我要以更清楚文明的方式,提出我的看法,使对方了解我的观点。)
Q:How do you handle your failure?(你怎样对待自己的失敗?)
A: None of us was born perfect.I am sure I will be given a second chance to correct my mistake.(我们大家生来都不是十全十美的,我相信我有第二个机会改正我的错误。)
Q:What provide you with a sense of accomplishment.(什么会让你有成就感?)
A:Doing my best job for your company.(为贵公司竭力效劳。)
A:Finishing a project to the best of my ability.(尽我所能,完成一个项目。)
Q:If you had a lot of money to donate, where would you donate it to?Why?(假如你有很多钱可以捐赠,你会捐给什么单位?为什么?)
A:I would donate it to the medical research because I want to do something to help others.(我会捐给医药研究,因为我要为他人做点事。)
A:I prefer to donate it to educational institutions.(我乐意捐给教育机构。)
Q:What is most important in your life right now?(眼下你生活中最重要的是什么?)
A:To get a job in my field is most important to me.(对我来说,能在这个领域找到工作是最重要的。)
A:To secure employment hopefully with your company.(希望能在贵公司任职对我来说最重要。)
Q:What current issues concern you the most?(目前什么事是你最关心的?)
A:The general state of our economy and the impact of China entry to WTO on our industry.(目前中国经济的总体情況以及中国入世对我们行业的影响。)
Q: How long would you like to stay with this company?(你会在本公司服务多久呢?)
A: I will stay as long as I can continue to learn and to grow in my field.(只要我能在我的行业力继续学习和长进,我就会留在这里。)
Q:Could you project what you would like to be doing five years from now?(你能预料五年后你会做什么吗?)
A:As I have some administrative experience in my last job, I may use my organizational and planning skills in the future.(我在上一个工作中积累了一些行政经验,我将来也许要运用我组织和计划上的经验和技巧。)
A:I hope to demonstrate my ability and talents in my field adequately.(我希望能充分展示我在这个行业的能力和智慧。)
A:perhaps, an opportunity at a management position would be exciting.(也许有机会,我将会从事管理工作。)
如果不愿正面回答,也可以说:
It would be premature for me to predict this.(现在对此问题的预测,尚嫌过早。)
甚至还可以打趣的说:
Hypothetically speaking, I might be able to do your current job as a director.(或 CEO 或 president)((说不定,我也能做你现在主任的工作呢!)
Q: What range of pay-scale are you interested in?(你喜欢那一种薪水层次标准?)
A: Money is important, but the responsibility that goes along with this job is what interests me the most.(薪水固然重要,但这工作伴随而来的责任更吸引我。)
A: 假如你有家眷,可以说:
To be frank and open with you, I like this job, but I have a family to support.(坦白地说,我喜欢这份工作,不过我必须要负担我的家庭。)
Other Tips(其它建议)
Know something about the organization you are applying to.(了解一些你申请工作单位的情况)
Dress properly.Dont shake hand with the interviewer until he/she extends his/her hand.(穿着要得体,人家伸手时才握手。)
Dont sit down until invited to do so by the interviewer.(人家未请,先別坐下。)
Make eye-contact with the interviewer during the interview.(面试时,眼睛要看着对方。)
Listen actively and stay calm.(注意听,保持冷静。)
If invited to a meal, be especially careful about your table manners.(被邀吃饭时,要特別注意餐桌礼节。)
Dont talk with your mouth full.(嘴里有食物,不可开口说话)
Dont make much noise while you eat.(吃东西不要出声音)
Dont blow your nose or use the toothpick at table.(不要拧鼻涕或用牙签剔牙)
Dont appear to be pushy or overly anxious to get a job.(不必过分表现急着要工作)
Be honest but not too modest.(要诚实,但不必太谦虚)
Dont put yourself down or cut yourself up.(不可妄自菲薄或自贬)
Try to avoid discussing politics or religion with your interviewer.(避免与面试人谈政治或宗教)
第五篇:求职英语
个人背景
Come in please, and take a seat.请进。请坐。
Thank you, Mr.Johnson.谢谢你。约翰逊先生。
Where is your family from?祖籍在哪里?
We are from Shanghai.上海。
How big is your family?你家有几口人?
There are four of us including my parents, a younger sister and me.有四口人,父母亲、妹妹和我。
Where is your hometown?你的籍贯是哪里?
My hometown is Jiangsu.我的家乡是江苏。
Are you a resident of Shanghai?你是上海市居民吗?
Yes, I am.是的,我是。
How many are there in your family?你们家几口人?
We are four in all.我们家共有四口人。
Where is your native place?你的籍贯是什么地方?
Where is your birthplace?你出生在哪里?
Where are you from?你是哪里人?
Where is your domicile?你的户籍在哪里?
What is your nationality?你的国籍是什么?
Are you a citizen of the People's Republic of China?你是中华人民共和国的公民吗? Would you tell me something about your family?请告诉我一些你的家庭情况,好吗? What does your father do?你父亲从事什么职业?
My father is an engineer of a construction company, and mother is a doctor.我父亲是一家建筑公司的工程师,母亲是一名医生。
What's your mother's occupation?你妈妈的职业是什么?
教育情况
What university did you graduate from?你从哪所大学毕业的?
I graduated from Nanjing University.我从南京大学毕业的。
What was your graduation thesis on?你毕业论文是什么题目?
I did my thesis on “Sino-American Business Relationship”.我做的论文题目是“中美贸易关系”。
Good morning, sir.早安,先生。
Good morning, sit down please.早安,请坐。
Thank you.谢谢。
Are you Mr.Chen?你是陈先生吗?
Yes.Glad to meet you, sir.是的,很高兴见到你,先生。
When and what university did you graduate from?你何时从哪所大学毕业?
I graduated from Nanjing University in June, 2000.我2000年6月毕业于南京大学。What subject did you major in university?你在大学主修的科目是什么?
I majored in economic and trade English.我主修的是经贸英语。
What university are you attending?你现在就读于哪所大学?
Where did you receive your master degree?你在哪里获得硕士学位的?
Tell me the courses you have completed in school and what is your favorite subject?你曾修读哪些课程和你最喜欢哪一科?
Have you studied any courses related to the post you are applying for?你曾修读与这份工作有关的科目吗?
What was your speciality?你学的是什么专业?
What are your major and minor subjects?你主修和副修什么科目?
What made you decide to study Economics?你为什么决定修读经济学?
Good afternoon, sir.下午好。
Good afternoon.Make yourself at home.下午好。请随便些。
Thank you, sir.多谢,先生。
How were your scores in university?你大学时的成绩如何?
They are above average 85.I'm among the upper third of my class.我的平均成绩在85分以上。我是全班第三名。
I have worked hard at my major subject.我对主修课特别用功。
What was your best subject in college?大学时你哪门功课最好?
English.英语。
How is your score in English?你的英语成绩是多少?
It is 90 points.90分。
How are you getting on with your studies?你功课情况如何?
In what subject did you get the highest marks?你哪门科目得分最高?
Which subject were you best interested in?你对哪一科最有兴趣?
求职原因
When would you be available to start work here?你什么时候可以开始来这边上班? I am available as soon as possible.我随时都可以上班。
Why are you leaving your present job?你为什么要放弃目前的工作?
Management changed and we did not get along.经理换人,而我们又处不来。
So, you were fired?如此,你是被炒鱿鱼了?
Yes, they let me go.Because I did not agree with their business philosophy.是的,他们让我走。因为我不同意他们的经营理念。
What do you think about your qualifications?你认为你能胜任工作吗?
I know about how business is done here.我认为这方面比较在行。
And I am a hard worker when I have something challenging to do.并且在遇到挑战性的工作时,我是个很努力的人。
Have you ever done any work in this field?你曾经干过这一行吗?
I've been employed as a clerk in ABC Company since 1992.从1992年我就在ABC公司作职员。
What made you decide to change job?是什么使你决定更换工作?
Because the job was not challenging enough.因为那份工作挑战性不够。
Why do you plan to leave the present job?你为什么打算离开现在的工作?
Why do you want to leave your current employment?你为什么希望离开目前的工作? Why do you want to resign your position as secretary?你为什么想辞去秘书的职务? What's the reason why you left your previous employer?
你离开原来那个雇主的原因是什么?
What made you change your job so frequently?为什么你经常转工?
Why were you out of work for so long?你为何这么久没有工作?
I plan to leave the present job in order to be able to get into the advertising business.我想离开目前的工作是为了进入广告业务以寻求发展。
I would like to get a more specialized job.我想获得一份更加专业化的工作。
I liked the work.However, the firm is too small for me to widen my experience.我喜欢那份工作。但那家公司太小,难以增加我的经验。
申请职位及机构
Why are you interested in working with this company?你为什么对在本公司工作感兴趣?
I know that you do a very big international business,我知道贵公司在国际贸易方面的生意做得很大,so I thought it would be a good place for me to make use of the experience I have had.所以,我想这里会是运用我已有经验的好地方。
Why should I hire you?我为什么要录用你?
My educational background and professional experience make me qualified for the job.我的教育背景和工作经验使我能够胜任这项工作。
Those are you just need.那正是你们所需要的。
Then.How can you prove yourself?你怎么来证明你自己呢?
Oh, here are my certificate of merit.哦,这里是我的获奖证书。
What made you pick this job?你为什么选择这个工作?
Thank you for your interest in this position.谢谢你对本公司感兴趣。
Why do you consider yourself qualified for this job?
为何你认为你自己符合这职位的资格?
What kind of experience do you have for the job?
你有什么与这份工作有关的工作经验吗?
What do you consider important when looking for a job?
你选择工作时主要考虑是什么?
What do you think you would bring the job?你认为你将能为这份工作带来什么? What I really want is the chance to learn some advanced methods of management.我真正希望的是有机会学到一些先进的管理方法。
工作经验
Have you got any experience in advertising?你有广告方面的经验吗?
Yes, I have been working in an advertisement company in the last two years.是的,在过去两年里,我一直在一家广告公司工作。
Which advertisement company did you serve?你在哪家广告公司做事?
Zero Advertisement Company.零点广告公司。
What is your responsibility there?你在那主管什么?
Marketing promotion.市场推广。
What is your biggest accomplishment on the job?你在工作上最大的成就是什么? I think it would be building team spirit among my co-workers.我认为就是我在同事间建立了团队精神。
How did you do that?你怎么做到的呢?
It was a gradual process, involving many factors.这是个渐进的过程,涉及到方方面面。
Do you have any sales experience?你有销售经验吗?
Yes, I worked in a fashion shop last summer as parttime sales girl.有,去年夏天,我曾在一家时装店任兼职售货员。
Have you ever done any correspondence work?你有处理文书的经验吗?
Have you ever held a secretarial position?你曾当过秘书吗?
Have you ever done supervisory work?你担任过管理工作吗?
What have you learned from jobs you have held?你从以往的工作中学到什么?
I have learned to use computers and have become familiar with all clerical duties.我学会使用电脑及熟悉所有文员的工作。
I have been a secretary in an insurance company.我一直在一家保险公司担任秘书工作。
语言能力
Can you manage English conversation?你能用英语谈话吗?
Yes, I'm sure I can.是的,当然可以。
Do you think you can make yourself understood in English?
你认为你能用英文表达你的想法吗?
Yes, I think I can in ordinary circumstances.是的,一般情况下,我没有问题。How many languages do you speak?你会讲几种语言?
Three.Besides Chinese, my mother tongue, I can also speak English and French.三种,除了我的母语中文外,我还会讲英语和法语。
Which band of College English Test have you passed?大学英语考试过了几级? Band Six.六级。
How is your language ability?你的语言能力如何?
I believe my English fluency is quite good.我认为自己的英语相当的流利。What other dialect do you understand?你还懂哪种方言?
I can speak Shanghai dialect other than Cantoness.除了广东话,我还能讲上海话。Do you speak a foreign language?你会讲外语吗?
What's your second language in addition to Chinese?
除了汉语以外,你的第二语言是什么?
I speak the Shanghai dialect and the Mandarin.我会讲上海话,普通话。
I can communicate with foreigners easily.我能轻松地和外国人沟通。
I can speak English as far as foreign languages are concerned.就外语来说,我只会讲英语。
I think I'm quite proficient in both written and spoken English.我认为我在英语读写方面相当熟练。
个性与爱好
What kind of personality do you think you have?你认为你具有哪种性格?
I'm quite active and energetic.我积极而充满活力。
I approach things enthusastically and I don't like leaving things half done.我热诚对待每件事,不喜欢半途而废。
What is the most important thing for you to be happy?
你认为对你来说开心最重要的是什么?
I maintain that the most important thing is having good friends.我认为最重要的是有好朋友。
What basic principles do you apply to your life?你在生活中最基本原则是什么? I try to keep a regular schedule every day.我每天努力遵守有规律的安排。Do you think you are introverted or extroverted?你认为你性格内向还是外向? What kind of person do you think you are?你觉得你是那种人?
Would you describe yourself as outgoing or more reserved?
你认为你是个外向的人还是内向的人?
What kind of people do you work with?你最喜欢和哪类人合作?
I'm inclined to think independently.我喜欢独立思考问题。
I think I'm a cooperative worker.我认为我具有合作精神。
I think I am rather outgoing.I enjoy working with others.But sometimes I'll be alone.我想我较外向。喜欢和人合作,有时也想独处。
Sometimes I lack patience in what I am doing.However, I'm very careful with my work.我有时候对自己的所作所为缺乏耐心,不过工作很细心。
I like to work with people who are honest, dedicated to their work.我喜欢与一些诚实并对工作投入的人合作。
业余爱好
What do you do in your spare time?你在业余时间如何消遣?
I have many hobbies.I like almost all kinds of sports and I also like classical music.我有很多爱好,喜欢各种运动,也喜欢古典音乐。
What are your hobbies?你的爱好是什么?
My hobbies are hiking, fishing and climbing.我的嗜好是远足、钓鱼和爬山。What do you like to do during holiday?在假日你喜欢做什么?
I like to listen to the music and to play piano and occasionally to go swimming.我喜欢听音乐、弹钢琴,有时候去游泳。
How do you spend your leisure time?你是怎样打发业余时间的?
What do you do when you are not working?工作之余你有什么消遣活动?
What is your favorite sport?你最喜欢的运动是什么?
Which newspaper do you read?你看哪种报纸?
Which part of the paper do you read first?你会先看报纸的哪一部分?
How is your tennis coming along?你的网球打得怎么样?
I like reading the works of Lao She.我喜欢读老舍的作品。
If I have time, I enjoy camping in the wild with my friends.若时间许可,我爱和朋友到野外露营。
I like playing basket, and I also enjoy the team spirit of basketball.我喜欢篮球及篮球活动中的集体精神。
I read everything I can get my hands on but I like ghosts stories best.我随意拿起什么便看什么,但我最喜欢看鬼故事。
I have just begun to learn and my serve isn't very good.我刚刚开始学习,发球不太好。
个人能力
What is your greatest strength?你的最大长处是什么?
I think I am very good at planning.我认为我最擅长计划。
I manage my time perfectly so that I can always get things done on time.我很会利用时间,因此总能准时完成工作。
What are your weak points?你的缺点是什么?
When I think something is right, I will stick to that.若我认为某件事是对的,我会坚持到底。
Sometimes it sounds a little stubbon.有时候,这显得有点固执。
But I am trying to find a balance between insistence and compromise.我正努力在执着与妥协之间找到平衡点。
Have you any experience with a computer?你有使用电脑的经验吗?
I have approximately three-year experience using a computer.我有大约三年操作电脑的经验。
What kind of computers are you experienced in?你熟悉哪种电脑?
I'm experienced in IBM-PC and Great Wall computers.我熟悉IBM-PC和长城电脑。Did any of your previous positions require typing?
你以前的职务中有没有需要打字的?
Yes, but I can't type very quickly.有,但我打得不是很快。
How many words can you type per minute?你一分钟能打多少字?
I type about 40 words per minute.一分钟我能打40个字。
What are your greatest achievement?你最大的成就是什么?
Can you work under pressure?你能在压力下工作吗?
What are your strengths?你的优点是什么?
What are your weaknesses?你的缺点是什么?
I have received the secretarial training for six months.我曾接受过6个月的秘书训练。
I'm afraid I'm a poor talker.我这个人恐怕不善言谈。
工作目标
What makes you think you are qualified for this position?
是什么使你认为你有资格做这个职位?
I have spent the last five years working specifically in this field.过去五年我专门在这个领域里工作。
Do you think you are over-qualified, then?那你认为你资历过高了?
No, I think I am an excellent match for this job.不,我认为我恰好适合这个职位。How long do you plan to stay with this company, if hired?
如果被雇佣,你打算在这家公司呆多久?
I have no definite ideas in that area right now.在这方面目前我还没有具体的想法。I see.哦。
It just depends on a number of things.这得靠许多因素才能决定。
My qualifications and experience perfectly match what you are looking for.我具备的资格及经验完全符合你们的需求。
I speak fairly good English and I enjoy meeting different kinds of people.我的英语讲得很流利,而且我喜欢接触不同的人。
I think it will be a mutually beneficial relationship.我认为那将是对双方都有利的关系。
What are you looking for in your next job?你希望在你的下一份工作内得到什么? What is your career objective?你的事业目标是什么?
What would you like to be doing two years from now?两年后你希望自己在做什么? What ideas do you have if we employ you?如果我们录用你,你有什么想法?
薪酬待遇
You are the very person we want.你就是我们要的人选。
Thank you, sir.谢谢您,先生。
What salary would you expect to get?你希望拿多少薪水?
As for salary, I leave it to you to decide after experience of my capacity.至于薪水,还是等检验了我的能力之后由你们再作决定。
Well, I believe we can offer you 2,500 yuan a month at the start.哦,我想我们可以给你每个月2500元的起薪。
Would that be satisfactory?你觉得满意吗?
Yes, I'm quite satisfied.That would be more than I have expected.我很满意,比我期望的要多。
How much money are you looking for in this job?你希望的薪水是多少?
Based on my skills and experience, I am looking for four thousand a month.根据我的能力和经验,我希望月薪是4000元。
That's a little more than we had planned.这比我们计划的多了一些。I think you'll find I'm worth it.我想你会发现我值得拿那些钱。
How much money are you presently earning?你目前挣多少钱?
What is your monthly salary now?你目前的月薪是多少?
What is your asking price?你要求的薪水是多少?
I'm presently making five thousand a month.我目前的薪水是5000元。I'm asking in the five thousand a month.我要求月薪5000元。