第一篇:小学六年级英语日常对话训练材料
小学六年级英语日常对话训练材料
[当前125852位家长在线讨论]2012-12-04 14:20 来源:快乐学习小学
1.介绍新同学:
A: Hi, Tom.Who’s the boy over there?
B: He’s my friend, Jim.A: Is he a new student?
B: Yes, he is.Come here, Jim.This is Mike.C: How do you do, Mike.A: How do you do? How old are you?
C: I’m eleven.A: Me, too.Oh, it’s time for school(It’s time to go to school.).C: Can I go with you?
A: Sure.Let’s go.2.在课堂上:
T: Who’s on duty today?
S1: I am.T: Is everyone here?(Are you all here?)
S1: No, Jim is not.T: Where’s he?
S1: He’s in the teachers’ office.T: Go and get him, please.S1: OK/ All right.S2: May I come in, Miss Gao?
T: Come in, please.Now look at the blackboard.Read the numbers from ten to twenty.Ss: All right/Yes.T: Jim, it’s your turn to read.Read these words.S2: All right.3.购物:
A: Can I help you?
B: Yes, please.A: What do you want?
B: I want a dress for my daughter.A: How about this red one?
B: It’s very nice.How much is it?
A: It’s fifty Yuan.B: I take it.Here you are.A: Thank you.Goodbye.4.问路:
A: Excuse me, how can I get to the post office?(Where is the post office?)B: Sorry, I don’t know.Go and ask him.A: Do you know the way to the post office?
C: It’s over there, beside/near the Bank of China.This way, please.A: Thank you very much.C: You’re welcome/ It’s my pleasure/ That’s all right.5.表达喜好:
A: What’s the time, Ann?
B: It’s four o’clock.It’s time to go to the park.A: Let’s go.B: Look at these flowers.How beautiful!I like red flowers.A: Me, too.Let’s get some.B: Please don’t.A: I’m sorry.6.接待客人:
A: Welcome to my home, Ann.Sit down and have some apples, please.B: Thanks.How’s your mother?
A: She’s very fine.B: What’s her job?
A: She’s a doctor.Look, she has many photos.B: She looks young and beautiful.A: Thank you.B: Whose photos are they? Are they yours?
A: Yes, they’re mine.B: You’re very lovely.A: Thank you very much.7.生日聚会:
Ss: Happy birthday, Lily and Lucy!These are for you.Lily & Lucy: Thank you.Lily: Which is for me, this one or that one?
Ss: The red one.Lily: Let’s open it.There’s a toy boat in it.I’ll put it on the desk.I like this present.Lucy: Come on!Let’s have the cake.Ss: All right.8.介绍外国朋友:
T: This is our new friend, Alice.Ss: Nice to meet you, Alice.A: Nice to meet you!
S1: Where are you from?
A: I’m from America.But I can speak English and Chinese.S2: That’s great!What class are you in?
A: I’m in Class one, Grade six.S2: We’re in the same grade, but in different classes.A: I’m sorry.9.去公园:
A: Can you see a bird over there?
B: Where is it? I can’t find it.A: Here it is.It’s in the tree.B: Yes.It’s lovely.A: Look, there are some birds in that tree.B: How many birds can you see?
A: Let me see.One, two, three …I can see eight birds.A: You’re right.10.询问电话号码:
A: Excuse me, would you please tell me Mr.King’s telephone number?B: It’s 83465432
A: Pardon?
B: 83465432.A: Thank you very much.B: It’s my pleasure.11.吃饭:
A: Mum, what are these on the table? Are these eggs?
B: Yes, they are.A: Can I have four eggs?
B: No, you can’t.But you can have two.B: All right.A: Would you give two eggs to your sister?
A: Sure.12.寻物:
A: What’s that over there?
B: Let me see.It’s a watch.A: Whose watch is it? Is it yours?B: No, it’s not mine.It’s Helen’s.A: Are you sure?
B: Yes.Let’s go and give it to her.A: All right.Let’s go.
第二篇:英语日常对话
Excursion trains will give visitors an appreciation of the great
wisdom and achievements in China's urban development from
ancient to modern times.
第三篇:英语日常对话及作文
1、It’s Nice Meeting You.很高兴见到你。
A: Hi, Stone.I’d like to introduce my friend, Lisa.嗨,石头,我想介绍一下我的朋友,丽莎。
B: Hi, Lisa.It’s nice meeting you.嗨,丽莎,很高兴认识你。
C: Nice meeting you, too, Stone.我也很高兴认识你,石头。
B: Lisa, you know, I’ve heard a lot about you.丽莎,你知道,我听说过许多关于你的事情。
C:Really? I hope it’s not anything bad about me.真的吗?希望不是关于我的坏事情
B: Not at all.You are very popular.Everything I’ve heard has been good!
根本不是。你很受欢迎。我听到的都是关于你的好事情!A: Hello, let me introduce myself.I’m your new neighbor.My name is Andy.你好。让我自我介绍一下。我是你的新邻居,安迪。
B: Hi, Andy.I’m Judy.It’s nice meeting you.你好,安迪,我叫朱迪,很高兴认识你。
A: Nice meeting you, too.我也很高兴认识你。
B: Come over and visit when you have time.有空过来聊聊天。
A: Thanks for the invitation.I will!谢谢邀请,我会的!
财富总结
介绍常用语
I’d like to introduce my friend.我想介绍一下我的朋友。
It’s nice meeting you.很高兴认识你。
Nice meeting you, too.我也很高兴认识你。
I’ve heard a lot about you.我听说过许多关于你的事情。/ 久仰大名。
Let me introduce myself.让我介绍一下自己。
疯狂秘笈
要想全面突破对话,重要的不是囫囵吞枣地将一篇篇对话背下来,而是要睁大眼睛,将那些关键的句子、精彩的句子一一搜罗出来,反复操练直至脱口而出。这叫做“学一句顶十句”
2、It’s My Pleasure.这是我的荣幸。
A: Linda,it’s really late.Let’s call it a day.琳达,太晚了我们今天就做到这儿吧
B: Good idea.We can finish this project the first thing tomorrow morning.好主意,我们明天早上第一件事就完成这个项目。
A: Sure thing.Do you want me to give you a ride home?当然。要我开车送你回家吗?
B: That’s great.Thanks for the ride.I really appreciate it.You know my car is still in the shop.太好了,多谢你送我,我真的很感激。你知道我的车还在修。
A: Don’t mention it.It’s my pleasure.没关系,这是我的荣幸。
B: It’s very nice of you.你真好。
A: Mike, these flowers are just gorgeous.迈克,这些花真是太漂亮了。
B: I’m glad you like them.Happy birthday!很高兴你喜欢。生日快乐!
A: I can’t thank you enough.I’m really touched.I don’t know what to say.真不知该怎么谢你。我真的很感动,不知该说些什么才好。
B: Forget it.It’s my pleasure.You mean a lot to me.不用客气。这是我的荣幸。你对我来说太重要了。
A: You’re the best!你是最好的!
口语要素
★ Let’s call it a day.我们今天就做到这儿吧。
★ You mean a lot to me.你对我来说太重要了。
超级短语(the)first thing 早上第一件事;马上,立刻
* We can finish the project the first thing tomorrow morning.我们明天早上第一件事就完成这个项目。
举一反三
* She makes tea for the boss the first thing at work every day.她每天上班的第一件事就是给老板沏好茶。
* Please call me first thing tomorrow morning.I can’t help you now.现在我帮不了你,请你明天一早打电话来。
* I’ll call on you first thing I arrive.我一到就会立刻来拜访你。
五星级形容词gorgeous 华丽的,灿烂的,辉煌的;极好的,令人愉快的 * The fall is a gorgeous time in Beijing.秋天是北京的黄金季节。
A: Your wife is really gorgeous.I can’t take my eyes off her.你的老婆太迷人了。真是让人目不转睛。
B: Yeah, well maybe you should try!是吗?那你最好别看!
3、I’m Working on It.我正在努力。
A: Kim, have you made contact with Mr.Lee?金姆,你跟李先生联系上了没有?
B: Not yet, Mr.Wang.But I’m working on it.还没有,王先生。我正在联系。
A: What seems to be the problem?是怎么回事?
B: I just keep getting a busy signal.我打的时候老是占线。
A: Maybe his phone is out of order.Anyway, keep working on it.I really need an answer about the contract I sent him.也许是他的电话坏了。不管怎么样,继续联系吧。我确实想知道他对那份合同的回应。
B: All right, I’ll let you know when I get through.好的,接通了我就告诉你。
A: Peter, have you finished your English composition?彼得,你的英语作文写完了吗?
B: No.But I’m working on it.没有。我正在写。
A: Class starts in twenty minutes.You have to turn it in at the beginning of class today.还有20分钟就要上课了。你得今天上课前交作业!
B: I know.I know!我知道。我知道!
A: Do you think you can finish it on time?你觉得你能按时完成吗?
B: Don’t worry.I’ll get it done very soon.I’m almost finished.不用担心。我马上就写完,差不多写完了。
A: You’d better hurry!你最好快点!
B: Well, it would be a lot easier to finish if you stopped talking to me.你要是不跟我说话,我会完成得更轻松。
A: Sorry!对不起!
超级短语
make contact with 取得联系
* Have you make contact with your uncle in Taiwan?你跟台湾的舅舅取得联系了吗?
“取得联系”还有很多其他说法:
*Have you reached Mr.Lee yet?
*Have you gotten in touch with Mr.Lee?
*Have you gotten a hold of Mr.Lee?
*Have you connected with Mr.Lee?
*Have you been able to connect with Mr.Lee?
额外成就感lose contact with 失去联系
I’ve lose contact with most of my school friends.我跟大多数同学已经失去了联系。
4、It’s a Piece of Cake.这很容易
A: Jim, I heard you’ve bought a new computer.吉姆,我听说你买了一台新电脑。
B: Yes.Look, it is on my desk.是的,看,就在我的桌子上。
A: Your office looks different with a computer.By the way, is it difficult to use a computer?有了一台电脑,你的办公室看上去大不一样了。噢,对了,用电脑难吗?
B: Not at all.It’s a piece of cake.一点也不。这很容易。
A: A piece of cake?很容易?
B: Yes.It’s easy and convenient to use a computer.But it takes a long time to really master it.是的,使用电脑很容易,也很方便,但要真正掌握它就需要时间了
A: Jim, could you do me a favor?吉姆,你能帮我个忙吗?
B: Sure, just ask.What can I do for you?当然,说吧。要我做什么?
A: My car has a problem starting.Could you please take a look at it for me?
我的车启动不了。你能帮我看一下吗?
B: No sweat.It’s a piece of cake.没问题。这很容易。
A: Are you sure?你肯定?
B: Absolutely.I’m a great mechanic.绝对。我修车很在行。
A: Thanks for helping me out.I really appreciate it.多谢帮忙。我真的很感激。
B: Anytime.愿意效劳。
5、I Couldn’t Agree More.我完全同意
A: Jim, how was your weekend?吉姆,你的周末过得怎么样?
B: I went to the beach with my friends and had a barbecue there.我跟朋友去海滩玩了,还在那儿吃了烧烤。
A: That sounds like a lot of fun.Did you go swimming, too?那一定很好玩。你们也游泳了吧?
B: Sure.I think it’s a fantastic place to go.当然。我觉得那是个好去处。
A: I couldn’t agree more.That’s an ideal place for a vacation.我完全同意。那是个理想的度假场所。
B: It sure is.当然。
A: I can’t wait to go there myself.我都巴不得亲自到那儿去玩玩。
A: Beautiful weather, isn’t it? 今天天气不错,是不是?
B: Yes, it is.Are you here on business?是的,的确不错。你来这儿出差吗?
A: No, I’m on a vacation to see the famous Three Gorges.不,我休假去著名的三峡旅游。
B: I’m going there for a tour, too.Is this your first trip to China?
我也是去游三峡的。你这是第一次来中国吗?
A: Yes, it is.是的。
B: Why don’t we go together? I can show you around.I think you’ll have a better time.我们何不结伴而行呢?我可以带你到处走走。我想你会玩得更开心的 A: I couldn’t agree more.我完全同意。
B: Great, let’s go!太好了,走吧!
5、I Couldn’t Agree More.我完全同意
A: Jim, how was your weekend?吉姆,你的周末过得怎么样?
B: I went to the beach with my friends and had a barbecue there.我跟朋友去海滩玩了,还在那儿吃了烧烤
A: That sounds like a lot of fun.Did you go swimming, too?那一定很好玩。你们也游泳了吧?
B: Sure.I think it’s a fantastic place to go.当然。我觉得那是个好去处
A: I couldn’t agree more.That’s an ideal place for a vacation.我完全同意。那是个理想的度假场所
B: It sure is.当然
A: I can’t wait to go there myself.我都巴不得亲自到那儿去玩玩
A: Beautiful weather, isn’t it? 今天天气不错,是不是?
B: Yes, it is.Are you here on business?是的,的确不错。你来这儿出差吗?
A: No, I’m on a vacation to see the famous Three Gorges不,我休假去著名的三峡旅游
B: I’m going there for a tour, too.Is this your first trip to China?我也是去游三峡的,你这是第一次来中国吗?
A: Yes, it is.是的
B: Why don’t we go together? I can show you around.I think you’ll have a better time.我们何不结伴而行呢?我可以带你到处走走。我想你会玩得更开心的 A: I couldn’t agree more.我完全同意
B: Great, let’s go!太好了,走吧!
6、Thank You for Everything.感谢你做的一切
A: Jenny, are you having a good time?詹妮,你在这儿玩得开心吗?
B: Yes, of course.This is a really wonderful party with interesting people and great food.当然开心,这场晚会有美食、佳宾,真是棒极了
A: I’m glad you are enjoying yourself很高兴你在这里玩得开心
B: Thank you for the invitation.感谢你的邀请
A: It’s my pleasure.Can I get you another glass of champagne?这是我的荣幸。再来一杯香槟吗?
B: Yes, I’d love another glass.You’re a wonderful hostess.Thank you for everything.是的,我还想再来一杯。你真是一位出色的女主人。感谢你做的一切
A: It’s my pleasure having you here.你能来是我的荣幸。
A: Mrs.Lee, I’ve stayed here for almost a week.I really must leave tomorrow.李太太,我在这儿已经住了差不多一个星期了。我明天真得走了
B: Please feel free to stay as long as you want.You know you’re always welcome here.请随意,想住多久就住多久吧。你总是受欢迎的
A: Thank you.You’ve been so nice to me.谢谢,你对我真好
B: Is there anything else I can do for you before your leave?在你走之前还要我做点什么吗?
A: No, thanks.You’ve done a lot for me already.Thank you for everything.不用了,多谢。你已经为我做了很多。感谢你做的一切。
B: Don’t mention it.I’ve really enjoyed your company.不必客气,有你的陪伴,我也很开心。
7、Don’t Worry about It.别担心
A: Jodi, I must get a hold of Jim today, but I forgot his address and phone number.祖迪,我今天一定得跟吉姆联系上,可是我忘了他的地址和电话号码了
B: Don’t worry about it.I have his pager number right here.别担心。我这儿有他的呼机号。
A: Really? You’ve helped me a lot.Thank you.真的吗?你帮了我大忙,谢谢
B: Forget it.It’s nothing.不用客气,这没什么。
A: Anna, Would you like to dance?安娜,你想跳舞吗?
B: I’d love to, but I’m a terrible dancer.I’m afraid I may step on your toes.哦,我很乐意。可是我跳得很糟糕。我担心踩着你的脚。
A: Don’t worry about it.I’ll show you how.It’s a piece of cake.别担心。我教你怎么跳。简单得很
B: Thank you.I’ll try my best.谢谢,我会尽力的 I Apologize.我很抱歉
A: Jessie, I’m afraid I can’t come back home for dinner tonight.杰茜,我恐怕今晚不能回家吃晚饭了。
B: Not back home for dinner again? That’s the third time this week!
又不回家吃晚饭?这个星期你已经是第三次了这样了!
A: I’m sorry.Our company has just opened.There are always too many things to handle.You know that.对不起。我们的公司刚刚开业,总是有太多事情要处理,这你是知道的
B: You don’t have to explain.Suit yourself.你不必解释了,随便你。
A: I apologize.You have my word, I’ll spend some time with you on the weekend.I promise.很抱歉。我向你保证,周末抽时间来陪你,我发誓。
B: We’ll see.再说吧
A: Thank you for understanding.I promise I’ll make it up to you.谢谢你能理解。我保证一定给你补上。
A: Sam, you’ve got to forgive me.山姆,你得原谅我。
B: Forgive you for what?原谅你什么?
A: I used your computer.And I’m afraid I’ve erased your personal files accidentally.我用了你的电脑。恐怕我不小心把你的私人文件删掉了。
B: No!Are you kidding me?不!你跟我开玩笑?
A: I’m afraid not.I apologize.不是,我很抱歉
B: I can’t believe it!I have all my important personal documents stored in that computer.It’s no laughing matter.我简直不敢相信!我将所有重要的私人资料都存入电脑了。这可不是闹着玩的。
A: I told you I’m sorry.What can I do to make it up to you?我都跟你道歉了。我怎样做才能弥补我的过错?
B: Well, you should be sorry!Don’t ever use my computer again!You can’t do anything now, it’s too late!你应该道歉!再也不许用我的电脑了!现在你做什么都没有用了,已经太迟了!
You Did a Good Job.你干得很好。
A: Tom, I’ve got good news for you.汤姆,我给你带来了好消息。
B: What is it? 什么好消息?
A: Haven’t you heard that your novel has won The Nobel Prize?你难道没有听说你的小说获诺贝尔奖了?
B: Really? I can’t believe it.It’s like a dream come true.I never expected that I would win The Nobel Prize!真的?简直不敢相信。这就像做梦一样。我从没想到会获得诺贝尔奖!
A: You did a good job.I’m extremely proud of you.你干得不错。我真为你感到自豪B: Thanks for the compliment.多谢夸奖
A: You certainly deserve it.Let’s celebrate!你该拿这个奖。我们好好庆祝一下吧!
A: I heard you were promoted to general manager of IBM’s China Headquarters.我听说你被提升为IBM公司中国总部的总经理了
B: That’s true.I got the news yesterday.没错,我是昨天才知道的 A: You did a good job for the company.So, this is your first day in the new position.How do you feel?你为公司作出了贡献,那么,今天是你在新职位上的第一天,感觉怎么样?
B: Not bad.I’m confident.And I like challenges.不错,我有信心,而且,我喜欢挑战
A: I believe you are cut out for this position.我相信你能够胜任这份工作
B: Thank you.谢谢你。
10、I’m Looking Forward to It.我期待着这件事
A: I’ve been working hard for a whole year.I really need a break.我辛辛苦苦工作了整整一年。我真得歇歇了。
B: That’s true.You need to take some time off to relax.真的。你需要抽出一些时间放松一下。
A: You said it.I’m looking forward to my annual vacation.你说得没错。我正期待着年假的到来。
B: When are you going to take your vacation?你什么时候开始休假?
A: Later this month.I can’t wait!这个月底。我等不及了!
B: I really envy you.I’m not taking my vacation until December.我真羡慕你。我要到十二月份才能休假。
A: Mr.Wang, have you enjoyed your stay here?王先生,你在这儿过得愉快吗?
B: Of course, I’ve enjoyed it very much.I’ve met my old friends and made some new friends.当然,我过得很愉快。我见到了我的老朋友,还结识了一些新朋友
A: We’ve all enjoyed being with you.When will you come back?我们都喜欢跟你在一起。你什么时候回来?
B: Sometime next year.明年的某个时候。
A: I’m looking forward to seeing you again.Take care.我期待再一次见到你,多保重
B: The same to you.Keep in touch.你也一样。保持联系
【背景介绍】初到美国的中国学生,往往要先过语言关,然后才可以选修其他的课程。下面这段对话就是一个正在进修语言的中国学生的困惑
A: How long will it take to learn English? Will I be able to take other courses next semester or will English take up all of my time? 学会英语要花多长时间?我下学期可不可以选修别的课程?还是要把英语一直学下去?
B: It’s hard to say.Language isn’t like other studies.很难说。语言不同于其它的学问
A: You mean I could finish this course and still not know English? You’ve got to be kidding!你是说我修完了这门课还是不懂英文? 你在开玩笑吧!
B: I’m not kidding.Learning a language is a question of forming language habits and that takes time.绝无戏言。这是一个养成语言习惯的问题,得花不少时间
A: So do we have to stay in this English class forever? 那我们一辈子都得留在英语班了吗?
B: No.You just have to stay here long enough to get some orientation.Then you go on practicing and learning outside.A lot of learning depends on your personal motivation.那倒不必。你要在班上待到获得一些学习的方法为止。然后你就可以在课外练习和进修了。学习很多时候是要靠你的个人动力
A: So it’s really the same story.Practice, practice, practice and more practice is the only way to learn a language.还是那句话,操练,操练,再操练是学习一门语言的唯一办法
B: You said it.你说对了!
口语要素
★ It’s hard to say.很难说。
★ Certainly.当然了。
超级短语
be able to 能,会
* Will you be able to come with me tomorrow? 明天你能跟我一起来吗?
* I haven’t been able to get in touch with her.我尚未能和她取得联系
go on 继续
* Don’t keep me in suspense.Go on with the story!别吊我胃口,接着讲!
* I just wanted to look for a book.You can go on with your work.我只是来找一本书,你继续工作吧。
超级句型 You mean 你的意思是说„„
* You mean we can finish this course and still not know English? 你是说我们修完了这门课还是不懂英文?
* You mean I don’t need to come to work tomorrow?你是说我明天不用来上班了?
★ It’s a question of 是„„的问题
* It’s a question of forming language habits and that takes time.这是一个养成语言习惯的问题,得花不少时间。
* It’s a question of attitude, not action.这是个态度问题,而无关行动。
精彩句子
★You stay here long enough to get some orientation.Then you go on practicing and learning outside.你在班上待到获得一些学习的方法为止。然后你就可以在课外练习和进修了。
语法点滴 一般将来时:表示即将发生的动作
* How long will it take to learn English? 学会英语要花多长时间?
* Will I be able to take other courses next semester?我下学期能选修别的课程吗?
* When will you finish the term paper?你什么时候能完成学期论文?
* What are you going to do during the National Day vacation?国庆节放假期间你准备做什么?
* We’re going to Hawaii to spend our honeymoon next week.下个星期我们要到夏威夷去度蜜月。
2.Americans Have So Much Money 美国人好有钱
A: I used to think that Americans had so much money they didn’t know what to do with it.从前我老以为美国人都好有钱,却不知道该怎么花。
B: You did?你真这么想?
A: Yes.But now I’ve learned differently.Now I have a more realistic opinion.是呀。不过我已经知道不是这么回事了。现在我的看法更实际。
B: What do you think now? 那你现在怎么想?
A: There are lots of jobs, and almost everybody works.There is a high standard of living.People earn a lot, but they spend a lot to live.So there isn’t so much money after all.美国有许多行业,而且几乎人人都工作。生活水准高,个人收入多,但生活开支也大。所以最后也没剩多少钱。
B: But I still say Americans spend a lot more money on useless things than we Chinese do.但我还是认为美国人比我们中国人爱乱花钱。
A: That’s true.But Americans work hard for their money like we do.I don’t know why our spending habits are so different.那倒是。但是美国人和我们一样努力地工作。我不知道为什么两国的消费习惯这么不同
额外成就感 used to 过去常常
* I used to go to English salon on Sundays.我以前常在周日去参加英语沙龙。
* I used to live in Beijing.我以前住在北京
after all 毕竟;结果;虽然
* I’m so sorry.I can’t come after all.对不起,结果我还是不能来。
* It’s not surprising you’ve got stomachache.After all, you’ve eaten too much.你的胃痛并不奇怪,毕竟你吃得实在太多了。
* I know he hasn’t finished the work, but after all, he’s done his best.我知道他未完成这项工作,但毕竟他尽力了。
3.Could You Explain a Little More你能再解释一下吗
A: What do you think is harder, reading or writing?
你认为读和写哪个比较难?
B: Well, they’re completely different.Reading is passive, and writing is active.它们是截然不同的两码事,读是被动的,写是主动的。
A: I don’t think I understand what you mean.Could you explain a little more?
我不知道你说的是什么意思,能不能再给我稍微解释一下?
B: In reading you need to recognize language by seeing the words on the page and knowing what they are.In writing you have to produce language, you have to create your own words on a blank page.阅读是认识纸上现有的语言文字,而写作是在白纸上用自己的话创造语言。
A: Oh, now I see what you mean.When you’re reading, you are just looking, but when you are writing, you are actually doing something!哦,我明白你的意思了。读只是浏览,而写却是创造。
B: A reading knowledge of a language is larger and different from a writing knowledge.Don’t you think so? 一种语言的阅读知识要比写作知识来得广泛而且大不相同。你难道不同意吗?
A: I think I see what you mean.I can read Shakespeare but I definitely can’t write it.我想我懂你的意思了。我可以阅读莎士比亚的作品,但却写不出来
B: Exactly.对极了
A: So I have another question for you.What do you think is harder, speaking or understanding? 我还有一个问题。你认为听和说哪个比较难?
B: They’re both harder than reading or writing.两个都比读和写难
A: In what way? 在哪一方面?
B: Because they are direct communication with another person, and there’s a time limit.This time limit is the most serious problem for foreigners, even for those who know lots of English.因为他们直接与他人沟通,而且还有时间上的限制。时间上的限制对外国人来说是最严重的问题,甚至对那些懂得很多英文的人也是如此。
A: You are making me feel really discouraged.你弄得我好泄气
B: I’m not trying to discourage you.I’m trying to help you.You have to live with these difficulties.Isn’t it better to know about them? The more you know about what you have to face, the better you’ll do.I promise!我不是在打击你,而是想帮你。你总得面对这些困难,了解了这些困难不是更好吗? 你对要面对的问题了解越多,就会做得越好,我向你保证。
额外成就感 be different from 与„„不同
* My opinion is different from yours.我和你的意见相左。
* City life is very different from country life.都市生活和乡村生活是非常不同的。
* Chinese culture is very different from American culture.中美文化存在着很大的差异。
can not see 不明白
* I can not see any difference between them.They’re both handsome!我看不出他们有什么差别,他们都很英俊!
* I can’t see why she’s so against the idea.我不明白她为何如此反对这个意见。
live with 接受;承认;忍受
* Can you live with this arrangement?你能接受这样的安排吗?
* You must learn to live with the fact that you are getting old.你必须学会接受你渐渐变老这个事实。
* I don’t enjoy the situation, but I can live with it.我不喜欢这样的情形,但我能够忍受。
4.Don’t Worry about Making Mistakes 不要担心犯错误
A: I’ve always wondered, what’s the difference between English for Chinese students and English for native students? 我一直弄不明白,中国学生学英语和美国学生学英语有什么不同?
B: I don’t know.What do you think? 不知道,你觉得呢?
A: I think a Chinese student concentrates on written English, and uses it as a basis for communicating.From start to finish he’s learning vocabulary and fundamentals of grammar.This is a very difficult way to learn.我认为中国学生注重书面语言,而且以此来交流。他们从始至终都在背单词和学语法基础。这是一种很困难的学习方法
B: What do natives get?那美国人呢?
A: They get higher level English, which is more formal than everyday spoken English.They also deal with matters of style and creativity 他们注重比口语更为正规和高级的成文英语。他们也学习文体和创作
B: Do you mean that a native doesn’t make any mistakes in grammar? 你说美国本土人都不会犯语法错误吗?
A: Absolutely not!Native speakers make a lot of grammar mistakes, especially if they come from a home where nonstandard English is spoken.当然不是!他们同样犯很多错误,尤其是来自一个说不标准英语的家庭的人
B: I suppose that only a small percentage of college students don’t know standard English in American universities.我想在美国大学里只有极少数的大专学生不懂得标准英语
A: Actually there are more non-native speakers than you think.That’s why it’s so important to quit worrying about making mistakes.Just talk to everyone every chance you get.实际上在美国的非英语母语者要比你想象的多。这就是为什么你不必担心犯错误。见到人就说,不放过每一个练英语的机会
额外成就感 concentrate on 专心于,专注于
* I must concentrate on my new task.我必需专注于我的新任务。
* He concentrated his energies on studying.他把精力专注于研究。
* Many firms are concentrating on increasing their markets overseas许多公司正在集中精力开拓它们的海外市场。
deal with 安排;处理
I think this problem should be dealt with quickly.我认为这个问题应及早处理。
That man is easy to deal with.那个人容易相处。
* I just don’t know how to deal with this problem.我就是不知道该怎么处理这个问题
due to 由于;应归于
* His success is entirely due to hard work.他的成功是努力工作的结果。
* The airport was closed due to the crisis.机场由于危情而关闭。
5.Are You New In this Class你刚到这个班上吗
A: Hi.Are you new in this class? 你刚到这个班上吗?
B: Yes, I am.I really don’t know anyone.是的,我谁也不认识。
A: Did you just arrive in this country? You look a little nervous.你是不是刚到这个国家? 你看上去有点拘束
B: No.I was here last semester, but I didn’t find out about this class in time.So I’m taking it this semester.不是,我上学期就来了。不过我没赶上这班,所以这学期才上。
A: I took this course last semester too.Now I am taking it again!我上学期就在学这门课,现在又在学!
B: How is it? Do you learn anything here? Why are you taking it again? 这课怎样? 你学了什么没有? 你为什么再学一遍呀?
A: Wow, you have a lot of questions!I learned a lot.In fact, that’s why I am taking it again.I get lots of practice in speaking, and also in writing.I’m sure you’ll be glad you took this course.I’ll even help you study if you’d like.哇,你问的问题真多!我学到了很多东西,实际上,这也是为什么我又学一遍的原因。在这门课上,我有很多练习会话和写作的机会。我相信你也会喜欢这门课的。如果你愿意的话,我还可以帮你。
B: That’s just what I need.Thanks so much.You’ve been a big help already.这正是我所要的。非常感谢。你已经帮了我个大忙了
额外成就感 in time 及时;最终(经过一段时间)
* We were just in time to catch the train.我们正好赶上那趟火车。
* These problems will straighten out in time.这些问题终究会解决的 6.Tell Me About this Campus告诉我一些这个学校的事
A: Excuse me, I would like to know something about this campus.Right now it seems very big and confusing!I have no idea where I am going or what I am doing.对不起,打扰一下,我想了解一些关于这个学校的事。现在我觉得它太大了,把人搞糊涂了。我连去哪和做什么都搞不清
B: Do you have a map of the campus? 你有没有校区地图?
A: Yes, I have, but it doesn’t help me very much.I’m not very good at reading maps.有,不过也没多大用处。我不怎么会看地图
B: Do you know where your classes are? 你知不知道你的教室在哪里?
A: More or less.I go to three different buildings, and always get there late.I feel so hopeless.I don’t know why I am late all the time.No one else seems to be.多少知道一点。我要到三栋不同的大楼上课,老是迟到,真是没没希望。我也不知道为什么总是迟到,别人怎么就不迟到
B: That’s because you don’t know the short cuts.You’ll learn them after a while.I can show you the ropes 那是因为你不会抄小路。不久以后你就会知道了。我可以告诉你这窍门
额外成就感 right now 立刻,马上
* You must leave right now or you’ll miss your flight.你必须马上出发否则就误了航班
* I have no time right now to discuss your problems.我现在没时间讨论你的问题
more or less 或多或少;差不多
* He is more or less a jerk.他或多或少是个混球
* They’ve more or less finished their work.他们已差不多完成了工作
show you the ropes 指点窍门
*This is a new member of our organization, Show him the ropes, will you?
这是我们单位新来的人。你向他指点一下工作好吗?
7. I’m Afraid To Speak English我怕说英语
A: Can I ask you a question?我能问你个问题吗?
B: Sure, go ahead.当然了,问吧。
A: How do you get along with the American students in your classes?
你跟班上的美国同学相处得怎样?
B: I don’t have much contact with them.没什么来往
A: Really? Why not? Don’t you go up and talk to them? 真的? 为什么?你不跟他们攀谈吗?
B: No, I don’t.I’m too afraid of making mistakes in English.I don’t want to be laughed at.不,我怕说错,怕别人笑话我 A: You won’t get anywhere that way.You’re the one who needs to practice English, so you should make the first move.Besides, most American students are really friendly and outgoing.They will be glad to talk to you.你这样子不行。是你需要练习英语,所以你要主动地找别人讲话。再说,大多数美国同学都很友好而且很外向,他们会很乐意跟你说英语的
B: Thanks for the advice.I guess you’re right.It’s just hard to overcome my shyness.I really will try from now on.I promise.谢谢你的建议。我想你说得对。我就是克服不了胆怯。从现在起我一定要试着开口,我保证
额外成就感 contact with 接触;联系
* They have many contacts with undergraduates.他们和大学生有许多接触。
* We have a lot of contact with local people.我们与当地人交往密切。
8. What Does The Paper Say报上说些什么
A: Good morning.早上好
B: Good morning.早上好
A: What does the paper say? 报上说些什么?
B: Nothing much—the same old stuff.A lot of bad news as usual.没什么------还不是老一套,坏消息连篇
A: Well, what’s the weather report? 天气预报说什么?
B: Sunny and mild today, cloudy and rainy tomorrow.今天晴朗温和,明天多云有雨
A: Did they find those bank robbers? 抢银行的歹徒找到没有?
B: Not yet.They were holding two men in Ohio, but they let them go.They weren’t the criminals after all.还没有。他们在俄亥俄州抓到两个人,可是又放走了。他们毕竟不是罪犯
A: What about the sports page? What were the scores of last night’s games?
体育版说了些什么?昨天晚上的比赛结果是什么?
B: Here’s the paper;you can read them yourself.给你报纸,自己看。
额外成就感 let go 放;释放;放开
The police had to let the suspect go because they had no evidence由于没有证据,警方只得释放疑犯。
“Let me go.” She cried angrily“放开我!”她生气地叫喊道。
9.I Worry about Everything我无事不愁
A: I really want to take a nap.I feel very sleepy today真想睡一下,我今天觉得好困
B: What’s the matter? Didn’t you get enough sleep last night?怎么了? 你昨天晚上没睡好吗?
A: I fell asleep very late.It was almost two o’clock in the morning when I finally fell asleep.我很晚才睡着。那时都快两点了
B: Are you worried about something? Why couldn’t you sleep? 你在发愁吧? 为什么睡不着觉呢?
A: You know how it is when you’re in a strange country.Everything is new, and you get tired and nervous sometimes.Then you worry about your family, about conditions back home, about your courses, about your money, about everything.I tried to fall asleep but I just had too much on my mind.你知道身在异乡的滋味。凡事都不习惯,有时把人搞得既疲倦又紧张。担心家里的人,担心国内的情况,担心自己的功课,担心钱,总之,无事不愁。我想睡觉,但脑子里装的事太多了。
B: Well, take it easy.Things will look better tomorrow.Maybe you should try exercising or a hot bath to help you relax.唉,想开一点。明天就好了。你试着做点锻炼或是洗个热水澡,或许能有助睡眠
A: Anything is worth a try.But right now I really just want to find a quiet place to take a nap任何办法都值得一试。但是现在我真得找个安静的地方去小睡一会儿
额外成就感 worry about 担心
* I have nothing to worry about in this life.我这一生没有什么烦恼的事。
* He is always worrying about his personal gains.他总是计较个人得失。
10.All Americans Look Alike美国人长得都一个样
A: I really think all Americans look alike.我真的觉得美国人长得都一个样
B: You’re crazy!You haven’t been here long enough.你瞎说!你在美国住的时间还不长吧
A: But they do 他们长得确实是一个样啊
B: What makes you say that? 何以见得?
A: They wear the same clothes, they’re all blond, they all drive cars, they all own Parker fountain pens;they all drink Coca Cola, and they all chew gum.他们穿一样的衣服,都是金发碧眼;都开着车子;都有派克钢笔;都喝可口可乐,而且都嚼口香糖
B: I disagree with you.They don’t all wear the same clothes;they’re definitely not all blond;they don’t all own Parker fountain pens;they don’t all drink Coca Cola, and they don’t all chew gum.I do think they all drive cars though!But that doesn’t have anything to do with how they look!我不同意你的看法。他们并不都穿一样的衣服;也不全是金发碧眼;不是每个人都有派克钢笔;也不全喝可口可乐,更不都嚼口香糖,而且也不是所有的人都开车!但这和他们的长相也没关呀!
A:Maybe I am just homesick.I know you’re right.I just miss China, that’s all.可能是我想家吧。我知道你是对的。只是因为我想家,想中国
额外成就感 enough 足够的,够用的
* Do you have enough money for the taxi fare? 你有足够的钱支付出租汽车的车费吗?
I can’t thank you enough for helping me with my English.你帮我学英语真让我感激不尽
* I don’t know him well enough to ask him for help.我和他不够熟,不便向他求助
11.I Never Know When to Shake Hands我该什么时候握手
A: I have a real problem when I meet people.我在和人会面的时候有个问题。
B: What is it? Maybe I can help.什么疑问?或许我能帮你
A: I never know when to shake hands and when not to.Can you tell me something about it?我不知道该在什么时候握手,什么时候不握手。你能不能告诉我有关这方面的事?
B: Do you come from a country where they shake hands? 你们国家的人握手吗?
A: Oh yes.Men, women, and children shake hands all the time.握呀。男人、女人、小孩、时时刻刻都在握手。
B: It’s very simple.Men shake hands, women and children don’t 那很简单。男人握手,女人和小孩不握。
A: But some women do shake hands.And now a lot of children have such good manners, they shake hands too.可是有些女人也握手呀。而且现在很多有礼貌的孩子也握手。
B: Well, a good rule to follow is, for men you hold out your hand, for women and children, you wait and see what they do.你就遵循这条原则:对男人你先伸手,对女人和孩子就看他们怎么做。
A: That sounds easy enough.这听上去再简单不过了。
B: Sure.Once you get the hang of it, it’s a piece of cake!It’s nothing to worry about.可不是嘛。你一旦掌握了窍门,那就成了小菜一碟!没什么可担心的。
额外成就感 all the time 总是,一直
* They were laughing all the time.他们一直笑个不停。
hold out 维持;伸出
* Our food supplies won’t hold out long.我们的食品供应维持不了多久
get the hang of 掌握窍门
* I’ll get the hang of it pretty soon.我很快就能掌握它的窍门。
12.Have You Got a Scholarship你有奖学金吗
A: Do you mind if I ask you a question?If it’s too personal you can forget it.我想问个问题你介意吗?如果涉及到隐私那就不用回答。
B: I don’t mind at all.You can ask me anything.We’re friends.一点也不介意。你可以问任何问题。我们是朋友嘛。
A: Have you got a scholarship, or are you on your own? 你有奖学金还是自费?
B: I have a scholarship from my government for four years.How about you?我们政府给我四年奖学金,你呢?
A: I have a tuition scholarship from the university.Otherwise I’m on my own.学校只让我免缴学费,其余还是自掏腰包
B: Do you mean that you’re self-supporting? I didn’t even know you had a job!
这么说你是自己维持了?我都不知道你还有份工作!
A: Oh no.My family supports me.And believe me, changing foreign money into dollars is heart breaking.You seem to get so little in return.喔,不是。我靠我家里。说真的,用外币换美元真是件伤感情的事,一换就没多少钱了
B: Yeah, I really know the feeling.I can’t wait to graduate so I can get a good job and earn my own money.是呀,这种感觉我太清楚了。我恨不得马上毕业找个好工作,那我就可以花自己的钱了。
额外成就感 on one’s own 靠自己,独自
* He got the job on his own.他靠自己的力量得到了那份工作
* She would always sit in a corner on her own.她总是独自一人坐在一个角落里
in return 作为回报
* He didn’t expect anything in return for his help.他帮助人并不期待任何回报。
* If you give me your photo, I’ll give you mine in return.你若送我一张照片,我便回赠一张给你
13.How Do You Improve Your English 你怎样提高英语
A: Do you mind if I ask you a question?我问你个问题你介意吗?
B: No, not at all.Go ahead.不介意。问吧。
A: What do you do in order to improve your English?你怎样提高你的英语?
B: I go to movies;I go to lectures;I listen to the radio;I do lots of things.Most importantly, I practice every chance I get.我看电影,听演讲,听广播,方法很多。最重要的是,我抓住每一个可以练英语的机会。
A: It’s a good idea to have a radio, isn’t it?有收音机倒是学英语的好办法,对不对?
B: Sure.It’s like understanding on the telephone——you can’t see the speaker!It’s great for improving listening comprehension.对。就好像是接电话一样,你看不到对方!这对提高听力很有帮助。
A: It takes a long time to learn a language, doesn’t it?学语言要很长的时间,对不对?
B: It certainly does.But if you practice speaking every spare minute and learn useful sentences every day you can make big progress.当然是了。但如果你每天都利用零碎时间苦练说,而且说实用的句子,那你会进步很快
额外成就感 in order to 为了;以便
* I decide to go to England in order to improve my English.为了提高我的英语,我决定去英国。
14.What Words Do I Need to Know 我该了解些什么
A:I was wondering if you could help me with something.我想知道你可不可以帮我个忙
B: Sure, anything you say说吧。
A: Actually, it’s a little bit silly.实际上,这个问题有点可笑
B: Don’t worry about it, just ask.别担心,说吧
A: What words do I need to know to buy a pair of shoes?我买双鞋子该说些什么?
B: You need to know the type of shoe you want.你只要知道你要的式样就行了
A: Don’t worry about that.I can point it out in the store.这个不用担心,我在店里可以指给他们看
B: The shoes can be comfortable or not comfortable, too wide, too narrow, or just right;and long or short.In girls shoes, the heel can be high or low.鞋子可能会舒服或不舒服;可能会太大、太小,或正好合脚;也可能会长或短,女鞋的跟也许会高或矮
A: Let me write all that down.I’m going shopping this afternoon.我把这些话写下来好了,我今天下午就去买。
额外成就感 point out 指出
* I pointed out to him where I used to live.我指给他看我以前住过的地方。
* May I point out that if we don’t leave now we’ll miss the movie.我想提醒大家,如果现在还不动身,我们就赶不上看电影了。
* He pointed out that the project lacked one important thing.他指出,那项计划有个严重的缺陷。
write down 写下;记下
* Write the address down before you forget it.把这地址写下来,免得忘了。
* I write down her telephone number in my notebook.我在笔记簿上记下了她的电话号码。
15.Are Americans Romantic美国人浪漫吗
A: You know, I really don’t think Americans are very romantic.我认为美国人并不很浪漫。
B: Where did you get that idea? 你怎么会有这种想法?
A: That’s the impression I get from the movies, and from looking around.Men and women seem very businesslike in their relations with each other.我是从看电影和对周围事物的观察而得到这个结论的。男女间的关系似乎很实际。
B: Well, I’m still not sure what you’re asking me.我还是不太明白你说的是什么
A: Is it true or isn’t it?你说是对还是不对呢?
B: Do you want to know something about the American character? 你想不想了解一下美国人的性格?
A: I just think you’re trying to change the subject.But go ahead.我看你是想改变话题吧。好了,说吧
B: No, this will help answer your question.In American society boys and girls are raised together.They’re not segregated in their activities!Boys and girls go out together from an early age.不,这有助于回答你的问题。在美国社会里,男孩和女孩是在一起长大的。他们在活动中,并不加以隔离。美国的男孩和女孩从小就可以一块出去玩
A: OK, go on.是,继续说
B: After being raised together, men and women can be businesslike in each other’s company.It really doesn’t have anything to do with the way a man and woman behave toward each other when they are in love.Does that answer your question? 等到他们一起长大成人后,男女之间在工作中的关系就会处理得条理分明,但这和他们在恋爱中的表现是没有一点关系的。这个答案你满意了吧?
A: Not exactly, but I see your point 还好。不过我明白你的意思
B: I think Americans are pretty romantic when they are in a relationship and a lot of flirting goes on in every office.After you’ve been in America for a while, you will probably see what I mean.我觉得美国人恋爱起来挺浪漫的,甚至在办公室也有很多调情的场面。等你在美国呆久了,就会明白我的意思了
额外成就感 go ahead 向前
* Go straight ahead.一直向前走。
* Go ahead, we’re all ears.讲吧,我们都听着呢
A: I was thinking about taking an English course this summer.我今年夏天想上个英语班。
B: Go ahead, I think that’s a great idea.去吧,是个好主意
16.We’re Starting A Soccer Team我们要组织一个足球队
A: Hi Jim.Do you have a minute?嗨,吉姆。你有空吗?
B: Sure, what’s up?有,什么事?
A: Some of us are going to start a soccer team.Would you like to join us?我们几个要组织一个足球队,你要不要参加?
B: I don’t know anything about it.Soccer isn’t as popular in my country as it is here.我对足球一窍不通。我们国家跟这不一样,不兴踢足球
A: That’s all right.We’ll teach you.没关系,我们会教你的 B: Is it anything like American football?足球跟橄榄球一样吗?
A: Not very much.It’s something like hockey, except that you use a big ball and no stick.不大一样。足球有点像曲棍球,不过足球是用大球,而且没有球棍
B: I’ll come down and watch you play some day, and see what it’s like.回头我去看你们踢球,看看究竟是什么样子。
A: Good idea.I think you’ll like it if you give it a chance.好。我相信你一试就会喜欢上它的。
额外成就感 watch 注视;观察;看护
* Did you watch the tennis match? 你看了网球比赛没有?
* Watch the cars when you cross the street.过马路时,要注意车辆。
* He watched to see what would happen.他注意观察会发生什么事。
* She watched the patient all night.她整夜看护那位病人。
17.How Do I Get to the Bank去银行怎么走
A: Pardon me, Ma’am.Can you tell me how to get to the Business Bank? 对不起,太太,您能不能告诉我到商业银行怎么走?
B: Sure.Turn right at the next corner, and keep on going for two blocks.当然可以。下个拐角右转,再走两个街区就到了
A: Which side of the street is it on?银行在街的哪一边?
B: The left-hand side.It’s on a corner.Are you a stranger in town? 在左手边的拐角上。你对本地不熟吗?
A: I’m a stranger in this country.I just arrived from China.我对这个国家很陌生,我刚从中国来
B: My God!You are far from home!天哪!你真是远道而来
额外成就感 keep on 继续;坚持
*In spite of the noise outdoors,she kept on reading.她无视外面的嘈杂声,继续读书
* He kept on asking silly questions.他反复问些愚蠢的问题
far from 远非;完全不
I am far from pleased with your behavior.对你的行为我很不满意
* She realized this was far from the truth.她意识到这决非事实
18.How Often Do the Buses Run公共汽车多久一班
A: Excuse me, could you answer a few questions for me?对不起,打扰一下,你能回答我几个问题吗?
B: Sure.可以。
A: How often do the buses run?公共汽车多久一班?
B: They come by every fifteen or twenty minutes.每十五或二十分钟一班
A: How late do they run?开到多晚?
B: Till around midnight, I think.我想半夜才收班
A: How much is the fare? 一张票多少钱?
B: A dollar.一美元
A: OK, thanks, you’ve really been a big help.I’m sorry to bother you.好的,谢谢。你帮了我大忙。很抱歉打扰你。
额外成就感 till 直到;在„„以前
* I’ll be here till 10 o’clock tomorrow.我一直到明天10点都会在这里。
* My son often sits up surfing the internet till late at night.我儿子常常上网到很晚才睡觉。
19. I’m Just Feeling Homesick 我只是有点想家
A: Hi, John.What’s up?嗨,约翰,最近好吗?
B: Hi.Not much.I’m just miserable as usual.嗨,不怎么样。跟以前一样难过。
A: What’s the matter with you? Don’t you feel well?你怎么了?不舒服吗?
B: I feel terrible.I can’t get used to the food;I can’t get along with the people here.I don’t like these customs——I wish I were back home.我感觉糟透了。我吃不惯这里的食物,跟这的人也相处不好。我不喜欢这里的风俗习惯??真想马上回家。
A: Do you eat everything back home? Have you got lots of friends in your country?
你在国内是不是想吃什么就吃什么?是不是有很多朋友?
B: What are you trying to say?你在说什么呀?
A: That maybe you have some of these same feelings back home.They just seem stronger now because you’re in a strange place.Have you thought about it?
也许你在国内也会有同样的感受,只不过你现在在一个陌生的地方,这种感觉就更强烈。你想过这个问题吗?
B: No, I guess I feel this way at home sometimes too.是啊,我在家有时也有这种感受
A: Maybe you’re just in a bad mood.Don’t worry.It will pass也许你只是心情不好。别担心,一切都会过去的。
B: I hope so.但愿如此。
A: Why don’t you do something you enjoy to take your mind off your troubles?
你为什么不做点你喜欢的事来缓解一下烦恼呢?
B: Thanks for the advice.I’m just feeling homesick I guess.谢谢你的建议。我只是有点想家了。
额外成就感 get along with 与„„相处;进展
* How are you getting along with your new girlfriend? 你和新女友相处得如何?
* How are you getting along with your work? 你的工作进展如何?
* They just can’t get along with each other.他们就是合不来。
20.America Is So Different from China 美国跟中国差别太大了
A: Hi, Jim, how are you doing?嗨,吉姆,你好吗?
B: Not too bad.It’s hard getting used to so many things.America is so different from China.还行,一下子适应这么多新东西是件不容易的事。美国跟中国差别太大了
A: How do American students compare with students in your country?美国学生和你们国家的学生相比怎样?
B: Our students are more serious.Much more serious.我们国家的学生比较认真。远远比美国学生认真
A: What outside interest do they have?他们有些什么课外兴趣呢?
B: Some students are interested in music, sports or relationships, but there really isn’t much time to pursue outside interests.有的喜欢音乐、体育或交友,但他们追求课外兴趣的时间却很少
A: Wow!That is different from America.哇!那跟美国不一样。
B: It’ s just one difference.这只是一点差别。
A: Well, I’m sure having extra free time shouldn’t be too tough to get used to.我想你肯定不太难适应拥有这么多的业余时间。
B: No, it will be great.I am already thinking about all the great things I can do.是啊,这样才好。我已经想了很多可以做的事了。
A: Just don’t get carried away and forget all about your studies.只是别太离谱,忘了功课。
额外成就感be serious about 认真对待
* Is he serious about wanting to be a doctor? 他真的想当一名医生吗?
* Are you really serious about him? 你对他真的有意思吗?
I Can’t Believe My Eyes 我简直不能相信眼前的事实
A: I can’t believe my eyes!我简直不能相信眼前的事实!
B: Well, if it isn’t Mike Li!这不是迈克·李吗!
A: Jim Wang!It’s nice to see you again!It’s been a long time.吉姆·王!见到你真是太高兴了!好久不见了。
B: You know, Mike, I’ve been meaning to call you for a long time.I’m so glad I ran into you today.迈克,你知道吗,很久以来我一直想给你打电话。真高兴今天能遇到你。
A: Me, too.How have you been doing?我也一样。你最近好吗?
B: Super.How about yourself?很好。你呢?
A: Pretty good.I can’t complain.不错,没什么可抱怨的
B: So tell me, the last time I saw you, you were planning to go abroad to study, weren’t you?快说来听听,我上一次见到你的时候,你正准备去出国留学呢,是不是?
A: Yes, I guess I was.But as it turned out, I changed my mind.I decided not to go after all.是,我想是的。但现在有了变化,我最终还是决定不去了
B: Oh, really? But if I remember correctly, you were intent on going to California.Whatever made you change your mind? I thought you were accepted to Stanford.哦,是吗?如果我没记错的话,你当时是要去加利福尼亚。是什么使你改变主意的?我记得你是被斯坦福大学录取了
A: Well, it’s a long story, and I don’t want to bore you with all the details.But what it boils down to is that I decided that going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea.I decided to go to Beijing University instead.I want to save my money and start my own business after graduation.说来话长。那些细节我就不赘述了。最后的结果是,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。我打算去北大。这样,把钱省下来,毕业后可以自己开一家公司
B: Really? That’s very interesting.是吗?那很有趣嘛
A: And how about you? The last time we talked, didn’t you tell me you were going to open your own restaurant and hotel?你怎么样?上次我们聊的时候,你不是说要自己开个酒店吗?
B: That’s right.I was.But things turned out differently than I expected.对呀,是有这么回事。但结果却和我预想的大不相同
A: But you seemed so determined to do that.What happened?可是你当时是决心很大的,发生了什么事呢?
B: Well, it’s very complicated, and I’m sure you don’t want to know all the details.But as it turned out, I decided that opening my restaurant just wasn’t for me.So I decided to stay at my old job instead.说来复杂。我知道你不愿意听详细的个中原由。但结果却是,我觉得自己开饭店并不适合我,所以就决定留在原来的工作岗位
A: Well, a lot sure has happened since we last saw each other.是啊,从上次见面以来,真是发生了很多事
B: You can say that again!You know, we should try to stay in touch.你说得对!我们应该尽量保持联系
A: Yes, we should.Let’s have lunch together sometime soon.的确应该如此。我们最近找时间吃个午饭吧
B: That’s a good idea.I’ll call you.这主意不错。我到时候给你打电话
A: OK.Take care now.好吧,多保重
B: You, too.你也是
口语要素
大家会发现,对话里面出现最多的是精彩的“口语要素”,其实,日常对话都是这些零零碎碎的“口语要素”组成的!一部英文电影又何尝不是成千上万“口语要素”的集合呢
★ I can’t believe my eyes!我简直不能相信眼前的事实!
举一反三:
* I can’t believe my ears!真是让人难以置信!
* I can’t believe what I saw!我不相信我的眼睛!
★ It’s nice to see you again!又见到你真是太高兴了!
★ It’s been a long time.好久不见了。
★ I’m so glad I ran into you today.真高兴今天能遇到你。
★ How have you been doing? 你最近好吗?
★ How about yourself? 你呢?过得好吗?
★ Pretty good./ Super./ I can’t complain.很好。/棒极了。/没什么可抱怨的。【经典回答】
★ I changed my mind.我改变了主意。
★ I decided not to go after all.我最终还是决定不去了。
★ Whatever made you change your mind? 是什么使你改变主意的?
It’s a long story.说来话长。
You can say that again!你说得对!
举一反三:
* You said it!你说对了!
* I’ll say!你说得对!
* You’re right!你说得对!
★ I don’t want to bore you with all the details.那些细节我就不赘述了。
★ I decided to go to Beijing University instead.我最后决定去北大读书。
★ Really? 是吗?
That’s very interesting.那很有趣嘛。
And how about you? 你怎么样?
★ What happened? 发生了什么事呢?
★ We should try to stay in touch.我们应该尽量保持联系。
举一反三:
* We should keep in touch.我们应该保持联系。
* We should contact each other more often.我们应该多多联系。
* We should keep each other informed.我们应该保持联系。
* We should get together more often.我们应该多多联系。
Let’s have lunch together sometime soon.我们最近找时间吃个午饭吧。
【疯狂提示】这是一个典型的结束此类谈话的方式。如果有一个外国人到谈话的末尾对你说出这句话,要谨记两点:第一,不要追问确切的“一起吃午饭”的时间,第二,不要苦苦地等待那顿“不花钱的午餐”。如果对方出于诚意,他会这样说:Let’s have lunch together next Monday, OK?
That’s a good idea.这主意不错。
★ I’ll call you.我到时候给你打电话。
★ Take care now.多保重。
超级短语
run into 碰到,遇到,邂逅
turn out 结果
after all 最终;毕竟
be intent on 决心要做;对某事专心致志
boil down to 等于;归结为
a lot sure has happened 变化很大
stay in touch 保持联系
超级句型:
Well, if it isn’t somebody!哟,这不是某某某吗!
Well, if it isn’t Mike Li!
这不是迈克·李吗!
【疯狂提示】这是一个引起谈话的重要句型,也是扯闲话的经典开端!
② What it boils down to 简单说来
What it boils down to is that I decided that going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea.简单说来,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。
举一反三:
* The matter of fact is that going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea.事实是,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。
* As it turned out, going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea.最后的结果是,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。
③ I’ve been meaning to 很久以来我一直想„„
I’ve been meaning to call you for a long time.很久以来我一直想给你打电话。
【疯狂提示】这是一个掩盖粗心、健忘及忙昏了头等等过失的最好的遮羞布!这是一个既体贴又体面但又不失虚伪的句型。一定要掌握它!
④ You seemed so determined to 你好像决心很大„„
You seemed so determined to do that.你当时是决心很大的 ⑤ If I remember correctly 如果我没记错的话
If I remember correctly, you were intent on going to California.如果我没记错的话,你当时是要去加利福尼亚。
举一反三:
* If I remember correctly, you were intent on becoming a pilot.如果我没记错的话,你当时想当个飞行员。
⑥ I thought 我原以为
I thought you were accepted to Stanford.我记得你是被斯坦福大学录取了。
举一反三:
* I thought you were married.我原以为你结婚了呢
语法点滴
过去进行时:表示过去正在进行的动作
★ So tell me, the last time I saw you, you were planning to go to abroad to study, weren’t you?快说来听听,我上一次见到你的时候,你正准备去出国留学呢,是不是?
举一反三:
* Last time I saw you, you were planning to become a musician.上次我见你的时候,你正准备搞音乐呢。
一般过去时:表示过去发生的事情
★ As it turned out, I decided that opening my restaurant just wasn’t for me.So I decided to stay at my old job instead.结果是,我觉得自己开饭店并不适合我。所以就决定留在原来的工作岗位
★ That’s right.I was.对呀。是有这么回事
★ I thought you were accepted to Stanford.我记得你是被斯坦福大学录取了。
举一反三:
* I thought you said you were going to take the boss’s place.我以为你是说你要接替老板的职位呢。
精彩句子
★ I want to save my money and start my own business after graduation.我想把钱省下来,毕业后可以自己开一家公司
★ It’s very complicated, and I’m sure you don’t want to know all the details.说来复杂。我知道你不愿意听详细的个中原由
A lot sure has happened since we last saw each other.从上次见面以来,我们都有不少变化。
发音精华
[i:] believe, seem, mean
[ei] complain, change, detail, save, graduation, complicated, stay
[ai] time, mind, decide, idea, try
[e] remember, correctly, intent, instead, restaurant, expect
李阳老师的话:与其囫囵吞枣,不如精雕细琢。将一段对话一步一步地消化掉,才是真正地掌握。这段话值得学习一个月。其实,一段对话中潜藏着巨大的宝藏!
2.You Worry Too Much 你想的太多了
A: Hi, Jim.你好,吉姆
B: What’s wrong? You look upset about something.怎么回事?你看上去有点不安
A: You know „ I’m getting a little worried about our English teacher.She should have shown up for class by now.It’s not like her to be late.你知道,我有点担心我们的英语老师。她现在该到了。迟到可不是她的作风
B: I wouldn’t be concerned.She must have gotten stuck in traffic.Traffic has been terrible lately.我不担心。她肯定是遇上塞车了,最近交通不太顺畅
A: I don’t know.She might have „ but then again, I’m not so sure.I’m afraid something must have happened.I just have a bad feeling that she’s in trouble.我也说不清楚。她可能„„我也不知道。我担心发生了什么事。我有一种预感,她遇到麻烦了
B: Oh, come on now.Don’t jump to conclusions.I’m positive she’ll show up for class soon.You worry too much.噢,别瞎想了。不要妄下结论。她很快就会来上课的。你想的太多了。
A: I can’t help it.It’s just my nature.我就是忍不住,这是我的天性
B: Look, there’s Dr.Lee now.See, I told you not to worry.看,那不是李教授吗。我告诉过你不要担心嘛。
A: I’m so relieved!I guess you’re right.I need to relax and not worry so much.这我就放心了。我想你是对的。我应该放松点,不要那么紧张兮兮
口语要素
★ What’s wrong?怎么回事?
★ It’s not like her to be late.迟到可不是她的一贯做法。
★ She must have gotten stuck in traffic.她肯定是遇上塞车了。
★ Don’t jump to conclusions.不要妄下结论。
★ You worry too much.你想的太多了。
★ I can’t help it.我就是忍不住。
★ It’s just my nature.这是我的天性。
★ I’m so relieved!这我就放心了。
★ I guess you’re right.我想你是对的。
3.Thanks for Filling Me In 谢谢你让我知道
A: This seat taken?这儿有人坐吗?
B: No, go ahead, be my guest.I haven’t seen you before.Are you new in engineering?没人,坐吧,请随便。我从没见过你。你是工程系新来的吧?
A: Yeah, I just switched my major from computer science——too much math!I couldn’t take the pressure.对。我刚换了专业,学计算机专业要学太多的数学!我受不了那压力。
B: Well, don’t expect it to be any better here!What’s your name, anyway?
工程系也好不到哪儿去!哦,你叫什么名字?
A: Sam.What’s yours?山姆。你呢?
B: Ben Jones, but everybody calls me “BJ”本·琼斯,但人们都叫我BJ
A: BJ, huh? Well, I’m not going to tell you what my nickname is!Oh, here comes the professor.What’s his name, anyway? Scarey, or something like that?
BJ,对吧?我不会告诉你我的外号的!哦,教授来了!他叫什么来着?“斯凯瑞”?还是什么?
B: James Kerry.But we call him “Big Jim” because he’s so short.詹姆斯·凯瑞。但是我们都叫他“大吉姆”,因为他太矮了。
A: To his face?当着他的面叫他?
B: No.Are you kidding? He has a bad temper.I know he wouldn’t think it was funny.I think it’s really funny.He is a little guy.He’s not a bad teacher though.不。谁敢呀?他脾气很坏的。他才不会觉得这有趣呢。我觉得实在好笑。他个子不高,但是个不错的老师
A: Well, that’s good to know.Thanks for filling me in.谢谢你让我知道这些,这对我很有用。
B: Anytime.别客气。
口语要素
★ Go ahead.向前。/尽管去做。
★ Don’t expect it to be any better here!这儿也好不到哪儿去!
★ To his face? 当着他的面?
★ That’s good to know.这可是个好消息。
★ Thanks for filling me in.谢谢你让我知道。
★ Anytime.别客气。
4.I Can’t Help You Out 我帮不上你的忙
A: Hello.您好。
B: Hello, Tom.This is Don.How are you?你好,汤姆。我是丹。你怎么样?
A: Oh, hi, Don.Just great.How have you been?哦,你好,丹。我很好。你呢?
B: Fine.Listen, Jerry and I wanted to go to a movie tomorrow night, but we don’t have a way to get there.If you drive, we’ll buy the tickets, How about it?
很好。我和杰瑞准备明天晚上去看电影,但是没有车,如果你能开车带我们去,你的电影票我们包了,这个主意怎么样?
A: Well, it sounds like fun, but actually I’ve really got a lot of homework to do.好像是不错,但是我有好多作业要做。
B: Oh, come on, Tom.It’ll be fun.It’s only a few hours.It’ll help you relax.You’ll study better!哦,别这样,汤姆。我们会很开心的,就那么几个小时,你也正好放松一下。这会帮你更好地学习。
A: I really can’t.I’ve got an English exam on Monday and a book report due on Tuesday that I’m really getting nervous about.I don’t think I’d enjoy it much.But thanks a lot for thinking of me.Sorry I can’t help you out.我真的不能去。我星期一有个英语考试,星期二要交一篇读书报告,这使我很紧张。我看电影也看不到心上。但是谢谢你们还想着我。抱歉我实在是帮不了这个忙。
B: Oh, don’t worry about it.Maybe next time.Good luck on your exam.We’ll be thinking of you!那好,没关系。下次吧。祝你考试顺利。我们会想着你的!
A: Thanks.See you.谢谢。再见。
B: Ok, Bye.好的,再见。
口语要素
★ How are you? 你好吗?
★ How have you been? 你过得好吗?
It sounds like fun.好像是不错。
Actually I’ve really got a lot of homework to do.我有好多作业要做。
★ Thanks a lot for thinking of me.谢谢你们还想着我。
★ Sorry I can’t help you out.抱歉,我实在是帮不了这个忙。
5.Thank You Very Much for Inviting Us 谢谢你的盛情邀请
A: Excuse me, Kim? It’s getting late, so I’m afraid we’ll have to be leaving.对不起,金姆,时间不早了,我想我们该走了。
B: Oh, so early? It seems like you just got here!哦,这么快就走啊?你们好像才来呀!
A: Well, I’ve got to get up and drive to the airport for an eight o’clock plane tomorrow.We’ve really had a wonderful time, Kim.Thank you very much for inviting us.我明天早上要开车去机场赶8点钟的飞机。我们今晚在这里玩得很开心,金姆。谢谢你的盛情邀请。
B: Say, Sara, why don’t we meet downtown for lunch some day next week? We could talk more then.喂,莎拉,我们何不下周找个时间在城里一起吃顿午饭?那时我们可以多聊一聊。
A: I’d love to!好啊!
B: I’ve heard the Hilton has delicious seafood.我听说希尔顿的海鲜不错。
A: Oh!That sounds wonderful.I love seafood.噢!太好了,我喜欢吃海鲜
B: I’ll give you a call later on and we can decide the time.我回头给你电话再确定时间。
A: Well, it’s been a fantastic evening.Again, thank you very much.好的,我们今晚过得很愉快。再次感谢你。
B: It was my pleasure having you.你的到来是我的荣幸。
A: I’ll look forward to your phone call.我会等你电话的。
B: Thanks again.Good night.再次感谢,晚安
A: Good night.晚安。
口语要素
★ I’m afraid we’ll have to be leaving.我想我该走了。
★ It seems like you just got here? 你好像才来呀!
★ Thank you very much for inviting us.谢谢你的盛情邀请。
★ I’d love to!好啊!
★ That sounds wonderful.太好了。
★ It was my pleasure having you.你的到来是我的荣幸。
6.Why Are You Mad at Me你为什么生我的气
A: Hi, What’s new?嗨,最近怎么样?
B: Nothing.没事。
A: What’s your problem? Why are you mad at me?你这是怎么了?你为什么跟我生气?
B: What did you have to go and do that for?你为什么要那样做呢?
A: Do what?做什么?
B: You know what I’m talking about.Why did you go tell Mrs.Lee how much money I’m going to make? Now she’ll go and tell the whole world!你知道我在说什么。你为什么要到李小姐那去说我要挣多少钱?全世界的人都会知道了!
A: Well, I’m sorry.I didn’t think it mattered.噢,对不起。我以为这不要紧的。
B: It does matter.You know how she talks to everybody and their brother!Now the whole town will be asking me for money!怎么会不要紧!你是知道她的,她会告诉所有的人和他们的兄弟!现在全城的人都要向我借钱了!
A: Well, I apologize.I guess I wasn’t thinking.I got all excited.我向你道歉。我当时没想到这个。我只顾高兴了
B: Oh well, it’s done now.I guess it doesn’t matter than much, anyway.They were bound to find out eventually.Everybody in this town’s always interested in gossip.那好吧,反正事情已经发生了。我想这毕竟也没什么大不了。大家最终也会知道的。这个镇上所有的人都喜欢扯闲话。
A: You know, it is a lot of money for a first job„你想,你的第一个工作就挣这么多钱也的确„„
B: You think I’ll be able to buy a BMW?你以为我能买一辆宝马车吗?
A: Well, I think you’d better wait and see how much is left after Uncle Sam gets his share!不过,你最好还是看看等纳完税之后还有多少剩余吧!
A: Actually everybody is really impressed.其实所有的人都很羡慕呢。
B: I guess it’s not a big deal after all.我觉得这也没什么大不了的。
A: Any way, I am really sorry.Next time I’ll think before I speak.不管怎样,我感到实在是不好意思。下次说话一定注意。
口语要素
★ What’s new? 最近怎么样?
★ What’s your problem? 你这是怎么了?
★ You know what I’m talking about.你知道我在说什么。
★ I didn’t think it mattered.我想这不要紧。
★ I got all excited.我只顾高兴了。
★ I guess it’s not a big deal after all.我觉得这也没什么大不了的。
★ Next time I’ll think before I speak.下次说话一定注意。
7.I Can’t Wait to Go 我等不及要去
A: Hi, Kim.Long time no see.嗨,金姆,好久不见了。
B: I know.I just got back from Tokyo.是啊。我刚从东京回来
A: I know you travel a lot.I wonder have you by any chance ever been to Beijing?
我知道你经常去旅行。我想知道你有没有机会去过北京?
B: Yes, I have.Actually, I used to live there.Why?去过。我以前还在那里住过呢。为什么问这个?
A: I’m going there with my family for a vacation next month.Can you tell me what it’s like there?我下个月要和家人到那里度假。你能不能告诉我那里怎么样?
B: Well-uh...it’s a very exciting place.As a matter of fact, it’s probably one of the most exciting places I know.这个嘛,那是个激动人心的地方。实际上,那可能是我所知道的最令人向往的地方了。
A: How about the weather„ and the people?那里天气怎样„„人怎么样?
B: The weather at this time of year is usually cool, and in my opinion, the people there are very friendly.那里现在的天气通常会很凉爽,我认为,那里的人很友好
A: It sounds like a wonderful place.这么说那是个非常棒的地方
B: It is.I’m sure you’ll have a good time there.确实是。你在那里肯定会度过一段美好的时光
A: I can’t wait to go.我都等不及了
B: Be sure to send me a postcard and take lots of pictures.别忘了给我寄张明信片来,多拍一些照片
口语要素
★ Long time no see.好久不见了。
★ I used to live there.我以前住在那里。
★ Can you tell me what it’s like there? 你能不能告诉我那里怎么样?
★ It sounds like a wonderful place.这么说那是个非常棒的地方。
★ I’m sure you’ll have a good time there 你在那里肯定会度过一段美好的时光
★ I can’t wait to go.我都等不及了。
★ Be sure to send me a postcard and take lots of pictures.别忘了给我寄张明信片来,多拍一些照片。
8.Are You Enjoying Your Stay Here 你喜欢呆在这里吗
A: Thank you for taking the time to be interviewed.Is this your first visit to America?谢谢你抽时间来面试。这是你第一次来美国吗?
B: No, this is my second visit.I first came to America in July 1999.That time I was here on vacation——just sightseeing, but during that trip I decided that I would come to the United States and study English.不,这是第二次。我第一次来是在1999年7月。那次只是观光旅游,但是在旅游的过程中我下定决心一定要来美国学习英语。
A: How long will you be here for this time?你这次来要呆多久?
B: I arrived in January and I’ll stay until December, 2002.我今年1月份来的,将于2002年12月离开。
A: Are you enjoying your stay here?你喜欢呆在这里吗?
B: Yes and no.Some things are much better than I expected but other things are not so good.I enjoy my lessons very much but I sometimes find it difficult to practice my oral English.American people are very kind but it seems they don’t have time to talk with people from abroad.喜欢也不喜欢。有些事情比我想象中的要好,但有些却不尽人意。我很喜欢所上的课程,但是有时候说英语有困难。美国人很友好,但是看来他们没有时间和一个外国人讲英语。
A: Are you learning English for any particular reason?你学英语有没有什么特别的原因?
B: Yes.At home in China I work in advertising and many of the words we use are English, so I want to understand English better because that will help my job.有。在中国我是做广告的,有很多情况下要用到英语,所以我想提高英语水平,把工作做得更好。
A: Did you learn English at home in China before you came to study English here?
你来这里之前在中国学过英语吗?
B: Sure.When I was a student in China I studied English for six years.But that was a long time ago and in the meantime I forgot all my grammar.So before I came to America I went to English classes for two hours each week for six months.Now I study 20 hours each week and sometimes I have an extra lesson.学过。我在中国上学的时候学了6年英语。但那是很久以前的事了,语法也早就全忘光了。在来美国之前我每周去上两个小时的英语课,一共上了半年。现在我每周学20个小时的英语,有时候还会更多。
9.Welcome to Li Yang Crazy English Company欢迎到李阳疯狂英语公司来
A: Hello.Welcome to Li Yang Crazy English Company你好。欢迎你到李阳疯狂英语公司来。
B: Hello.And Good morning.I’m George Chen.你好,早上好。我是乔治·陈。
A: Nice to meet you George.I’m glad you’ll be working for us.We’re like a big family here.We all work together as a team.乔治,很高兴见到你,我很高兴你能到我们这里来工作,我们这就像是一个大家庭,所有的人工作在一起,就像一个团队
B: That’s great.I’m eager to start.太好了。我都等不及要开始工作了
A: Well, let me tell you about some of our policies and practices here.好的,那我就把这里的规章制度先跟你说一下。
B: All right.That will be a big help.I’m fresh out of college.好的。那会对我帮助很大。我刚从学校毕业
A: We requite all our employees to arrive for work on time and we insist that they keep their lunch hours to a reasonable length.我们要求员工准时到岗,而且午餐的时间不要过长
B: I understand.That seems easy to follow.我明白,这很容易做到
A: Employee character is very important to us.We expect everyone here at LYCE to be industrious, cooperative, honest and open-minded.员工性格很重要。我们希望李阳疯狂英语公司的的员工勤奋、协作、诚实、开明
B: I’m very glad to hear that.I think I possess all of those qualities.很高兴听到这些。上述素质我都具备。
A: We also try to do the best we can for our employees.We feel obligated to provide a safe working environment, and we make every effort to listen to our employees’ concerns.我们也努力为员工创造最好的条件。我们有责任为员工提供一个安全可靠的工作环境,我们也聆听员工们的呼声
B: That’s very admirable.That’s also one of the reasons I wanted to work here.那好极了。这也是我想到这里工作的原因之一
A: Now, perhaps you have some questions.Is there any additional information I can provide?现在你可能有些问题要问吧。你还想了解些什么呢?
B: Yes,As a matter of fact.I have a few questions.是的,我有好几个问题要问呢
A: Certainly.Go ahead!尽管问吧!
B: Will I be required to have a medical examination before I start work?我开始上班之前要不要进行体格检查?
A: Yes, definitely.But the company will cover the expense.是的,一定要体检。但是公司会出这笔钱。
B: And would I have to go through special training or preparations for the job?
我要不要通过一些特殊的岗前培训?
A: Yes, you would.Our company believes in employee training and self-improvement.是的,要参加培训。我们公司秉承员工培训和个人成长的信念
B: And would it be necessary for me to work on weekends?我在周末有没有必要加班?
A: No, that wouldn’t be necessary.不必。
B: And one more question: do employees here have to go through a probation period?
还有一个问题:这里的员工有没有试用期?
A: No, they don’t.Once you are hired you have the same rights and great privileges as other employees.没有,你一旦被录用了,就享有和其他员工一样的权利
B: I see.That’s great.我明白了。太好了。
A: Do you have any other questions?你还有别的问题吗?
B: No, I don’t think so.You’ve been so helpful.我想没有了,你帮我解决了很多疑问
A:All right.I’m glad to hear that.好的,很高兴你这么说
B:Well,I’ve probably taken up enough of your time.我占用你的时间已经够多了
A: We’ll talk again soon.我们很快会再见的。
B: I’ve enjoyed talking with you.Thank you very much.我很喜欢跟你谈话,谢谢。
A: You’re very welcome.不用客气。
口语要素
★ Welcome to Li Yang Crazy English Company.欢迎你到李阳疯狂英语公司来。
★ Nice to meet you.很高兴见到你。
★ All right.好的。
★ That will be a big help.那会对我帮助很大。
★ I’m fresh out of college.我刚从学校毕业。
★ That seems easy to follow.这很容易做到。
★ The company will cover the expense.公司会出这笔钱。
★ Would I have to go through special training or preparations for the job?我要不要通过一些特殊的岗前培训?
Do employees here have to go through a probation period? 这里的员工有没有试用期?
★ I see.我明白了。
★ That’s great.太好了。
★ Do you have any other questions? 你还有别的问题吗?
★ That wouldn’t be necessary.不必。
★ I’m glad to hear that.很高兴你这么说。
★ I’ve probably taken up enough of your time.我占用你的时间已经够多的了。
★ We’ll talk again soon.我们很快会再见的。
★ I’ve enjoyed talking with you.我很喜欢跟你谈话。
★ You’re very welcome.不用客气。
A: What do you miss most about China while you are here in America?你身在美国,最想念中国的什么?
B: I miss real Chinese food.I miss my mother’s cooking and of course I miss my whole family very much.我怀念正宗的中国菜。我怀念我妈妈做的饭。当然了,我非常想念我的家人。
口语要素
★ Thank you for talking the time to be interviewed.谢谢你抽时间来面试。
★ Is this your first visit to America? 这是你第一次来美国吗?
★ How long will you be here for this time? 你这次来要呆多久?
★ Are you enjoying your stay here? 你喜欢呆在这里吗?
Dialogue
露西来拜访玛丽,玛丽非常高兴,留露西吃晚饭,还请她看电影,露西真幸福!
A: Oh, hello, Mary.How nice of you to drop in!
哦,嗨,玛丽,你来真好!
B: Hello, Lucy.I hadn’t seen you for such a long time that I thought I’d just drop in for a little chat.嗨,露西,我好久没看到你了,所以想来聊聊天。
A: I’m so glad you did.By the way, you can stay for dinner, can’t you?
你来聊天我真高兴。顺便一提,你可以留下来吃晚饭,不是吗?
B: But it would be so much bother for you.不过这会太麻烦你了。
A: Indeed not.Not bother at all.真的不会,一点也不麻烦。
B: How about going to the movies after dinner? I’ll treat.晚饭后去看电影如何?我请客。
A: That’s a good idea, but we’ll make Fred pay.You know he just got his bonus.这是个好主意,不过我们让弗雷德付钱。你知道他刚拿到了红利。
B: As a matter of fact I just got mine.That’s why I wanted to treat you two.实际上我刚拿到了我的(红利)。这就是我要请你们两位的原因。
A: Well, I guess I’m the only one that isn’t qualified to pay for the movies.嗯,我想我是惟一没有资格付钱的人。
B: How right you are!
你说得对极了!
A: By the way, how is your mother?
顺便问一下,你的母亲好吗?
B: Oh, she’s quite well.She’s staying at my uncle’s place for a few days.That’s why I don’t have to be home for dinner.哦,她相当好,她在我叔叔家住几天。这就是我不必回家吃晚餐的原因。
A: How nice.Will you excuse me a minute? I’ll call Fred.真好。我离开一会儿好吗?我打个电话给弗雷德。
B: Fred won’t be late, will he?
弗雷德不会晚回来,是吗?
A: No, he says he’s just leaving the office.不会,他说他正要离开办公室。
B: Can I help you with the dinner?
我可以帮你做晚饭吗?
A: Oh, that reminds me.I have the roast in the oven...哦,这提醒了我。烤箱里面有烤肉„„
B: It isn’t burned, is it?
没有烧焦吧,不是吗?
A: No, thank goodness.It seems to be just right.As a matter of fact you reminded me just in time.没有,感激上帝。看起来似乎刚刚好,实际上,你提醒得正是时候。
B: Do you mind of I play a record on the stereo?
我在立体音箱上放张唱片,你不介意吧?
A: Of course not.Go right ahead.当然不会,请放。
精彩脱口秀--看电影
电影已经成为人们百谈不厌的话题,它丰富了我们的业余生活,人人都可以对电影发表自己的意见,或喜欢或讨厌,或褒或贬,大家一起看场电影不但可以充实我们的生活,还可以增进我们之间的感情。
●Have you seen any good movies lately?最近你看了什么好电影了吗?
●Who’s your favorite actor?你喜欢的演员是谁?
●Hero is showing in Beijing.北京正上映《英雄》。
●I’d like to cancel my reservation.我想取消预约。
●He’s a great actor.他是一位相当不错的演员。
●It was so crowded, there wasn’t even standing room.挤得几乎没有站立的地方。
●They’re got Titanic on.正上演《泰坦尼克号》。
●The story is very exciting and full of suspense.情节紧张,充满悬念。
●What’s the story about?电影里讲述了什么故事?
●Don’t miss it.别错过这个机会。
●What’s playing now?正在上演什么片子?
●When is the next showing?下一场是几点开始?
●Two tickers for Gone with the Wind.要两张《飘》。
●I’d like a large popcorn with butter.我要一大盒奶油爆玉米花。● Excuse me.Is this seat taken?对不起,这位子有人坐吗?
Unit 16 Time 时间Dialogue
琳达和玛丽下个周末要去旅游,现在她们还在计划时间„„
A: Hello, Linda.嗨,琳达。
B: Hello, Mary.Come on in.嗨,玛丽,请进。
A: Thanks.I came to talk over our plans for our picnic this coming weekend.谢谢你,我来讨论我们下个周末野餐的计划。
B: That’s a good idea.Please sit down.好主意,请坐下。
A: Thank you.Now, let’s me...Saturday is sixth, isn’t it? Do you think we could leave as early as seven o’clock?
谢谢。嗯,让我想想看„„星期六是6号,不是吗?你想我们可以早在7点钟就出发吗?
B: Of course, the earlier the better.If we could leave even half an hour earlier, we could avoid the morning traffic.当然,愈早愈好。如果我们再提早半个钟头出发,就会避免早上的交通高峰时间。
A: My!That’s awfully early, isn’t it?
哎呀!那可真早,不是吗?
B: Well, we’d have to get up at least an hour earlier.But that wouldn’t be too bad.We could get everything ready the night before.嗯,我们必须至少提早一个钟头起床。不过那并不会太糟。我们在前一晚就可以把所有的东西都准备好。
A: Yes, I suppose so.Look, I’ll come over Friday evening and help you prepare the sandwiches and other things that we’ll take.是的,我想是的。喂,我星期五晚上过来,帮你准备三明治及其他我们要带的东西。
B: Oh, that’ll be fine.喔,那太好了。
A: And what about the trip back?
那么回程呢?
B: Well, we could leave there about four in the afternoon.That should get us home about eight.I don’t like driving at night anyway.嗯,我们可以在下午4点左右离开那里。这样我们8点左右就应该到家了。无论如何,我不喜欢晚上开车。
A: How aboutshavingsdinner at my house after we get back?
我们回来以后,在我家吃晚饭如何?
B: That would be wonderful.那太棒了。
A: All right.I’ll ask mother to have dinner ready for us about half past eight.That should give us time to get washed up.好的,我会要妈妈在8点半左右就帮我们把晚餐准备好,那样我们正好有时间梳洗一下。
B: Now that everything is settled.I’m sure we’ll have a great weekend.既然一切都解决了,我确信我们会有一个很棒的周末。
A: Yes, of course.By the way, what time is it now?
当然。哦,对了,现在几点?
B: It’s twenty-five minutes after two.2点25分。
A: I’ve got to go now.I have an appointment at four.我现在要走了,4点有约会。
B: Well, then, I’ll be waiting for you Friday evening.嗯,那么,星期五晚上我等你。精彩脱口秀--时间
茫茫众生无不在抓紧时间,创造生活。珍惜时间就是珍惜生命,因此,要在日积月累的英语学习中,不断提高自己的英语会话水平,牢记“Rome was not built in a day.”(罗马不是一天建成的。)
●I just love to run against the clock.那只是想抢时间。
●Come on, rise and shine!快起来吧!太阳都升起来老高了。
●Do you enjoy sleeping all hours of the day and night ?你喜欢整日整夜地睡吗?
●Turning up at the eleventh hour!真是紧急关头啊!
●Only just beat the clock.刚好赶上时间。
●I exercise day in, day out.我每天都做锻炼。
●I’ll be back in a second.我马上就回来。
●What do you do in your spare time?你业余时间做什么?
●Did I make it in time?我还算及时吗?
●Time is money.时间就是金钱。
●Only time will tell.时间能证明一切。
●Rome was not built in a day.罗马不是一天建成的。
●I don’t want to take up too much of your time.我不想占用您太多的时间。
●No sooner said than done!立即照办!
●I can’t decide just out of hand.我现在还不能决定。
●I have never seen it to date.到目前为止我还没有看过。
●This book is too out?of?date!这本书太过时了!
●And so, without further ado.那么,别的就不说了。
● This time we’re here for good.这次我们会永远住在这里。
UNIT 17 SHOPPING 购物
Reception 接待
1.Do you find anything you like?
你找到你喜欢的吗?
2.What can I do for you?
你要些什么?
3.Can I help you?
我能帮你吗?(需要些什么?)
4.Are you being helped?/Are you being served?
你需要帮忙吗?
5.Is there anybody waiting on you?
有人招呼你吗?
Choosing and buying选择与购买
Choosing 选择
1.I want a pair of shoes/a jacket.我想买一双鞋/一件夹克。
2.I’d like to see some towels.我想看看毛巾。
3.Show me that one, please.请把那个给我看看。
4.Let me have a look at this watch.把这只表让我看看。
5.Would you show me this cup?
你能把这只杯子让我看一下吗?
6.I’m interested in this new type of car.我对这款新车很有兴趣。
7.I’m just looking, thanks.我只是看看,谢谢。
8.I’d like to have a look if you don’t mind.如果不介意,我想看一下。
An attempt 试穿
1.Could you try it on please? How is it?
请试穿看看好吗?如何?
2.I like this one.May I try it on?
我喜欢这一种。我能试穿吗?
Inquiry 询问
1.Do you have any on sale?
你们有什么特卖品吗?
2.Do you carry hundred?percent cotton pants?
你们有百分之百纯棉的裤子吗?
3.Can you get me one?
你们能补货吗?
4.If I orded a suit now, how long could it take before I got delivery?
如果我现在订一件西装,要多久才能接到货?
Size and color 尺寸和颜色
1.The fit isn’t good.尺寸不太合适。
2.It’s too big.太大了。
3.Too small.太小。
4.It seems to fit well.好像蛮合身的。
5.They punch my toes.把我脚趾夹疼了。
6.Can I have a size larger?
可以给我一个大一点儿的吗?
7.How about this blue one?
这个蓝色的怎样?
8.This color is very pupular.这个颜色很流行。
9.This blue color goes well with the light blue dots on the dress.这种蓝色和衣服上的淡蓝色小点很配。
Price 价格
1.How much does it cost?
多少钱?
2.What’s the price for this suit?
这套西装多少钱?
3.How much do I have to pay for it?
我要付多少钱?
4.How much are these ties?
这些领带要多少钱?
5.I’ll give it to you for 5250.5250元美金卖给你。
6.Can you make it cheaper?
你能便宜点吗?
Check 付钱
1.How can I pay?
我要如何付钱?
2.May I write a check for you?
我能开支票吗?
3.Do you take traveler’s checks?
你们接受旅行支票吗?
4.Sorry, we don’t take checks.对不起,我们不接受支票。
5.How about 98 down and 100 a month?
先付头期款98美元,每月再付100美元,如何?
6.I’ll take this.我要这个。
The others 其他
1.Take one’s measurement.为某人量尺寸。
2.I think we’re out of your size.我想你的尺寸(的衣服)已卖光了。
3.Check back next Sunday.你下星期天再来看看。
Dialogue 对话
1.A:Do you want any meat today, Mrs.Bird?
波德太太,你今天要点肉吗?
B:Yes, please.是的。
A:This lamb’s very good.这块羔羊肉很好。
B:I like lamb, but my husband doesn’t.我喜欢羔羊肉,但我丈夫不喜欢。
A:What about some steak? This is a nice piece.来些牛排好吗?这块很好。
B:Give me that piece, please.请给我那一块吧。
And a pound of mince, too.我还要一磅肉糜。
2.A:Can I help you?
您想要买什么?
B:I’d just like to have a look around.我只想随便看看。
A:Are you looking for some apples?
你想要一些苹果吗?
B:I could also buy some apples if they’re nice.如果苹果不错的话,我也可以买一些。
3.A:Do you like this dress, madam?
夫人,你喜欢这种衣服吗?
B:I like the color very much.It’s a lovely dress, but it’s too small for me.我很喜欢这种颜色,这件衣服很好看,但我穿太小了。
A:What about this one? It’s a lovely dress, it’s very smart.Short skirts are in fashion now.Would you like to try it?
这件怎么样?这件很好看,非常时髦。短裙现在很流行。你想穿上试试吗?
B:All right.好的。
4.A: Have you any shoes like these?
你们有这种鞋子吗?
B:What size?
什么尺码?
A:Size five.五号的。
B:What color?
什么颜色?
A:Black.黑色的。
B:I’m sorry.We haven’t any.很抱歉,我们没有。
5.A: How many do you need?
你想买多少?
B:Two Kilograms.两公斤。
6.A: Are these apples on sale?
这些苹果降价卖吗?
B:That’s our rock bottom price.这是我们的最低价了。
7.A: That’s too expensive for us.We can’t afford all that money.对我们来讲,太贵了,我们付不起那么多钱。
B:This model’s less expensive than that one.It’s only twenty-eight pounds.But, of course, it’s not as good as the expensive one.这种型号比那种要便宜些,只要28镑。但是,当然,它不如那台贵的好。
A: I don’t like this model, the other model’s more expensive, but it’s worth the money.我不喜欢这种型号。那种型号贵些,但它值这些钱。
A:Can we buy it on instalments?
我们可以分期付款吗?
B:Of course.You can pay a deposit of ten pounds, and then one pound a week for sixty weeks.当然,你可以先付10英镑定金,然后,每月付1镑,一共付60个星期。
8.A: I think I prefer the blue one if it’s not too much trouble.如果不太麻烦的话,我想要那件蓝色的。
B:Not at all.I’ll get it for you.Here you are.This is our latest design.不麻烦,我去为你取来。给你,这是最新款的。
A:Could I have a try? 我能试试吗? B:Certainly.The fitting room is over there.当然可以,试衣间在那边。
B:It seems to fit you very well.这件衣服很适合你。
A:All right.I think I’ll take it.行,我买了。
9.A: Can you come down a bit? 你可以便宜一点吗? B:That’s almost cost price.这几乎是成本价了。
10.A: Excuse me, I would like a blue shirt please.对不起,我想买件蓝色的衬衫。
B:Yes, with pleasure.Here you are.很愿意为您服务,给您。
11.A:I’m looking for a pair of shoes.我想买双鞋。
B:Yes, sir.I’d be glad to show you some.好的,先生。很高兴拿给你看。
12.A: Do you have anything larger than this one? 你有更大点的吗? B:Yes, we have.Let me show you.有,我拿给你。
13.A: Would you mind if I try this on? 我能试试吗? B:No, not at all.当然可以。
A:Give me a smaller size, please.请给我拿小一点的。
B:With pleasure.I’d be glad to show you some.很荣幸为您服务。
14.A: What can I do for you, Madam? 我能为您做什么,女士? B:I want to buy a suit of clothes.我想买身套装。
15.A: Is there anything I can do for you, Miss? 有什么我能帮忙的吗,小姐? B:I’m just looking.我只是看看。
16.A: I want to buy a camera.我想买架照相机。
B:I’m sorry.It’s out of stock.对不起,脱销了。
A:Are you likely to be getting any more in?
你们还进货吗?
B:Look in again next Sunday.下星期日再来看看吧。
17.A: How much is it?
这个多少钱?
B:Sixty dollars.60美元。
A:How much does it cost?这个值多少钱?
B:It costs one hundred Yuan.100元。
A:What’s the price of this one?
这个值多少钱?
B:It’s priced at only eighty Yuan.只要80元。
A:How much does it come to?
总共多少钱?
B:It comes to two hundred and fourty dollars.总共240美元。
18.A: Can you come down a little?
你能便宜点吗?
B:That’s the best I can do.这是最合理的价格了。
19.A: Half?price computers? How do they do that?
半价计算机?怎么可能呢?
B:I don’t know.Let’s read the fine print.不知道。我们来看看那个小印刷字吧!
Unit 18 Weather 天气 1 Dialogue 比尔下周要到密云去滑雪,现在他最关心的问题莫过于天气了。
A: Good morning,Bill, what’s the weather like?
早上好,比尔,天气如何?
B: Good morning,James.It’s rather cold today.早上好,詹姆斯,今天有点冷。
A: Oh, what’s the weather forecast for today?
哦,今天的天气预报怎么说?
B: It says cloudy in the morning, but it’ll clear up early in the afternoon.天气预报说晨间多雾,不过下午很早就会放晴。
A: Good.Are you all ready for the trip to Miyun next week?
很好。你下周到密云之行准备好了吗?
B: It’s OK, but I wondered whether there would be enough snow for skiing.准备好了。但我真怀疑那里是不是有足够的雪可以滑雪。
A: Don’t worry!The weatherman says we’ll have a cold spell before the end of this week.别担心!天气预报员说,在这个周末之前,会有一阵子的冷天气。
B: Well, I hope so.There’s not much sense going skiing some placeswheresThere’s no snow.嗯,希望如此。到某个不下雪的地方滑雪,没有多大意思。
A: Wouldn’t worry about that.我就不担心这点了。
B: Whew.It certainly was an awful day yesterday.咻,昨天真是可怕的一天。
A: It certainly was!It started snowing about five o’clock yesterday morning, Didn’t it? 的确是!从昨天早晨五点左右就开始下雪,不是吗?
B: Well.Hasn’t the weather been awfully peculiar this year?
嘿。今年天气不是太特殊了吗?
A: I should say so.What are you doing this afternoon? 的确是如此。今天下午打算做什么?
B: If it clears up this afternoon, I will go out and do some shopping.如果下午放晴的话,我想去买点东西。
A: Is there anything particular you want to buy?
还有什么你特别想要买的东西吗?
B: Well.I thought I’d look at some ski boots.嗯,我想看看滑雪靴。
A: Mind if I come along?
你介意我一道去吗?
B: Not at all.一点也不。精彩脱口秀--天气
世界上的一切生灵都与天气分不开。天气是个说不尽、讲不烦的话题,人人擅长此道,尤其是英国人见面时常常喜欢谈论天气。其原因不只是天气的好坏会给人们带来影响,还因为他们不愿意谈论人和事。所以与陌生人开始交谈时,谈论天气是一种既有用又不得罪人的明智方式。
●Isn’t this lovely weather!这天气真好!
●It’s better than yesterday.今天天气比昨天好。
●Let’s hope it’ll last.但愿这种天气会持续下去。
●Nice and bright today, isn’t it?今天阳光明媚,天气宜人,不是吗?
●The weather’s very annoying, isn’t it?天气真恼人,不是吗?
●I don’t like it at all.我一点也不喜欢这种天气。
●It’s rather cool today.今天相当凉。
●It’s drizzling.正在下毛毛雨。
●The rain...I hate the rain.下呀下„„我讨厌这雨天。
●It seems as if there’ll be a thundershower.好像要下一场雷阵雨。
●It seems a glorious day today.今天看来是个大晴天。
●I wonder what it’s like outside.我不知道外面天气怎样。
●I hope it’s sunny.我希望是个晴天。
●It’s a lovely day.今天是个好天气。
●Oh, no, it’s raining again.哦,讨厌,又下雨了。
●Not again!When will it stop?别再下了!要下到何年何月呢?
●What a beautiful day!多好的天气!
●It’ll soon pass over.马上就会过去。
● What does the weather forecast say?天气预报怎么说的?
Unit 19 Applied Conversation 探望生病的朋友Dialogue
蒂娜听说好友卡罗琳发生了意外,立即来到医院看望她。在医院里,蒂娜了解了卡罗琳的事,并告诉了她一些关于查理的事。
A: Hello, Caroline.How are you feeling?
嗨,卡罗琳,你现在觉得怎么样?
B: Much better, Tina.Thanks for coming to see me.好多了,蒂娜,谢谢你来看我。
A: It was such a shock to hear that you were in an accident.How did it happen?
听到你出了意外,真是很大的震惊。是怎么发生的?
B: It all happened so quickly that I really don’t know who was in the wrong.发生得太快了,以致于我真的不知道谁不对。
A: Were you driving the car?
是你开车吗?
B: No, Fred was driving.We were just passing a side street when a boy on a bicycle came out.Fred swung the wheel around to avoid hitting him.We missed the boy on the bicycle but hit another car that was trying to pass us.不,是弗雷德开车,当一个骑脚踏车的男孩出现时,我们正要过一个巷道。弗雷德掉转方向盘避免撞到他。我们闪过了骑脚踏车的男孩,可是撞到了另外一辆想超我们车的车子。
A: Then it wasn’t Fred’s fault at all, was it?
那么,一点都不是弗雷德的错了,不是吗?
B: No, I don’t suppose it was.But the man in the other car was awfully angry.是的,我想一点也不是。不过,另一辆车里的男人非常生气。
A: But he’s as much to blame because he tried to pass you.Was he hurt?
不过,他同样应负责任,因为他想超车,他受伤了吗?
B: No, I was the only one that was hurt.不,我是惟一受伤的人。
A: It’s a shame.Does your arm hurt very much?
真是遗憾,你的手臂很痛吗?
B: Not any more.不再痛了。
A: Did you break it?
你的手臂断了吗?
B: No.The doctor says the bone isn’t broken.I think it should be all right in a few days.没有,医生说骨头没断。我想两三天后应该会好。
A: You were lucky, weren’t you?
你很幸运,不是吗?
B: I should say so.I was wearing a heavy coat.I think that saved me fromshavingsa broken arm.我应该这么说。我穿着一件很厚重的大衣。我想这救了我,使我免于断一双手臂。
A: Well, take care of yourself.I’ll drop in again later this afternoon.嗯,请保重自己。稍后今天下午,我会再来看你。
B: Thanks, Tina.And say hello to the others for me.谢谢你,蒂娜,替我向其他人问候。
A: Yes, I will.Oh, I almost forgot to tell you.Charles left Beijing this morning for a trip and he asked me to give you his best.是的,我会的。哦,我几乎忘了告诉你。查理今天早上离开北京去度假了,他要我代他向你问候。
B: Thanks.But what made him think of making a trip now? I know he?s broke.谢谢,不过,他怎么会想现在去旅行呢?我知道他破产了。
A: I don’t know the reason.Probably nobody knows except Charles himself.Anyway he says he’ll be back early next month.我不知道原因。也许除了查理本人之外,没有人知道。无论如何,他说下个月初,他会回来。
B: I’ll be looking forward to his return.He owes me some money.我盼望他回来。他欠我一些钱。
A: Well, I think I’d better be leaving now.Goodbye, Caroline.嗯,我想我最好是现在就离开。卡罗琳,再见。
B: Goodbye, Tina.Thanks again for coming to see me.再见,蒂娜,再次谢谢你来看我。
精彩脱口秀--探望生病的朋友
人吃五谷杂粮,岂有不生病之理。因此,人生在世,就免不了患个伤风感冒或有个小磕小碰的,朋友之间免不了要询问一下对方,以示关心。看望病人,主要就是安慰病人,安慰的技巧是在人与人之间互相交往、互相关心中逐步获得的。它不仅可以平复病人的心灵创伤,还可以增加人与人之间的感情。
●How’s it going.感觉如何。
●Not so good, my head is going round.不怎么好,头还是晕晕的。
●She’s still pretty sick.她病得不轻。
●I really fell terrible.我的确觉得极其难受。
●My whole body feels weak.我觉得浑身虚弱无力。
●I have a splitting headache.我头痛得像要裂开了。
●No trouble at all.Just hope you get well quick.没有什么问题,希望你早日康复。
●You look like a wreck!你看起来脸色不好!
●He’s turned the corner.他已经渡过危险期了。
●Good to see he’s out and about again!看到他活蹦乱跳的样子真是高兴!
●It’s this cold!I just can’t seem to shake it off!是这可恶的感冒,我看起来好不了了!
●Not so bad-alive and well!还行吧--健健康康的!
●I feel dizzy.我觉得头晕。
●Is there a good doctor around here?这附近有好医生吗?
●My nose is raw from blowing it so much.我因擤鼻涕而鼻子直发痛。
●Hm, hm?hm.Something’s wrong with my throat.哼,哼,我喉咙有些不对。
●Vh-oh, I feel a little feverish.I’ll take my temperature.哦,我感觉有点发烧。来量个体温看看。
●My stomach is empty but I have no appetite.我胃空空的,却没有食欲。
● Oh, dear!I’ve been forgetting to take my medicine.哦,糟了,我忘记吃药了。
第四篇:英语学习_日常英语对话_必备
弃我去者,昨日之日不可留
乱我心者,今日之日多烦忧
一、Greetings 问候语
1.Hello!/ Hi!你好!
2.Good morning / afternoon / evening!早晨(下午/晚上)好!
3.I'm Kathy King.我是凯西?金。
4.Are you Peter Smith? 你是彼得?史密斯吗?
5.Yes, I am./ No, I'm not.是,我是。/ 不,我不是。
6.How are you? 你好吗?
7.Fine, thanks.And you? 很好,谢谢,你呢?
8.I'm fine, too.我也很好。
9.How is Amy / your wife / your husband? 爱米好吗?你妻子好吗?你丈夫好吗?
10.She is very well, thank you.她很好,谢谢。
11.Good night, Jane.晚安,简。
12.Good-bye, Mike.再见,迈克。
13.See you tomorrow.明天见。
14.See you later.待会儿见。
15.I have to go now.我必须走了。
二、Identifying Objects 辨别物品
31.What's this? 这是什么?
32.It's a pen.是支笔。
33.Is this your handbag? 这是你的手提包吗?
34.No, it isn't./ Yes, it is.不,它不是。/是的,它是。
35.Whose pen is this? 这是谁的笔?
36.It's Kate's.是凯特的。
37.Is that a car? 那是一辆小汽车吗?
38.No, it isn't.It's a bus.不,那是一辆公共汽车。
39.What do you call this in English? 这个用英语怎么说?
40.What is the color of your new book? 你的新书是什么颜色的?
41.How big is your house? 你的房子有多大?
42.How long is the street? 这条街有多长?
43.What's the name of the cat? 这猫叫什么名字?
44.Where's the company? 那个公司在哪儿?
45.Which is the right size? 哪个尺码是对的?
三、Identifying People 辨别身份
61.Who are you? 你是谁?
62.I'm Jim.我是吉姆。
63.Who is the guy over there? 那边那个人是谁?
64.He's Bob.他是鲍勃。
65.Is that girl a student? 那个女孩是学生吗?
66.No, she isn't.不,她不是。
67.What do you do? 你是做什么的?
68.I'm a farmer.我是个农民。
69.What does he do? 他是干什么的?
70.He's a manager.他是个经理。
71.She must be a model, isn't? 她一定是个模特,不是吗?
72.I really don't known.我真不知道。
73.I have no idea about it.我一点都不知道。
74.Can she be a driver? 她可能是个司机吗?
75.Yes, I think so.是的,我认为是。
四、About Introduction 关于介绍
76.What's your name? 你叫什么名字?
77.May I have your name? 能告诉我你的名字吗?
78.My name is Thomas.我叫汤姆斯。
79.Just call me Tom.就叫我汤姆吧。
80.What's your family name? 你姓什么?
81.My family name is Ayneswonth.我姓安尼思华斯。
82.How do you spell it? 怎么拼?
83.Who is the lady in white? 穿白衣服的那位小姐是谁?
84.Could you introduce me to her? 你能把我介绍给她吗?
85.Rose, let me introduce my friend to you.罗斯,让我介绍一下我的朋友。
86.This is Tom.He's my classmate.这是汤姆。我的同学。
87.Nice to meet you.很高兴认识你。
88.Nice to meet you, too.认识你我也很高兴。
89.Let me introduce myself.让我自我介绍一下。
90.How do you do? 你好!
五、About Language 关于语言
166.Do you speak English? 你会说英语吗?
167.Yes, a little.会讲一点。
168.How long have you studied English? 你学英语多久了?
169.He speaks English fluently.他讲英语很流利。
170.Your English is very good.你的英语很好。
171.You speak English pretty well.你的英语讲的很好。
172.Are you a native speaker of English? 你的母语是英语吗?173.My native language is Chinese.我的母语是汉语。
174.He speaks with London accent.他带点伦敦口音。
175.He has a strong accent.他口音很重。
176.I have some difficulty in expressing myself.我表达起来有点困难。177.I'm always confused with “s” and “th”.我常把s和th搞混。178.Can you write in English? 你能用英文写文章吗?
179.Your pronunciation is excellent.你的发音很好。
180.How can I improve my spoken English? 我该怎样才能提高口语水平?
六、Talking About Activities 谈论活动
181.What are you doing? 你在干什么?
182.I'm reading a book.我在看书。
183.I'm cooking.我在做饭。
184.Are you watching TV now? 你在看电视吗?
185.Yes, I'm watching Channel 5.是的,我在看5频道。
186.No, I'm listening to the radio.没有,我在听收音机。
187.Where are you going? 你去哪儿?
188.I'm going to work.我去上班。
189.Who are you writing to? 你在给谁写信?
190.I'm writing to an old friend.给一个老朋友。
191.What will you do this weekend? 这周末你将干什么?192.I'll go to a concert.我要去听音乐会。
193.I'll go on an outing with some friends.我与朋友去郊游。194.Do you like traveling? 你喜欢郊游吗?
195.Yes, I like it a great deal/it very much.是的,我很喜欢。
第五篇:英语日常对话(电影)
ADo you have any hobbies ?
BMy hobby is very wide, reading ,swimming ,walking and so on.ButI like
watching movies most.AI also like watching movies, I like to watch most of the filmisa TV
drama.What about you ?
BSo do i.AWhich movie do you like best ?
BTitanic.AOh.The film is too classic.Do you still remember the film classic lines?
BOf course.If I am Jack in the movie, you are Rose.AOK.Let's say a few words of classic dialogue.I say first.AROSE :I'm so cold.I can't feel my body.BJACK: Rose, listen to me.Listen.It brought me to you.And I'mthankful, Rose.I'm thankful.BJACK: You must do me this honor...promise me you will survive...that you
will never give up...no matter what happens...no matter how hopeless...promise
me now, and never let go of that promise.AROSE:I promise.BJACK:Never let go.AROSE:I promise.I will never let go, Jack.I'll never let go.BOh.I'm going to cry, this film is really very romantic.AYes.Do you want to revisit the movie ?
BThat's great.Let's go.