第一篇:商务英语口语教学方法改革范文
《商务英语口语》教学方法改革
胡玄
《商务英语口语》课程是一门实用性很强的课程。作为口语课,其理论性相对较弱,所以在课程的具体开展过程中,应当以学生练习为主,教师指导为辅。教学方法的改革,主要是针对传统教学模式而已。商务英语口语教学不同于以老师为中心的传统教学模式,而是把重心放在引导学生开口讲英语、规范口语表达和提高口语水平上。
因此,本门课程的教学以课本为依托,采用多媒体教学手段、网络教学手段和仿真模拟教学手段开展。多媒体教学手段依托于多媒体教室,为教学提供视频、音频、投影和多媒体教学软件等等。教师可以充分发挥多媒体技术的优势.上课时使用与教材配套和自主开发的多媒体教学课件,使课堂更加声形并茂。仿真模拟教学为学生提供各种仿真模拟情境,包括会议、谈判、面试、外事接待等情境。在仿真的情境下让学生学习演练商务英语口语各个主题的内容。
具体的教学方法包括1.讲授法。针对生词的读音、词义及相关话题的表达方式,在课堂上向学生进行细致的讲解。2.模拟法。在视频观看部分,要求学生跟读对话录音,进行对话练习。3.复述法。在观看完视频情境对话后,给学生设置相关的情境练习对话,并向学生提供话题的关键词或表达方式,要求学生将其串联成一个完整的对话。4.情境教学法。创设情境对话,分组练习,强化训练,进行角色表演。5.交际教学法。在课堂上,通过课堂提问、对话的检查,与学生进行的交流的教学过程;同时学生与学生之间的分组对话练习,角色表演都属于交际教学法的具体体现。6.测验法。对学生进行测试定期的英语听力测试和口语测试,将课堂的表现和平时成绩计入期末考核成绩中,调动了学生的学习积极性,规范了教学活动的开展。
本门课程的改革重点是大力推进情境教学法。教师通过课前资料的收集,场景的布置,将课堂变成不同的商务情境。通过教师的引导,激发学生的表达热情。在特定的商务情境下通过对话、演讲、辩论、表演等不同形式,让学生熟悉不同的商务情境,并提高学生的英语口语水平。
第二篇:常用商务英语口语
文章来源:百度文库
标题: 常用商务英语口语的学习要点是什么
关键词: 常用商务英语口语
导读: 常用商务英语口语是许多的朋友一直想要了解到的一类内容,为了更好的学好这些内容,我们就要从下面的文章中进行更多的认识,请看下文中对于常用商务英语口语的学习要点有哪些解读。
常用商务英语口语的学习要点是什么呢?一般在在一定的语言环境和不断学习的过程中才会得到了口语的提升。特别是在下面的文章内容中也有着这方面的详细描述,相信我们在看过了之后,就一定可以让自己的成绩得到了极大保障。
给自己创造一个全方位的英语环境
对你的常用商务英语口语最有帮助的事情之一,就是尝试着让你自己浸泡在英语环境当中。你可以给自己制定一套计划,比如 “24-hour English”,为自己挑选一个日子,每周的某一天,全天进入英文模式,避免说中文,尽量用英语来表达自己的意思。不仅嘴上说英文,还要用英语思考,比如清晨在脑海里用英语对自己说一遍一天的计划。如果能做到全身心进入英文模式并加以坚持,那就是给自己营造了一个好的英文环境。英语口语:是一场持久战
建议每位学员应该每个礼拜给自己制定一个明确的学习计划,规定自己一个礼拜之内应该保持多长的学习时间。为了保证学习的效果只有严格按照学习计划推进,以免竹篮打水一场空。
常用商务英语口语的学习要点是什么呢?一般主要就是上面所表述的那样,如果大家可以很好的明确了这些,相信日后的学习过程也会变得充满了乐趣。当大家明确了这些学习的方法后,就一定能够可以让口语的能力得到了极大的保障。
第三篇:最新商务英语口语集锦(范文)
最新商务交际英语口语集锦
I ve heard so much about you.好久不见了!
Long time no see.辛苦了!
You ve had a long day.Youve had a long flight.尊敬的朋友们!
Distinguished/Honorable/Respected friends 阁下(多用于称呼大使)Your Excellency
我代表北京市政府欢迎各位朋友访问北京。
On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, I wish to extend our warm welcome to the friends who have come to visit Beijing.对您的大力协助,我谨代表北京市政府表示衷心的感谢。
On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, i wish to express our heartfelt thanks to you for your gracious assistance.在北京过得怎么样?
How are you making out in Beijing? 我一定向他转达您的问候和邀请。
Ill surely remember you and your invitation to him.欢迎美商来北京投资。
American businessmen are welcome to make investment in Beijing.欢迎多提宝贵意见。
Your valuable advice is most welcome.不虚此行!
Its a rewarding trip!
您的日程很紧,我们的会见是否就到此为止。
As you have a tight schedule, I will not take up more of your time.请代我问候王先生。
Please remember me to Mr.Wang.感谢光临!
Thank you so much for coming.欢迎再来!
Hope youll come again.欢迎以后多来北京!
Hope youll visit Beijing more often.请留步,不用送了!
I will see myself out, please.多保重!
Take care!
祝您一路平安!
Have a nice trip!愿为您效劳!
At your service!为…举行宴会/宴请
Host a dinner/banquet/luncheon in honor of … 欢迎宴会
Welcome dinner 便宴
Informal dinner
午宴(附有情况介绍或专题演讲等内容)
Luncheon 便餐
Light meal 工作午餐
Working luncheon 自助餐
Buffet dinner/luncheon 答谢宴会
Return dinner 告别宴会
Farewell dinner 庆功宴
Glee feast 招待会
Reception
庆祝中华人民共和国成立四十五周年招待会
Reception Celebrating the 45th Anniversary of the Founding of the Peoples Republic of China 鸡尾酒会
Cocktail party 茶话会
Tea party 包餐/点餐
Table dhote/a la carte 上菜
Serve a courst 您的位置在这里。
Here is your seat.请入席!
欢聚一堂
Enjoy this happy get-together
请随便!
Please yourself at home./Please enjoy yourself.请各位随意用餐。
Help yourself please.您喝点什么?
What would you like to drink?
现在我提议,为了…和…之间的合作,为了…参议员的健康,干杯!
At this point, I propose a toast: to the cooperation between … And … , to the health of Senator…, cheers!
最后,我借主人的酒,提议为…干杯!
Lastly, taking up this glass of fine wine, I propose a toast to … 请各位举杯并同我一起为所有在座的朋友们的健康干杯!
Id ask you to raise your glass and join me in a toast ot the health of all our friends present here.敬您一杯!
Heres to you!祝你健康!
To your health!我要为此干杯!
Ill drink to that!随量!
Whatever you like!我失陪一会儿!
Excuse me for a minute.菜不好,请多多包涵!
Hope you enjoy yourself.女士们先生们,欢迎各位光临,演出很快就要开始了,请尽快就坐。
Ladies and gentlemen, good evening.The concert/show would start soon.Please get yourself seated.Thank you.招待会现在开始。
The reception will now begin.全体起立,奏国歌!
All rise please.For the P.R.C.National Anthem!出席今天招待会的贵宾有…
The distinguished guests paarticipating the reception are … 现在请…讲话
I have the honour to call upon … 开幕式现在结束。
This concludes the opening ceremony.隆重庆祝
Grand celebration 庆祝成立…一周年
Celebrating the 1st Anniversary of the Establishment of … 热烈祝贺第一届…锦标赛
Hail the first FIFA of …
值此节日之际致以节日的祝贺!
On the occasion of the season, I would like to extend seasons greetings.祝您工作顺利、事业成功、身体健康、家庭幸福!
Wish you the very best of luck in your job, every successin your future endeavours, good health and a happy family!衷心祝贺您当选…
Hearty congratulations on your recent ecletion as … 举行会议/研讨会/大会/座谈会/学术报告会
Hold a meeting/seminar/conference/forum/symposium 赞助人/主办人/承办人/协办人
Patron/sponsor/organizer/co-organizer 举行谈判
Enter into negotiation 交涉
Make representations with sb.On sth./deal with sb.事物性会谈
Talks at working level 对口会谈
Counterpart talks 议程项目
Items on the agenda 主题
Theme 议题
Topic for discussion 双方商定的议程
Schedule mutually agreed upon 开幕会议
Opening session 全体会议
Plenary session 开场白
Introduction 情况介绍
Presentation 小组讨论
Panel discussion 同有关单位磋商
Hold consultations with the organizations concerned 一轮会谈
One round of talks 决议
Resolution 谅解备忘录
Memorandum of understanding 现在开会。
I declare the meeting open.请…发言。
I invite the representative of …To take the floor.下面我给各位简要介绍一下北京的经济情况
Now I would like to give you a brief overview of Beijings economy.我的介绍完了,谢谢!
Thats all for my presentation.thank you.我先说这么多。
So much for my remarks for now.我要说的就是这些。
Thats all for what I want to say.您看是先谈原则问题呢,还是先谈具体问题?
I wonder if you would like to start with matters of principle or specific issues? 让我先谈一个问题。
If you agree(With your permission), let me start with one issue 在谈那个问题之前我想对您刚才讲的话谈点看法。
Before we trun to that issue, I wish to make a few comments/remarks on your presentation.您对此事怎么看呢?
I wish to benefit from your views on this matter./ What is your view on this matter?/ How do you see this matter? 我提议休会十分钟。
I propose a ten-minute break.我想接着刚才的问题讲下去。
I will pick up where we left off just now.对不起,我插一句。
Sorry for the interruption but 当然可以!
By all means.怎么都行!
Whatever you say.我没有异议。
I have no objection.我方对这个问题有异议。
We take exception to this question.我们高兴地看到…
We note with pleasure that … 这个日期贵方觉得合适吗?
I wonder if this date wuld be suitable for you? 不知你们上午谈的怎样?
I wonder how the meeting went this morning? 我方很希望贵方能尽早给予肯定的答复。
We would greatlyl appreciate it if you could give us your favourable and prompt commitment as soonas possible.请你们务必在8月1日前提出意向书。
You are kindly requested to submit the letter of intent on the date no later than 1st August.纠缠这个问题。
Entangle this issue.提倡节约
Advocate/uphold thriftiness 为了国家的繁荣
For the sake of national property
经受了时间考验的友谊给我留下了很深的印象。
The time-tested friendship leave me a deep impression.密切注视
Keep close watch on 促进密切合作
Spur/promote intensive cooperation
第四篇:商务英语口语
商务英语口语
Unit 1 Making New Contact
初次接触
1.1 At Customs 在海关
Mr.Smith has just arrived at Beijing International Airport.He has retrieved his luggage from the carousel and is now proceeding to the customs desk.A: Customs official
B: Mr.Smith A:Good morning, sir.Please may I have your passport and immigration card? B: Of course, here you are.A: What is the purpose of your visit to China—business or pleasure? B: I’m here on business.I’m a project for an international engineering company.A: I see you have a category Z visa.May I kindly remind you that you must register with your local Public Security Bureau within 30 days of arrival? B: Really? Why do I need to do that? A:Foreigners on long-term visas need to obtain a residence permit.It’s quite a simple procedure, but perhaps the best way is to ask one of your Chinese colleagues to help you.B: OK.I’ll do it as soon as possible.I’m going to visit various cities during
my stay.Do I need to register at each one? A: No, that’s not necessary.Well, you documents are all in order.I wish you a pleasant and successful stay in China.B: Thank you very much.Goodbye.A: Goodbye.1.2 Meeting Foreign Guests at the Airport 在机场迎接客人
Mr.Smith has now entered the arrivals hall, where his Chinese colleague, Mr.Liu, is waiting for him.A: Mr.Liu
B: Mr.Smith A: Excuse me!Are you Mr.Smith? B: Yes, I am.A: Good morning, Mr.Smith.I’m Mr.Liu from Capital Engineering.B: Nice to meet you.A: Nice to meet you, too.Did you have a pleasant flight? B: Yes, I did.No problems at all.A: Good.Let me take your luggage for you.It looks heavy.B: That’s all right.I can manage.A: Ok, if you are sure.Come this way, please.B: So, where are we going now? A: A company car is waiting for us outside.It will take us to the hotel.B: Great.1.3 On the Way to the Hotel
在去宾馆的路上A Mr.Smith and Mr.Liu are in the car travelling to the hotel.A: Mr.Liu
B: Mr.Smith A: So, Mr.Smith, is this your first visit to China? B: Yes, it is.A: I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here.B: Thank you, I’m sure I will.I really enjoy visiting other countries.A: Well, I think you will like Beijing.There is so much to see and do here.If you have some free time, I’d be glad to show you around.B: That’s very kind of you.Perhaps you could give me your phone number? A: Of course, here is my business card.Call me any time you like.B: Thanks.So, can you tell me about the schedule for today? A: After we arrive at the hotel, you will have the day to rest.In the evening, the department leader would like to invite you to dinner.B: That sounds nice.What time will that be? A: About 5.30.You can meet us in the lobby of your hotel.B: Fine.A: Do you have any other questions? B: Ah, yes.What’s the dress code for the dinner? A: Formal.You should wear a jacket and tie.B: Ok, no problem.Unit 2
At the Hotel
在旅馆 2.1 Checking in 办理手续 A:Hotel Clerk
B: Mrs.Perez A: Good morning, madam.How may I help you? B: Good morning!Do you have any rooms available at the moment? A: Yes, we do.What kind of room would you like? B: I’d like a suite for three nights.A: Please wait a moment while I check availability.Ah, I’m sorry, madam.We only have twin room available at this time.B: That's all right.How much do they cost? A: Each night cost 630RMB, but for a three-night stay, we can offer a discount of 20%.B: How much in total? A: 1518RMB.B: Is breakfast included in the price? A: Yes, it is.You also have free use of the leisure facilities here.B: That’s fine.I’ll take it.A: OK.Please fill out this form with your details.B: I would like to pay by cash.Do I need to pay a deposit? A: Yes, you do.There is 500RMB deposit, which we will refund when you check out.So, in total, you need to pay 2018RMB.B: Fine.Here you are.A: Thank you.Here’s your key and receipt.Your room number is 807.A porter will take your luggage to your room.The elevator is just around the corner.B: Thank you very much.A: My pleasure, madam.I wish you a pleasant stay.Goodbye!B: Goodbye!2.2 In the Room
在房间 A: Mr.Goldman
B: The maid A: Excuse me.Do you speak English? B: Yes, I do.How can I help you? A: Well, I’ve just arrived in my room, but there are no instructions in English about the facilities available!Do you mind helping me for a moment? B: Of course not.What exactly would you like to know? A: Firstly, what is the number for room service? B: It’s 2300.Room service is available 24hours a day.A: Very good.Now, could you help me to adjust the air conditioning please? It’s too hot in my room.B: Yes, the control unit is on the wall next to the bathroom.It’s 22℃ all right? A: Yes, that’s perfect.Another thing, if I need more items for the mini-bar,which number should I call? B: You should call the Housekeeping Department on 2500.They will replace any stock for you immediately.A: I see.So, is it possible to make international phone calls from my room? B: That’s no problem, sir.Just dail 9 to get an outside line, then dail the number as usual.A: Well, thank you very much for your help.B: No problem, sir.If there’s anything else you need, you can find me at the desk by the elevator, or you can call housekeeping if I’m not there.A: Ok, goodbye.B: Goodbye, sir.2.3 Looking around the Hotel 参观宾馆
Mr.Zhao works for a Chinese company that organizes conferences.He is visiting a hotel to inspect the facilities in order to decide if it suitable for a conference.A: The manager
B: Mr.Zhao A: Good morning, Mr.Zhao.B:Good morning.A: If you are ready, we’ll start the tour of the hotel now.B: OK.A: First, let’s start the business center.Come this way, please let me tell you about the facilities that are available here.There are ten private offices that can be rented by our guests.Each office has a computer with broadband Internet connection, a telephone and a fax machine.B: Very good.Now, can you provide secretarial services as well? A: Yes, a bilingual secretary is available during business hours.We also can arrange for translator or interpreters within 24 hours.B: OK.What about the meeting rooms? A: We have meeting rooms that are suitable for up to 25 people.If you clients require larger rooms, those are available in the conference center.B: Good.Let’s have a look at the conference center now.A: Right, let’s take the elevator to the second floor.The conference center contains of a lecture with a capacity of 250 people.It is equipped with a projector for presentations, tighter with a professional sound and light system.Each seat has headphones, which can be used for simultaneous translation.B: Excellent.Is there a place for refreshments? A: Yes, there is.There is the Grand Hall, which can be used for buffets or banquets, depending on your needs.B: Perfect.Could you also tell me about the other facilities available in the hotel?
A: Well, there is a mall on the third floor which sells local and international goods.In the basement there are extensive recreation facilities, including a swimming pool, fitness center and squash courts.As for the entertainment, there are several restaurants, a disco and karaoke rooms.B:I think that I know everything I want indeed.Thank you very much for your help.A: Ii’s my pleasure.I hope you to return in the future.Goodbye, Mr.Zhao.B: Goodbye.UNIT3
Dining at a Restaurant 3.1 Inviting the Guest
邀请客人
Mr.Jin wants to invite Miss Spencer to dinner, so he telephones her.(A:Miss Spencer
B: Mr.Jin)A: Hello? B: Hello, is that Miss Spencer? A: Yes.B: This is Mr.Jin.How are you? A: Not too bad, thanks.And you? B: Fine.Listen.Are you free on Friday night? I’d like to invite you to
dinner.A: I’m terribly sorry, but I’ve already made arrangement for Friday.B: That’s a pity.How about Saturday? A: That would be fine.B: Great.What time would you like to meet? A: Whenever is suitable for you.I have no plans for that day.B: OK, let’s say 5 pm.A: And where would you like to meet? B: I can pick you up at the hotel lobby.Also, what type of food do you like? A: I’m not very familiar with Chinese cuisine.What can you recommend? B: Well, have you heard of Peking Duck? It’s a local speciality.A: Of course!Peking Duck is world-famous.i would love to try it.B: OK, let’s have that then.A: All right.Well, I’ll see you later.B: See you later, goodbye.A: Bye.3.3 At the Table 在餐桌上
Mr.Zhu and Mr.Adams are colleagues who are meeting to have an informal lunch.(A: Mr.Zhu
B: Mr.Adams)
A: Ah, Mr.Adams, good to see you again.B: Good to see you, too.A: Please take a seat.B: Thank you.A: Are you hungry.B: A little bit.So, What are we going to eat? A: You’re the guest, so you can have anything you like.Here’s the menu.B: That’s very kind of you, but I can’t read Chinese, so you’ll have to help me.A: OK then.Are there any types of food you really don’t like? B: Well, I’m allergic to seafood, so that’s definitely out.And I’m not too keen on hot peppers or garlic.A: Right, and which kinds of meat do you like? B: Anything is OK, just nothing too exotic.A: So, no chicken feet or silkworms for you!B: Ha!No, I’d rather not, thank you very much!A: OK, how about we have a beef and tomato stew to start.B: That sounds fine.A: Let me see…..What else is there? Have you tried a Chinese salad before? B: I don’t think so.What’s it like? A: Well, it’s a cold dish with lots of thin strips of dried tofu, Chinese
vermicelli, bean sprouts and pork with a vinegar dressing.B: It sounds interesting.Let’s have some.A: Good.And why don’t we have some crispy fried pork as well? B: That’s a good idea.A: That should be enough then.Waitress!We’re ready to order now.
第五篇:商务英语口语
商务英语口语
Conversation 1 meeting the guest A: Excuse me, are you Mrs.Green from England? 请问,您来自英格兰的格林小姐吗? B: Yes, I am.是的。
A: I'm pleased to meet you, Mrs.Green.My name is Myra.I work in Beijing Institute of Technology.I came here to meet you.很高兴见到你,格林小姐,我叫Myra,在北京理工大学工作。我是来接你的。B: How do you do? 你好!A: How do you do? 你好!
B: It's kind of you to meet me at the airport.你能来机场接我真是太好了。A: Welcome to Beijing.Is this your first time in China?
欢迎来北京,这是你第一次来中国吗?
B: No, I have visited China several times, but it's my first visit to Beijing and I think it's a great honor to be invited to your beautiful city.不是,我来中国已经很多次了,但这是我第一次来北京。我很荣幸应邀参观北京这做漂亮的城市。
A: It's our pleasure to have you here.I hope you will have a pleasant stay here.也是我们的荣幸。祝您在北京玩的愉快。
B: Thank you.I'm sure I will have a wonderful time here.谢谢,我确信我会在这里玩的很开心。
Conversation 2 Introducing Each other A: Excuse me, but aren't you Mr.Johnson from America?
对不起,您是从美国来的约翰逊先生吗?
B: Yes, I'm Paul Johnson from Boston.是的,我是保罗约翰逊,来自波斯顿。A: I'm Wu Li from International Travel Agency, Beijing Branch.May I introduce you to our manager, Mr.Zhang? He has come to meet you.Mr.Zhang, this is Mr.Johnson.And Mr.Johnson, this is Mr.Zhang.我是吴丽,来自国际旅行社北京分社。我可以把您介绍给我们经理张先生吗?他今天特意来接您。张先生,这是约翰逊先生。约翰逊先生,这是张先生。B: How do you do, Mr.Zhang? I'm pleased to meet you.你好!张先生,很高兴见到你。
C: How do you do? I'm very glad to meet you too.Have you ever been to Beijing before? 您好!我也很高兴见到您。您以前来过北京吗? B: No.This is my first trip here.没有,这是我第一次来北京。C: Welcome to Beijing.欢迎您来北京。
B: Thank you.I’m very glad to have this opportunity to visit China.谢谢。我很高兴有机会来中国访问。
Conversation 3
Inviting The Client A: Good afternoon,Mr.Stein.I wonder if you are free tomorrow evening?
下午好,斯坦先生。你明晚有空吗?
商务英语口语
B: I'm not sure, but let me check my schedule...Ah, no.I have nothing then.我不确定,让我查下安排表……哦,是的,我明晚没有安排。
A: Great!Our president has asked me to come over to invite you to the banquet held in your honor at the Beijing Hotel at 7:00.Here's an invitation card for you.太好了!我们董事长要我来请你参加晚上7点在北京饭店为你举办的宴会。这是给你的请柬。
B: How nice of him!I'll be delighted to go.But what time would be convenient?
他太客气了!我很高兴参加。什么时候方便呢?
A: I'll be here to pick you up at 6:30.6点30分我到这里来接你。B: That's good.It’s most thoughtful of you to do this, Miss Wood.好的。伍德小姐,您想得可真周到。
A: It's my pleasure.Well, then ,see you tomorrow.乐意为你效劳。那好,明天晚上见。
Conversation 4 Having A Dinner A: Welcome, Mr.Sun.孙先生,欢迎欢迎。
B: Thank you for your entertaining me.谢谢您的款待。
A: Today I'll invite you to enjoy the seafood.Please make yourself at home.今天我请你吃海鲜,请不必客气。随便吃吧。
B: Excuse me, what business are you looking after in Germany?
请问,马克先生在德国做什么生意?
A: I am running Chinese arts and crafts.我经营中国工艺品。B: What arts and crafts are you interested in this time?
这次来,您对什么工艺品感兴趣呢?
A: I hope to import some silk from Hangzhou to Germany.Can you help me?
想把杭州丝绸进口到德国。你能否提供些帮助?
B: Sure, I'll certainly help to do it.好的。我会尽力协助您的。
Conversation 5 Visiting a Factory
A: Welcome to our factory.欢迎光临我们工厂。
B: I've been looking forward to visiting your factory.我一直都盼望着参观贵厂。A: Actually, you'll know our products better after the visit.I'll show you around and explain the operations as we go along.事实上,参观后您会对我们的产品有更深刻的了解。我将带您参观,同时解释如何操作。
B: That will ll be most helpful.那将会大有帮助的。
A: Maybe we could start with the Design Department.And then we could look at the production line.也许我们应该先参观一下设计部门,然后再去看看生产线。B: How much do you spend on design development every year.你们每年在设计开发方面花费多少?
A: About 10% of the gross sales.大约占总销售额的10%。B: That's fine.很好。
商务英语口语
Conversation 6 Our Patented Design
A: Can you tell me more about your products?
你能给我讲一下你们产品的详细情况吗? B: Yes, I'd be happy to.Let me tell you this,we are ahead of the competition because our products have advanced technology.没问题,我很荣幸.我先告诉你这样一个事实,由于我们产品采用了先进的技术,现在我们在竞争中遥遥领先.A: What kind of advanced technology are you talking about ?
你指的是什么先进技术? B: The technology is in the design.I will show you how these hinge device works...this is our patented design.You won't be able to find anything like it anywhere else.We are the only manufacturer of this unique technology.设计方面的技术.我来展示下这个铰链是如何工作的…这是我们申请了专利的设计图.你在其它任何地方也找不到类似的东西.我们独家生产这种技术产品.A:You have a patent on this design? 这个设计图你们已经申请专利了? B: That's right.This device is the result of years of research by our team of designers.We are the only manufacturer because we came up with the idea.We own the design prints and unique mechanism.It's all our idea.没错.这个装置是我们设计组多年研究的结果.因为是我们想出的这个设计,所以我们独家生产.我们拥有设计图和独特的机械装置.这全是我们自己想出来的.A: Is it truly superior to other products on the market now? 这种产品真的比目前市场上其它产品好吗? B: If it wasn't as good as I have said it is, would we have registered it for a patent? But you don't have to take my word for it , give it a try yourself!如果这个产品不像我所说的那样好,那我们还用申请专利吗?但是你不一定要非相信我的话,自己试试就知道了!
Conversation 7
Inquiry
A: I’m glad to have the opportunity of visiting your corporation.I hope to conclude some substantial business with you.我很高兴有这个机会参观你们公司。我希望能与您谈下大笔生意。
B: It’s a great pleasure to meet you, Mr.Brown.I believe you have seen our exhibits in the showroom.May I know what particular items you’re interested in? 很高兴见到您,布朗先生。我想您已经看过我们展示厅里的产品了。可否知道您具体对哪些商品感兴趣?
A: I’m interested in your hardware.I’ve seen the exhibits and studied your catalogues.I think some of the items will find a ready market in Canada.Here is a list of my requirements, for which I’d like to have your lowest quotations, C.I.F.Vancouver.我对你们的五金产品感兴趣。我已看过你们的展示品并仔细看过你 们的目录册。我想其中的一些产品很快就能在加拿大畅销。这是我 所列的需求单,请给予最优惠的报价,温哥华到岸价。
B: Thank you for your inquiry.Would you tell us the quantity you require so that we
商务英语口语
can work out the offers? 感谢您的询价。您能告诉我们您需要的数量以便我们报价吗? A: I’ll do that.Meanwhile, could you give me an indication of price?
我会的,同时你能给我一个估计价格吗?
B: Here are our F.O.B.price lists.All the prices in the lists are subject to our confirmation.这是我们的离岸价单,里面所有的价格都以我方确认为准。
A: What about the commission? From European suppliers, I usually get a 3 to 5 percent commission for my imports.It’s the general practice.佣金呢?从欧洲供销商那里,我通常可以得到进口产品3-5%的佣金。这是惯例。
B: As a rule, we don’t allow any commission.But if the order is a substantial one, we’ll consider it.一般来说,我们不允许任何佣金。但是如果订单数量可观,我们会考虑的。A: You see, but I do business on a commission basis.A commission on your prices would make it easier for me to promote sales.Even two or three percent would help.但我是在佣金的基础上做生意的。你们在价格上提供佣金将使我推销产品更加容易一些。即使2%或3%也是可以的。
B: That’s something we can discuss later.这个问题我们可以以后再讨论。
Conversation 8 C.I.F Price
A: When can I have your firm C.I.F.prices, that is to say, the final offer, Mr.London?
伦敦先生,什么时候能给我你们公司确认的到岸价格,那就是最后的报价? B: We’ll have them worked out by this evening and let you have them tomorrow morning.Would you be free to come by then?
我们将在今晚制定出来,明天早上让你拿到。到时你有时间过来吗? A: Yes.I’ll be here tomorrow morning at 10.可以,明天早上10点我过来这里。B: Perfect.Our offer remains open for 3 days.太好了,我们的报价三天有效。
A: I don’t need that long to make up my mind.If your prices are agreeable and if I can get the commission I want, I can place the order right away.我不需要那么长时间来做决定。如果你们提供的价格合适,而且如 果我能得到我想要的佣金,我可以立即下订单。
B: I’m sure you’ll find our price most favorable.Elsewhere prices for hardware have gone up tremendously in recent years.Our prices haven’t changed much.你会发现我们的价格是最优惠的。近几年来,其他地方五金的价格 上涨幅度很大,而我们的价格变化不大。
A: I’m glad to hear that.As I’ve just said, I hope to conclude some substantial business with you.那太好了。正如我刚才所说的,我希望与你们做成一些大买卖。
B: We shall be very pleased.Is there anything else I can do for you, Mrs.Anderson? 我们也很高兴。我还能为您做点其他什么吗,安德森女士?
商务英语口语
A: I’m buying for chain department stores in Canada.They are also interested in Egyptian carpets.Could you introduce me to the person in charge of this line?
我为加拿大的连锁百货店选购货物。他们还对埃及地毯很感兴趣。你们能为我介绍做这行的人吗?
B: Certainly, I’ll make an appointment for you with Mr.Jordan of the Egypt National Native Produce and Animal By-products Import and Export Corporation.当然可以。我会为您和乔丹先生预约一下,他是埃及国家土畜产进出口公司的。A: Thank you very much.非常感谢你们。
Conversation 9 Give A Discount A: I'm interested in all kinds of your products, but this time I would like to order some fireworks and mosquito coil incense.Please quote us C.I.F.Rangoon.我对你们所有的产品都感兴趣,但这次我想购买烟火和蚊香。请报 CIF仰光到岸价。
B: Please let us know the quantity required so that we can work out the premium and freight charges.请你说明需求数量,以便我们计算出保险费和运费。
A: I'm going to place a trial order for 1,000 units of a dozen fireworks and 500 cartons of mosquito coil incense.我们打算试订一千打烟火和五百箱蚊香。
B: All right.Here are our F.O.B.price lists.All the prices are subject to our final confirmation.好吧!这是我们的FOB价目表。所有的价格都以我方最后确认为准。
A: Your price is reasonable but I wonder if you would give us a discount.You know for the products like yours we usually get 2% or 3% discount from European suppliers.你方的价格很合理,但我想知道你们能否给一个折扣?像这样的商品,我们通常从欧洲供货商那里得到百分之二到百分之三的折扣。
B: We usually offer on a net basis only.Many of our clients have been doing very well on this quoted price.我们通常只报净价。我们的许多客户在这个报价上都做得很好。
A: Discounts will more or less encourage us to make every effort to push sales of your products.折扣或多或少能给我们一些鼓励,能使我们更加努力地推销贵方的产品。
B: The quantity you ordered is much smaller than those of others.If you can manage to boost it a bit, we’ll consider giving you a better discount.你们订的数量比其他客户少很多。如果你们能试着增加一点数量,我们会考虑给予适当折扣。
A: As far as a trial order is concerned, the quantity is by no means small.And
商务英语口语
generally speaking, we like to profit from a trial order.I hope you’ll be able to meet our requirements.做为试购,这个数量绝不算少了。一般来说,试购总应得到些利润,希望你方能满足我们的要求。
B: Well, as this is the first deal between us, we agree to give you an one-percent discount as a special encouragement.由于这是我们的第一次交易,我们同意作为特殊照顾给予你们百分之一的折扣。
A: 1%? That’s too low a rate.Could you see your way to increase it to 2%?
百分之一?那太少了。能不能想办法增加到百分之二?
B: I’m afraid we have really made a great concession, and could not go any further.恐怕不行了,我们确实已做出了很大让步,无法再增加了。
A: It seems this is the only proposal for me to accept.I’ll come again tomorrow to discuss it in detail.看来,这是我唯一能接受的条件了。明天我再来和你们讨论细节问 题。B: All right.See you tomorrow.好吧!明天见。
Conversation10 Make Concessions
A: Good morning, Mrs.Wang.Any news? 王小姐,早上好。有什么消息吗? B: Yes.I've succeeded in persuading our export manager to agree to a reduction of ten percent.He made this an exception with an eye to future business.有,我已经说服我方出口部经理同意降价10%。他考虑到以后的生意,所以破例降价。
A: Good.We certainly appreciate your making these concessions for us.太好了,我们非常感激你方做出这些让步。
B: May I repeat 15 Tunnel Drillers, specifications as shown in the technical data, at 57,000Swiss Francs each, F.O.B.European Main Ports? Business is closed at this price.我再重复一下报盘:15台隧道钻机,规格详见技术资料,欧洲主要港口离岸价每台五万七千瑞士法郎。交易就按此价敲定。
A: Yes, that's right.Shall we go over the other terms and conditions of the transaction to see if we agree on all the particulars?
没错。我们再检查一下这项交易的其他条款,好吗?看看有没有意见不一致的地方?
B: All right.We have no objection to the stipulations about the packing and shipping
商务英语口语
marks.As a matter of fact, we always pack our machines in new strong wooden cases suitable for long distance ocean transportation.好,我们同意关于包装和唛头的条款。其实,我们的机器包装都采用适合于长途海洋运输的崭新牢固的木箱。
A: The machines must be well protected against dampness, moisture, rust, and be able to stand shock and rough handling.机器的包装必须防湿、防潮、防锈、防震,并且经得起粗鲁的搬运。B: We'll see to that.我们会注意的。
A: They are to be shipped not later than September 2001.装船期不能迟于2001年9月。
B: There' s no question about that.没问题。
Conversation11 The terms of payment A: Well, we’ve settled the question of price, quality and quantity.Now what about the terms of payment?
好吧,既然价格、质量和数量问题都已谈妥,现在来谈谈付款方式怎么样? B: We only accept payment by irrevocable letter of credit payable against shipping documents.我们只接受不可撤消的、凭装运单据付款的信用证。A: I see.Could you make an exception and accept D/A or D/P?
我明白。你们能不能破例接受承兑交单或付款交单?
B: I’m afraid not.We insist on a letter of credit.恐怕不行,我们是坚决要求采用信用证付款。
A: To tell you the truth, a letter of credit would increase the cost of my import.When I open a letter of credit with a bank, I have to pay a deposit.That’ll tie up my money and increase my cost.老实说,信用证会增加我方进口货的成本。要在银行开立信用证,我得付一笔押金。这样会占压我的资金,因而会增加成本。
B: Consult your bank and see if they will reduce the required deposit to a minimum.你和开证行商量一下,看他们能否把押金减少到最低限度。
A: Still, there will be bank charges in connection with the credit.It would help me greatly if you would accept D/A or D/P.You can draw on me just as if there were a letter of credit.It makes no great difference to you, but it does to me.即便那样,开立信用证还是要支付银行手续费。假如你能接受承兑 交单或付款交单,这就帮我大忙了。你就当作是信用证一样向我开汇票。这对你来说区别不大,但是对我来说就大不一样了。
B: Well, Mrs.Wang, you must be aware that an irrevocable letter of cred it gives the exporter the additional protection of the banker’s guarantee.We always require L/C
商务英语口语
for our exports.And the other way round, we pay by L/C for our imports.王小姐,你应该也知道,不可撤消的信用证给出口商增加了银行的担保。我们出口一向要求采用信用证;反过来讲,我们进口也是信用证付款。
A: To meet you half way, what do you say if 50% by L/C and the balance by D/P?
我们都各让一步吧,货价的百分之五十用信用证,其余的采用付款 交单,你看怎么样?
B: I’m very sorry, Mrs.Wang.But I’m afraid I can’t promise you even that.As I’ve said, we require payment by L/C.对不起,王小姐。即便那样,我恐怕也不能答应。我都说过了,我们要求用信用证付款。