学位英语(英译汉)

时间:2019-05-14 12:50:07下载本文作者:会员上传
简介:写写帮文库小编为你整理了多篇相关的《学位英语(英译汉)》,但愿对你工作学习有帮助,当然你在写写帮文库还可以找到更多《学位英语(英译汉)》。

第一篇:学位英语(英译汉)

英 译 汉

★In 1870,horses and mules were the prime source of power on U.S.farms.在1870年,马和骡子是美国农场的主要劳动力来源。

★Those signs include the thousand and one ways in which we orient ourselves to the situation of daily life.那些信号包括许许多多我们适应日常生活环境的方式。

★Most Americans,however,see romantic love as essential for a successful marriage,and tend to look askance at anyone who marries for a more practical reason in which love plays no part.然而,大多数美国人把浪漫的爱看作是成功婚姻必不可少的组成部分,而且往往蔑视任何为了更实际的理由,而不是为了爱而结婚的人。

★If they can sense colour differences then perhaps we,too,are affected by colour unconsciously.如果他们能够觉察出颜色的差异,那么我们可能也不知不觉地受到颜色的影响。

★People exposed to bright red show an increase in heartbeat,and blood pressure;red is exciting.当人们处于鲜红颜色面前,心跳会加快,血压也会升高;这表明红色令人激动。

★In order to learn to be one’s true self,it is necessary to obtain a wide and extensive knowledge of what has been said and done in the world.要想了解真实的自我,必须深入、广泛的探索前人所说过的话,所做的事情。

★This element of the unknown has for centuries added greatly to the fear and horror surrounding earthquakes,but in recent times there have been indications that earthquake prediction may be possible.数百年来,地震的不可知性给地震蒙上了极大的恐惧和惊慌,然而近几次的地震发生之前已经显露一些迹象。

★The accuracy of scientific observations and calculations is always at the mercy of the scientist’s timekeeping methods.科学观察和计算的精确度常取决于科学家的计时方法。

★In Frederick,students’parents are buying classroom supplies and offering to pay for groceries and utilities to keep first-year teachers and principals in their jobs.在Frederick地区,学生家长们出资购买教室用品,并主动为学校第一年的教师和校长们支付所需的各类杂货及水电费,以此来留住他们继续工作下去。

★“Rumors about what’s happening to the district are moving at lighting speed.”said a student.“We wanted to know the truth,and spread that around instead.”一位学生说:“关于这个地区的流言正在以闪电般速度传播着,我们想知道真相,并且传播真相。”

★Yet the waves,no matter how big or how violent,affect only the surface of the sea.然而,不管水波多大、多猛烈,只对海面造成影响。

★In the U.S.,the figure is much higher than in Great Britian,and people there spend over 10 percent of their income on the installment plan.在美国,这个数字要比英国高得多,每个人将他们收入的百分之十花费在分期付款上。

★The idea of a fish being able to generate electricity strong enough to light lamp bulbs-or even to run a small electric motor-is almost unbelievable,but several kinds of fish are able to do this.鱼产生的电流能点亮电灯——或者甚至能带动小型电动马达——是多么不可思议,但是有些鱼确实可以。

★Engineering studengs are supposed to be examples

of practicality and rationality,but when it comes to my college education I am an idealist and a fool.工科的学生往往被看成是实际和理性的榜样,但是就我的大学教育而言,我是一个理想主义者和傻瓜。

★The reality that has blocked my path to become the typical successful student is that engineering and the liberal arts simply don’t mix as easily as I assumed in high school.摆在我面前阻碍我成为一名成功学生的现实就在于工科与文科并不像我在高中时所认为的那样,两者并不是简单地融合在一起。

★When the light reaches the other end,it is first changed into electrical signals,which are in turn converted into sound messages.光到达另一端后,首先转化成电流信号,随后再转化为声音信息。★In most cases these individuals are dreaming of wealth and fame,not the long hours alone at a typewriter.多数情况下,这些人正梦想着的是财富和名望,而不是在打字机前长时间的工作。★Because we live in a democratic nation,whose citizens make the policies for the nation,large numbers of us must be educated to understand,to support,and when necessary,to judge the work of experts.因为我们生活在一个民主的国家,由公民制定国家的政策,我们中的许多人必须接受教育,学会理解、支持,必要的时候还要判断专家的工作。

★There are many communities and populations which have lost precious recoards due to tragic events such as the fire in the Irish courts during Civil War in 1921 or American slaves for whom many records were never kept in the first place.在很多地区,相当多的人曾因为一些悲剧事件而失去他们珍贵的资料,如1921年内战期间爱尔兰法庭失火这样的悲剧,又如美国奴隶,对于他们来说就有很多珍贵资料未能够保留下来。

★Theoretically,any individual will someday be able to trace his or her family origins through this database.理论上,有一天任何人都能通过这个资料库查处他或她家族的起源。

★On the contrary,to avoid problems in aerial navigation,the wheelless vehicle probably will travel no more than three inches above road surface.相反,为了避免天线导航,没有轮子的汽车将在离地面不超过3英寸的距离行驶。

★I appeal to you to clarify this issue so that the poor elderly of our city many become aware of the housing benefits for which they qualify.我请求你阐明这个问题,这样我们这个城市里贫穷的老人就可以了解到他们有资格享有住房的津贴。★It was believed that a person was sick because he had been attacked by evil spirits.人们认为生病是遭受恶魔的攻击。

★We are concerned to develop the ability of all our pupils into the full,not just their academic ability.我们关系的是全面充分地发展我们每一位学生的能力,而不仅仅是他们的学习能力。

★We expect our pupils to do their best,not their least,and we give them every encouragement to attain this goal.我们期望学生能够不遗余力尽其所能,为达到此目标我们也将给予他们充分的鼓励。

★The wheel is the simplest yet perhaps the most remarkable of all inventions,because there are no wheels in nature---no living thing was ever created with wheels.轮子是最简单的发明,或许也是最伟大的发明,因为自然界原本没有轮子——没有任何生

物是轮子创造的。

★Girls exceed boys in language abilities,and this early linguistic bias often prevails throughout life.女孩在语言能力上胜过男孩,而且这种早期就暴露的语言方面的偏向常常影响终生。

★Grandma Moses painted a little as a child and made embroidery pictures as a hobby,but only switched to oils in old age because her hands had become too stiff to sew and she wanted to keep busy and pass the time.摩西奶奶小的时候画过些画,之后绘制刺绣图案成了她的爱好。老了以后,她的手指变得僵硬不能缝纫,而她还希望保持忙碌打发时间,就转向油画。★The project provided opportunities for researches from India and abroad to study tigers in the reserves and gather previously unavailable information about their habits.这个方案给印度和国外的研究者提供了机会,使他们可以在保护区内研究老虎,收集以前难以获得的有关老虎习性的资料。

★Land problem is becoming serious and many rural people feel bitter about the fact that some rich forests are reserved for tigers.土地问题变得越来越严重了,令许多农民痛心的是,一些肥沃的森林地区被圈起来,建成了老虎保护区。

★In learning a foreign language,the best beginning is with the non-verbal linguistic elements of the language,its gestures,its body language.学习语言最好从语言的非语言方面、手势和身势语入门。

★Originally the White House was gray and was called the Presidential Palace.最初白宫是灰色的,并且被叫做总统府。

★This new activity involved all the original hunting sequences but the aim of the operation was no longer to avoid starvation.这种新的活动包括原先狩猎的一系列行为,而目的已不再是避免饥饿。

★Some scientists say that 16 of these mirrors,each about half a mile across,could aim their reflected light at one area on the earth that was about 200 miles by 300 miles.一些科学家认为可用16面直径为半英里的镜子将反射光照射到地球表面约为60000平方英里的区域。

★What no one knows yet is what effect this artificial daytime would have on plants,animals,and humans.目前,人们还不知道的是这种人造白天对植物、动物和人会有什么影响。

★Still,the fact remains that women are now free to enter any career that attracts them,the situation has improved,and the tide is not likely to turn back.然而,事实上女性如今可以自由选择所喜爱的职业;情况改善了,这一潮流不可能逆转。

★Ford realized he could use this assembly line method to build cars.福特意识到他可以用这种装配线的方法来生产他的汽车。

★At the early attempts,the cable failed and when it was taken out for repairs it was found to be covered in living growth,a fact which defied contemporary scientific opinion that there was no life in the deeper parts of the sea.在初始阶段海底电缆没能安装成功,当科研人员将电缆运出海面对其进行检修时发现电缆表面长满了瘤状物,这个事实表明海洋深处并不存在生命,这与现代科学见解相佐。

★Studies by the Council of Europe,of which 21 countries are members,have shown that 45 percent of reptile species and 24 percent of butterflies are in danger of dying out.由21个成员国组成的欧洲委员会的一项研究显示,百分之四十五的爬行物种及百分之二十四的蝴蝶濒临灭绝。

★Dr.Baum went on,“we could manage without most industrial products,but we could not manage without nature.Baum博士继续说道,“没有工业产品我们一样能够生活下去,但脱离了自然我们就无法生存。

★Some critics claim that no excuse is acceptable for not informing subjects about the nature of an experiment and giving them a chance to refuse to participate.一些批评家声称没有任何理由让实验对象在不了解实验性质,没有机会选择拒绝的情况下参与实验。

★He took a trip to southern,and there he found just the weather and scenery he needed to finish his movie.他去加州南部旅行,在那里他恰好发现了要完成他的电影所需的天气和风景。

★Primary and secondary education is financed almost entirely by the state out of central and local tax revenues.中小学几乎全额依靠中央和地方税收拨款。

★The current opinion seems to be that this should include a general knowledge of what computers are,plus a little of their history and something of how they operate.目前的看法似乎是这样的,这必须包括一种关于计算机本身定义的基本知识,还需具备一些计算机的发展历史及其操作知识。

★We effectively use all types of electrical equipment without being able to tell their history or to explain how they work..我们能够有效地使用各种电子设备,而不需要知道它们的历史或者它们是如何工作的。

★At times they even sleep in their van instead of a hotel,just to save money.有时他们甚至在自己的篷车里,而不是在旅馆里睡觉,只是为了省钱。★As a result,these areas send out less heat and light and thus appear from Earth to be almost dark irregular surface patches.这些区域释放的热量和光线较弱,因而从地球上看,表面几乎形成不规则的暗区。★Computer technology enabled the reserchers,to obtain precise measurements of the volume of the front and side sections of the brain,which relate to intellect and emotion,and determine the human character.电脑技术让研究者能准确地测量大脑前部和侧面的容量,它们与智力、情感有关,决定着人的性格。

★The interview is an important event in the job-hunting process,because the 20 or 30 minutes you spend with the interviewer may determine whether or not you get the particular job you want.面试是求职过程中一件重要的事情,因为你和面试人一起度过的二三十分钟可能决定你是否能得到你想要的那个工作。

★If possible,you should negotiate for salary after you have been offered a job and when you are ready to complete the paperwork.如果有可能的话,你应在得到一份工作,并且在你做好准备完成日常文书工作后再与雇佣方协商工资问题。

★He is,even today,a symbol of courage and adventure.他即使今天都是勇气和历险的象征。Henning studied how students who are learning English as a second language remember vocabulary.Henning研究了把英语作为外语学习的学生是如何记词汇的。

★In time,the migration became a habit,and now,although the glaciers have disappeared,the habit continues.迁徙成为一种习惯,现在尽管冰川已经消失,这种习惯仍然继续。

★Problems come when any particular section is too thick and not sticking to the section beneath.The snow of the past few weeks had been falling in rather higher temperatures than those of December and early January.当积雪的任何一部分太厚,并且与下面的部分不相粘结的话,问题就出现了。过去几星期下的雪在高于十二月到一月份上旬的温度下开始融化。

★The one comfort to recreational skiers,however,is that avalanche incidents on the marked ski slopes are quite rare.No ski resort wants the image of being a death trap.对于度假的滑雪者来说,令人欣慰的是,雪崩事故很少发生在有足迹的滑雪坡上。

★Losing weight is hard work,but most people want to find a fast and easy way to take off fat.减肥是件苦差事,大多数人都想找到一条又快又简单的减肥方法。

★The respect in which he was held was partly owing to the man himself,with his warm friendliness,his good sense,his urbanity,his gay spirits,his artistic integrity,and his love of both the Old World and the New.他受到尊重部分源自其自身,他友好、判断能力强、文雅、开朗、正直,新、旧世界他都热爱。★Kidneys can be conserved in this simple way for 24 to 48 hours with little deterioration,and during this time they can be moved for long distances.用这种简单的方法,肾脏可以保存24到48小时而不会变质,在此段时间里能被转移到很远的地方。

★A simple and common method used by many consumers is to complain directly to the store manager.很多顾客采用的一个简单又常用的方法是直接向商店经理投诉。

★She or he can threaten to take the seller to court or report the seller to a private or public organization responsible for protecting consumers’ rights.她或他(顾客)会将卖方告上法庭,或者他们会向保护消费者权益的私人或公共机构进行举报。

★In this way,better quality products at good values are continually being brought to the people of all income groups.这样,性价比高的商品可以不断地提供给不同收入层次的人们。

★Bearing in mind the nature of the translator’s work,i.e.,the processing of the written word,it is,strictly speaking,unnecessary that he should be able to speak the languages he is dealing with.牢记翻译者工作的性质,即对书面语进行操作,严格地说,并不要求翻译者一定能够讲他正在翻译的语言。★It is also possible for a student to move between one university and another during his degree course,though this is not in fact done as a regular practice.学生也可能在学习期间在两所大学交叉学习,尽管这样做并不常见。

★Money laundering is the process by which money obtained by illegal means is given the appearance of legitimate income and returned into circulation.洗钱是将非法途径得来的金钱,在合法收入的掩盖下使之进入流通领域。

★The liberlization of markets around the world and deregulation of exchange controls are regarded as the chief causes of the rapid expansion of the money laundering over the past decade.市场的(过度)自由及对汇率控制的撤销成为过去十年来洗钱活动迅速发展的两大主要原因。

★Nobel preferred not to be remembered as the inventor of dynamite,so in 1895,just two weeks before his death,he created a found to be used for awarding prizes to people who had made worthwhile contrybutions to mankind.诺贝尔宁愿自己不是作为甘油炸药的发明者而被人们记住,因此,他在1895年去世前的两个星期,创立了一项基金,奖励对人类做出有价值贡献的人们。

★Memorization is an important learning method in Japanese school,yet many students say that after an exam,they forget much of the information that they have memorized.死记硬背是日本学习采用的一种重要的学习方法,然而很多学生反映,考试过后他们就忘记了背过的大部分内容。

★Teach him it is far more honorable to fail than to cheat.教导他失败比作弊要光荣得多。

★Clothes which have been worn only a few times have to be put aside because of the change of fashion.因为时尚的变化,衣裳仅仅穿了几次就要被丢到一边。

★Do the constantly changing fashions of women’s clothes,one wonders,reflect basic qualities of inconstancy and instability?有人会想,女性服饰时尚不断发生改变的事实是不是反映出其本身存在的一种变化无常、及不稳定的基本特性呢?

★The producers of instant coffee found their product strongly resisted in the market places despite their product’s obvious advantages.尽管产品本身具备显而易见的优势,速溶咖啡的生产者发现他们的产品在市场上严重受阻。

★Many of the centenarians emphasized the importance of being independent and free to do the things they enjoyed and wanted to do,and of maintaining a placid state of mind free from worry or emotional strain.许多百岁老人强调独立自由地做自己想做的事情,远离烦恼和情感压力,保持平静的心态很重要。

★Even if a job is not perfect for you,every interview can make you learn from it.即使某一份工作对你来说并不理想,每个面试都可以让你从中学到些东西。

★People who question or even look down on the study of the past and its works usually assume that the past is entirely different from the present,and that hence we can learn nothing worthwhile from the past.那些质疑甚至轻视对过去及先人作品研究的人们通常主观地认为过去与现在是完全不同的,从而得出人们无法从过去获取任何有价值的东西的结论。★We and the ancients share a common human nature and hence certain common human experiences and problems.我们和古人享有共同的人类的天性,因此也会有共同的经历和问题。

★Perhaps the reason is that asvertising saves the manufacturers from having to think about the customer.也许,原因是登广告能让生产者省心,不要去考虑消费者。

★“No mechanism in China requires the recall of cars as it dose in Japan,but Honda decided to replace the rubber connector in order to provide the same service to Chinese consumers”the spokeswoman said.女发言人说:“与在日本不同,中国的机构没有要求召回汽车,但是本田公司决定更换橡胶连接以向中国客户提供同等服务。”

★A survey conducted last year by Roper Starch Worldwide,Inc.,found that almost 70 percent of the respondents said they would be happier if their families had twice as much household income.去年由Roper Starch Worldwide公司所做的一项调查发现,几乎有百分之七十的接受调查者表示如果他们的家庭收入能够再增加一倍,他们会更幸福。

★The publisher was so doubtful,he wanted her to split the publishing costs with him,and all she hoped was that it would make enough money for her to buy a new silk dress.出版商不太确信书出版后一定能够赚钱,他想与作者(Harriet Beecher Stowe)分摊出版费用,而她只是希望能够赚够足够的钱为自己买一条新的丝绸连衣裙。

★Its vast influence strengthened the anti-slavery movement and angered defenders of the slave system.它巨大的影响激励了反对奴隶制的运动,也激怒了奴隶制的拥护者。

第二篇:2011年英语英译汉

英译汉

Could you show me the way to the train station? 你可以告诉我去火车站的路吗?

Do you know where the post office is? 你知道邮局在哪儿吗?

Could you tell me how to get to the bank? 你可以告诉我如何去银行吗?

Could you tell me how to go to your university? 请你告诉我如何去你的大学,可以吗?

When I was young, I liked singing and dancing.年轻时,我喜欢唱歌跳舞。

The question is too difficult to answer.这个问题太难回答。

I haven't enough money for the coat.我的钱不够买这件上衣。

David will get a birthday gift from his sister.戴维将从他的姐姐那里得到一份生日礼物。

Please give me your homework before leaving.请在离开前将你的作业交给我。

What is the color of your new computer? 你的新电脑是什么颜色?

What did you do last week? 上星期你干什么了?

What a beautiful T-shirt you have!你的T恤衫真漂亮!

My watch is five minutes fast.我的表快了五分钟。

We must arrive there on time.我们必须准时到那儿。

Can you finish your work in time? 你能及时完成工作吗?

I lost my keys on my way to work.在去上班的路上,我的钥匙丢了。

When did you get up yesterday morning? 你昨天早上几点起的床?

I had lunch with a friend of mine.我和我的一个朋友一块吃了午饭。

I finished my work at 6 pm.下午6点我干完了活。

I didn't sleep well.我没睡好。

I'm sorry to hear that.听到这消息我很遗憾。

I heard she got married last week.我听说她上星期结婚了。

I take a walk in the early morning every day.我每天一大早出去散步。

We have known each other for 6 years.我们认识有六年了。

I watched TV all night yesterday.我昨天看了一夜电视。

The movie began when we got there.我们一到那儿电影就开演了。

When I arrived at the station, the train had already left.我到车站时,火车已经开了。

He knew the time of the meeting.他知道开会时间。

How long has she lived there? 她在那儿住多久了?

Where did you go for dinner yesterday? 你们昨天去哪儿吃饭了?

When will he come to see you? 他什么时候会来看你?

Our teacher always encourages us to speak English bravely.我们的老师总是鼓励我们大胆讲英语。

You must always remember not to cheat in exams.你们必须记住永远都不要在考试时作弊。

This pair of shoes cost me 260 yuan.这双鞋花了我260元钱。

How long will it take us to get there? 我们到那儿要用多长时间?

I'm now a distance education student.我现在是一名远程教育学员。

The little boy wanted to exchange his toy car for my cake.这个小男孩想用他的玩具小汽车换我的蛋糕。

These five boys failed in their English exam last term.这五个男同学上学期的英语考试没过。

One can never succeed without enough confidence in himself.一个人如果对自己没有足够的信心就不可能成功。

The price of gasoline will come down in Chinese market.中国市场上的汽油价将会下降。

Don't you think smoking is harmful to your health?

你不认为抽烟对你的身体有害吗?

I have no interest in what they say about me.我对别人怎么说我不感兴趣。

I don't know who broke the window.我不知道谁打破了窗户。

It is known to all that exercises are good for health.众所周知,锻炼有益于健康。

Not all Americans are interested in sports, of course.当然,并非所有美国人都对运动感兴趣。

I think the picture shows us how fruit is necessary to life.我想这幅图是告诉我们水果对生活是不可缺的。

Does the computer have instructions on it? 电脑上面有使用说明吗?

You can buy water inside.你可以在里面买水喝。

I think everyone knows how to swim.我想每个人都知道如何游泳。

I'll have to try using the search engines.我得试着用这个搜索引擎。

Did you get that E-mail from me? 你收到我发的那封电子邮件了吗?

Wang Li's father has taught English here since he

has graduated from Peking University.王丽的父亲从北京大学毕业后就一直在这里教英语。Please give this book to whoever comes first.请把这本书给最先来的人。

Though it was late, they kept on working.尽管已经很晚了,他们还在继续工作。

Bill hit his car into a wall last night.昨晚比尔开车时车撞到了墙上。

Would you please help me with this heavy box? 你能帮我抬一下这个很沉的箱子吗?

Apples here like water and sunshine.这里的苹果喜欢水和阳光。

Fred was such a hardworking student that he soon

came out first in the class.弗瑞德是一个学习十分用功的学生,以至于不久他

就成了班里学习最好的学生。

Ted and William have lived under the same roof for five years.泰德和威廉已经在同一个屋檐下生活了五 年了。

You needn't go there anymore.He already knows about it.你不必去了,他已经知道那件事了。

As is known to all, China is a developing country.众所周知,中国是一个发展中国家。

A friend of mine from high school is working in England now.我的一个高中同学现在正在英格 兰工作。

After I get home, I'll call you.到家以后,我会给你打电话。

Air is all around us.空气无处不在。

Americans usually eat three meals a day.美国人通常一天吃三顿饭。

Beijing Olympic Games can make Chinese people work harder。北京奥运会能让中国人工作更努力。

Call me tomorrow if you have time.你明天如果有空给我电话。

Could you tell me how to get to the bank/your university?

你能告诉我去银行/你的大学怎么走吗?

Do you feel better now? 你现在感觉好些了吗?

Do you like traveling? 你喜欢旅游吗?

Do you think students should do a part-time job? 你认为学生应该去做兼职吗?

Don't tell me what to do!别对我指手画脚!

He can run as fast as Jim.他和吉姆跑得一样快。

He had a traffic accident last week.上周他发生了车祸。

He has a foreign friend who lives in America.他有个住在美国的外国朋友。

He has sympathy for all poor people.他对所有的穷人有一颗怜悯之心。

He is a worldwide famous scientist.他是世界闻名的科学家。

He is sweating all over.他汗流浃背。

He offered to help us with our work.他在工作上给与我们帮助。3

He translated the famous novel into English.他把著名的小说翻译成英文。

How are you feeling today? 你今天感觉怎么样?

How long do you watch TV every day? 你每天看多久电视?

How wide is this street? 这条街有多宽?

How will you spend the evening? 你今晚打算怎么过?

I buy some food on my way home.我在回家的路上买了些食物。

I don't feel very well.我感觉不太好。

I found $10 on the street.我在路上捡到10美元。

I get to my office at 10:30.我10点半到办公室。

I got married ten years ago./My parents were married in 1954.我十年前结婚了。/我父母是1954年结婚的。

I guess he is ill.我想他生病了。

I have a pain in my back.我背痛。

I hope you'll be well soon.希望你早日康复。I slept soundly all night.我整夜睡得很熟。

I think you're wrong.我觉得你错了。

I'll phone you again when I get home.我回到家会再打你电话的。

I'll stay at home and watch TV.我要待在家里,看电视。

I'll tell you what to do next.我会告诉你下一步要怎么做。

I'll tell you when to stop working.我会告诉你什么时候停止工作。

I'm going to buy a monthly ticket tomorrow.明天我会去买一张月票。

I'm having a headache now.我现在头痛。

I'm not an English major student.我不是英语专业的学生。

I'm very much eager to improve my oral English.我非常急迫地想提高我的英语口语。

It is a fine spring day.一个美好的春天。

It is not necessary to do this work.这个工作不是非做不可。

It rained every day while I was in Shanghai.我在上海的时候每天都在下雨。

I've changed my mind.我已经改变了我的想法。

Let's go dancing tonight.我们今天晚上去跳舞吧。

May I have a look at the watch/your pictures? 我可以看下你的表/照片吗?

On that flight were a mother and her four-year-old

son, whose name was Jeffrey.那个航班上有一个母亲和她叫杰弗瑞的四岁的儿子。

People all over the world are trying to help the

people in Sichuan.全世界的人都在努力帮助四川人民。

Please give me a glass of beer.请给我一杯啤酒。

Please tell me where I can find these books.请告诉我哪里能找到这些书。

She was late for work again.她工作又迟到了。

She's free on Friday and Saturday.她周五和周六有空。

Students can study by themselves through school network.学生能通过校园网自助学习。

The doctor told me to have more water.医生告诉我要多喝水。

The school management must be improved.学校的管理必须改进。

They are ordinary people, but did a great job.他们是普通人,但是做了不平凡的工作。

They seem to have more activities at night than in the day.他们好像晚上的活动比白天多。

This custom has a long tradition.这个习俗有着悠久传统。

Trees need water to grow.树木生长需要水。

We should encourage him to have confidence in himself.我们应该鼓励他要自信。

Who can help me clean the room? 谁能帮我打扫房间?

Why not go out for a walk? 出去走走怎么样?

Would you like some mineral water? 你想来点矿泉水吗?

Would you please open the door for me? 能帮我开门吗?

You don't need to buy that.你不需要买这个。

You should stop smoking.You shouldn't smoke too much.你应该戒烟。你抽烟抽太多了。

Though it was late.They kept on working.尽管已经很晚了,他们还在继续工作。

Bill hit his car into a wall last night.昨晚比尔开车时车撞到了墙上。

Would you please help me with this heavy box? 你能帮我抬一下这个很沉的箱子吗?

Apples here like water and sunshine.这里的苹果喜欢水和阳光。

A lot of natural resources in the mountain area are to be exploited and used.那个山区有许多自然资源有待于开发利用。

In Foreign Languages Department, a checking machine

is used to correct the students' est papers.外语教研部用阅卷机给学生批卷。

The students are encouraged by their teacher to do

more listening, reading and writing.老师鼓励学生多听,多读,多写。

The plan has been over fulfilled by now.目前,已经超额完成计划。

The most common samples of inorganic materials are

the gases of the atmosphere, water, rocks, etc.大气中的气体、水、岩石都是无机物中最普通的实例。

There is a large amount of energy wasted due to

friction.由于摩擦而损耗了大量的能量。

This place has plentiful material resources.这个地方的物质资源是丰富的。

Various substances differ widely in their magnetic

characteristics.各种材料的磁性有很大的不同。

Transistors are small in size and light in weight.晶体管的体积小,重量轻。

John and his brother differ in personality even if

their differences in age are not significant.尽管约翰和他哥哥在年纪上相差不大,但他们个性

却不相同。

The more passions we have, the more happiness we are

likely to experience.我们的激情越多,我们有可能体验到的快乐就越多。

Each time history repeats itself, the price goes up.历史每重演一次,代价就增加。

In an age of plenty, we feel spiritual hunger.在这个物质财富充裕的时代,我们感到精神上的饥渴。

If you decided to learn a new language, you would

have to dedicate yourself wholeheartedly to the

cause.如果你决定学一门新的语言,你必须全身心地投入。

Karsh was praised as a master portraitist, often

working in black and white, influenced by great

painters of the past.卡什被人们誉为人像大师,由于受到历史上一些著

名画家的影响,他在拍摄中经常运用黑白摄影。

In no other country in the world can you find such

plants as this one.像这种植物在世界上的其他任何一个国家中都找不到。

I was having a nap when suddenly the telephone rang.我在睡觉时,电话铃声突然响了。

All that glitters is not gold.闪光的东西,未必都是金子。

He told me that he had lived in America for ten years

before he came to China.他告诉我, 在来中国前他在美国已生活十年了。

All things are difficult before they are easy.凡事总是由难而易。

Tom has taught English here since he graduated from

Oxford University.汤姆从牛津大学毕业后就一直在这里教英语。

Visitors who come here like the beach and sunshine.来这里的游客喜欢沙滩和阳光。

Please give this ticket to whoever comes first.请把这张票给最先来的人。

The higher the temperature of a body, the quicker

the motion of its molecules.物体的温度越高,其分子的运动就越快。

Whether they will hold a meeting has not been decided.要不要开会还没有决定。

The child talks as if he were a man.那孩子说起话来就好像是个大人似的。

Never before in her life has Helen seen such

beautiful and precious jewelry.海伦一生中从未见过如此漂亮和珍贵的珠宝。

The bridge being built will be completed in May.正在修建的那座桥将于5月完工。

Mary was such a hardworking student that she soon

came out first in the class.玛丽是一个学习十分用功的学生,不久她就成了班

里学习最好的学生。

Everything considered, their plan is still workable.所有因素都考虑到,他们的计划仍是可行的。

Everyone enjoys being praised instead of criticized.每个人都喜欢被表扬而不是受到批评。

Peter was too young to understand all that.皮特太年轻, 无法明白这一切。

I got a decayed tooth pulled off yesterday.我昨天把一颗蛀牙拔了。

If you invest all your money in one hotel, you'll

have all your eggs in one basket.要是你把所有的钱都投资在一个宾馆里,你就是在

孤注一掷。

We are very grateful to you for what you have done

for us all these years.我们非常感谢这些年来你为我们所做的一切。

He has made it clear that he has nothing to do with her.他已经表明了他与她无关。

Had the car gone over the cliff, they would have been

killed.如果汽车当时翻到悬崖下, 他们早就丧命了。5

With winter coming on, it's time to buy warm clothes.小男孩找不到了,他的父母对他的安全忧心忡忡。

If you travel by ship across the Pacific Ocean, you

cross the International line.如果你坐船穿过太平洋,那你就穿过了国际线。

People always hate mice, but one mouse won the

people’s heart of the whole world.人们总是痛恨老鼠,但是有一只老鼠却赢得了全世

界人民的心。

What do you think about ….?

你觉得……怎么样?

Great wall is so wide for six horses to go side by

side.长城宽得足够六匹马肩并肩地走。

Five days is too long for me to wait.Do you want

to wait?

五天的等待对我来说太久了,你想等吗?

Don’t trust him no matter what he says.不管他说什么都别相信他。

Would you like some coffee? There’s still a little

left.你想要一些咖啡吗?还有一点剩下。

We admire him although he makes a lot of mistakes;

after all he is a great man.尽管他犯了很多错误我们还是很敬佩他,毕竟他是

一个伟人。

….three times as much here…

……三倍多

A dolphin is always well-known as a clever and

friendly animal.海豚以聪明和友好的动物闻名。

He was satisfied with his new car, and drove to work

the very next day.他很满意他的新车,第二天就开去上班了。

You are free to go or stay.你可以自由地选择走或留。

Fires may do more damage than the earthquake.火灾比地震更有破坏力。

When she left school, she went first to Britain.她毕业以后首先去了英国。

The polluted air becomes poisonous and dangerous to

our health.污染了的空气对我们的健康变得毒害和危险。

Who’s going to answer the door?

谁去开门?

Some people find it difficult to ask for help.有些人觉得请求帮助很困难。

Jim was intelligent, but he hated hard work.吉姆很聪明,但是不喜欢努力工作。

My classmate is cleverer than I.我的同学比我聪明。

I think she’ll change the mind tomorrow.我认为她明天会改变她的想法。

You’d better do that again.你最好再做一次。

Some of the pictures were shown in an art museum in

Shanghai when she was 4 years old.当她四岁时,在上海的一个艺术博物馆展出了一些画。

I’m thinking about a visit to Paris.我在考虑去趟巴黎。

He didn’t need to attend the meeting.他不需要参加会议。

I’m busy studying for my exams.我正忙着复习考试。

The teacher came earlier than expected.老师比预计提前到了。

Have you seen Tom recently? 你最近见过汤姆吗?

If you take vitamins, you will have more energy.如果你服用维生素,精力会更足些。

Air pollution is more serious than water pollution.空气污染比水污染更严重。

He prefers coffee to tea.咖啡和茶相比,他更喜欢咖啡。

He is one of the greatest writers in the world.他是世界上最好的作家之一。

They were sitting in the park, playing cards.他们坐在公园里玩扑克牌。

I hope we can have some snow this winter.我希望这个冬天能下点雪。

How long will you be staying in China? 你在中国呆多久?

Inside, this large plane looks more like a high

building than a plane.从里面看,这架大飞机更像一幢高楼而不像一架飞机。

He wanted to help all the wounded people no matter which side they were fighting for.他想帮助所有的伤员,无论他们是为哪一方而战。

The farmer didn’t spend much time working on his farm.这位农民没有花很多的时间在他的农场工作。

Would you mind closing the window for me? 你可以帮我关下窗户吗?

Who is the girl in white shirt? 穿白衬衣的女孩是谁?

He shows a great interest in learning English.他对英语学习表现出极大的兴趣。

It is no good hoping to read all these books.要把所有书都读完是不可能的。

I slept soundly all night.我整夜睡得很熟。

I met one of my old friends on my way home yesterday evening.昨晚在回家路上我遇到了我的一位老朋友.I picked up the bag to protect my face from the smoke

and heat.我捡起包捂在脸上挡住烟和热.Mark couldn’t come to the party because he had to

work.马克因为不得不工作,不能来参加我们的晚会.6

We cannot tell when an earthquake is coming.我们不能断定地震什么时候发生。

The friend saw everything but did not say a single

word.朋友目睹一切,却只字不提。Each year some of his money is given to the best

scientists and writers of the world.每年,他拿出一部分钱给世界上最优秀的科学家和 作家。

I hurried to my office.我匆忙赶到了办公室。

In fact, he did not even own a bed.事实上,他连张床都没有。

He called the doctor and made sure they would meet

at five.他打电话和医生确认他们将在五点见面。

I got there by plane late at night.我深夜才坐飞机到那儿。

I’m looking forward to your visit to China.我期待你的中国之旅。

This box can hold more books than one.这个箱子不止装一本书。

Please give me your advice.请你给我建议。

I am writing this letter to complain about the

service in your hotel.我正在写信投诉你们宾馆的服务。

You and your team can discover the answer to

problems together.你和你的团队可以共同探索问题的答案。

Smoking can seriously harm your health.吸烟对你的健康危害很大。

Fewer high school students are smoking now than a

few years ago.相比若干年前,现在吸烟的高中生少了。

I hope you will change your mind tomorrow.我希望明天你能改变你的想法。

Do you go swimming every day? 你每天都去游泳吗?

Business success depends on hard work.事业上的成功依靠努力。

Good health is an essential part of good life.身体健康是幸福生活的必要前提。

How much does a parrot like this cost? 这只鹦鹉多少钱?

Eastern culture is different from western.东西文化存在差异。

I feel lonely without you.没有你,我感到孤单。

He looks much older than his age.他比实际年龄看上去老得多。

Young persons under 25 make up half of the American

population.25岁以下的年轻人占到美国人口的一半以上。

I play football with my classmates.我和我的同学们踢球。

From the East coast to the West it is about 3,000

miles wide.东西宽度约为3000英里。

I’ve lost interest in my work.我已经对我的工作失去了兴趣。

I got to the library by bus.我坐公车去图书馆。

I feel satisfied with my life.我对我的生活感到满意。

Could you give me a cup of coffee, please? 请你给我一杯咖啡好吗?

Are you fond of music? 你喜欢音乐吗?

I want to get back home by five o’clock if it is possible.如果可能的话,我想5点钟回家。

How are you doing these days? 你最近怎么样?

There are 45 students in each class of the school.学校每个班级有45个学生。

第三篇:河南大学学位英语考试 英译汉

1.Not all the neighborhoods are empty, nor is every workplace a friendly playground.Most of us have had mixed experiences in these environments.Yet as one woman told me recently, she knows more about the people she passes on the way to her desk than on her way around the block.Our new sense of community hasn’t just moved from house to office building.The labels that we wear connect us with members from distant companies, cities, and states.We assume that have something “in common” with other teachers, nurses, city planners.不是所有的住宅区都是空的,也不是所有的工作单位都是友好的.多数人在这里都曾有过复杂的经历.然而,最近一位女性朋友告诉我她对工作单位里的人的了解程度要胜于对同一街区人的了解程度.我们不仅把社区的概念从住宅区迁移到办公楼,上班时身上佩戴的标志也把我们和异国他乡的人们和公司员工联系在一起.我们假设自己和其他的教师、护士、城市规划者有某些共同点。,It’s not unlike the experience of our immigrant grandparents.Many who came to this country still identified themselves as members of the Italian community, the Irish community, the Polish community.They sought out and assumed connections with people from the old country.Many of us have updated that experience.We have replaced ethnic identity with professional identity, the way we replaced neighborhoods with the workplace.This whole realignment of community is surely most obvious among the mobile.In an age of specialists, they may have to search harder to find people who speak the same language.这有点像最初移民来到美国我们的祖辈们的经历,许多人来到这里以后把自己原来的国籍还当成一个社区,所以有意大利人社区、爱尔兰人社区、波兰人社区等。他们不断寻找并设想自己与来自同一个国家的人们有着亲密的联系。我们把这种体验提升了一步。像工作单位取代居住地一样,我们的职业身份取代了种族身份。这种社区的完全重组在流动作业的行业中表现得最为明显,那些在不同城市变换工作的人似乎把自己的身份根植与他们的行业中。在这个充满专业人士的时代,他们不得不费劲周折去寻找有共同语言的人。

2.Onward and upward was the course she set.Small progress was no excuse for feeling satisfied with yourself.People who stopped to pat themselves on the back didn’t last long.Even if you got to the top, you’d better not take it easy.“The bigger they come, the harder they fall” was one of her favorite maxims.进取、进取、再进取,这是母亲给我设定的方向。小小的进步是不足以自我满足的。那些因成功而沾沾自喜停下来欣赏自己的人是不会持久的。即使你已经到达顶峰,你也最好不要放松。“爬得越高,摔得越痛”是母亲的至理名言。

It wasn’t the gin that was shouting.It was my mother.The gin only gave me the courage to announce to them that yes, by God, I had always believed in success, had always believed that without hard work and self-discipline you could never amount to anything, and didn’t deserve to.其实不是杜松子酒在吼,是我的母亲在吼。酒只是借给了我勇气向他们宣布那个想法。是的,上帝可以作证,我一直相信成功,一直相信如果没有辛勤的劳动和严格的自律,一个人不可能有任何成就,也不配有成就。

3.Defining who is great depends on how one measures success.对伟人的定义取决于人们如何衡量成功 “There’s a tendency to think that they are endowed with something

super-normal” he explained.“But what comes out of the research is that there are great people who have no amazing intellectual processes.” It’s a difference in degree.Greatness is built on tremendous amounts of study, practice and devotion.””人们往往认为他们具备一些超长非凡的东西,”他解释道。“但研究表明,有的伟人并没有惊人的智力。”伟人的伟大建立在大量的学习、实践及其献身精神的基础之上。

Thrust into office when his country’s morale was at the lowest, Churchill rose brilliantly to lead the British people.In a speech following the Allied evacuation at Dunkirk in 1940, he inspired the nation when he said, “We shall not flag or fail.We shall go on to the end...We shall never surrender.”丘吉尔在全国上下士气最为低落的时候被推上台,并出色地领导了英国人民。在1940年盟军敦刻尔克大撤退之后的一次讲演中,他的话激励了全国人民,“我们一定不会衰退、失败。我们将坚持到底…我们永远不会屈服。”

4.It’s easy to overlook the pleasure we get from loving and being loved, the company of friends, the freedom to live where we please, and even good health.我们可以从爱和被爱中感到快乐,从朋友的相伴中感到愉快,为能随意到处居留而感到喜悦,甚至会为了身体健康而高兴,可是这些快乐很容易被忽视。

We, on the other hand, with so many choices and such pressure to succeed in every area, have turned happiness into one more thing we “gotta have.” 另一方面,由于我们有许多选择并想在各个领域获得成功的压力,我们把幸福变成了我们“必须得到”的另外一种东西。

So we chase it and equate it with wealth and success, without noticing that people who have those things aren’t necessarily happier.所以我们追求幸福,将幸福与财富和成功等同起来,没有注意到拥有这一切的人不一定更幸福。

Happiness isn’t about what happens to us — it’s about how we perceive what happens to us.It’s the knack of finding a positive for every negative, and viewing a setback as a challenge.幸福不在于我们周围所发生的一切,而在于我们如何去看待我们周围所发生着的一切事情。这是一种从不利中找到有利,将挫折看作是激励的诀窍。

It’s not wishing for what we don’t have, but cherishing what we do possess.幸福并不是时时去盼望得到我们所没有的,而是要珍惜我们拥有的!

5.From my own experience, practical play exposes all sorts of weaknesses and strengths in my play that are hidden during preparation.根据我的经验,实际下棋的时候会暴露出我在准备过程中隐藏的各种弱点和长处。

On top of that, all his games were accessible to the Deep Blue team, while he was in the dark about Deep Blue.最要紧的是,深蓝队可以得到他的所有对局,但是他对深蓝队的情况却一无所知。

Humans, too, play weaker in unfamiliar situations and though they may find their way around better, machines can compensate for that with brute force.在陌生的环境下人类的表现也更差,而且即使人类可能摸索到更好的方法,机器也可以用物质的力量来弥补。

Unfortunately, as a result, we were never able to see the fabulous calculating abilities of Deep Blue.很不幸,结果是我们从来也不能看到深蓝奇妙的计算能力

IBM can hardly risk the reputation of its “blue-eyed” baby against some PC or mere mortal.So the rest of us(6,000,000,000 minus Kasparov)are left with more questions than answers.BM几乎不可能用它的“蓝眼”婴孩的声誉来挑战某台微机或是某位凡人。所以我们当中其余的人(除了卡斯帕洛夫以外的60亿人)看到的更多的是问题而不是答案。

6.To hold this opinion, however, is little short of treason in America.A boy or girl who leaves college is branded a failure—and the right to fail is one of the few freedoms that this country does not grant its citizens.The American dream of “getting ahead”, painted in strokes of gold wherever we look.Our advertisements and TV commercials are a hymn to material success, our magazine articles a toast to people who made it to the top.Smoke the right cigarette or drive the right cat---so the ads imply---and the girls will be swooning into your deodorized arms or caressing your expensive lapels.Happiness goes to the man who has the sweet smell of achievement.He is our national idol, and everybody else is our national fink.然而在美国,持有这种观点差不多就是背叛.中途离开学校的孩子们被丑化成失败者---失败的权利是美国政府没有赋予国民的少数几个自由之一.美国之梦是”成功”之梦,凡是我们放眼之处都是一片金光灿烂.宣传广告和电视广告歌颂物质方面的成功,杂志文章赞誉获得此类成功的人.广告暗示你:吸适合你身份的烟、开适合你身份的车,女孩们就会陶醉在你那没有异味的怀抱之中,抚摸你那昂贵的衣领。幸福只青睐那些散发出成功的甜蜜气味的人。他是全体国民的偶像,其他所有人则是国家的蛀虫。

8.Funny.This is how the U.S.was supposed to be.In a famous series of essays collected in his 1976 book,The Cultural Contradictions of Capitalism,Daniel Bell noted how the decline of the Protestant small-town ethic had unhinged American capitalism from its moral foundation in the intrinsic value of work..By the 1960s,Bell argued,”The cultural justification of capitalism become hedonism,the idea of pleasure as a way of life.” In a 1969 cover story titled “California: A State of Excitement”,Time reported that,as most Americans saw it,”the good,godless,gregarious pursuit of pleasure is what California is all about…”I have seen the future,”says the newly returned visitor to California,”and it plays.”

真是可笑!这本该是没过的摸样嘛!丹尼尔贝尔1976年出版《资本主义文化矛盾》一书,书中收录的一系列注明文章,他描述了新教徒小镇式道德观的衰落怎样动摇了没过资本主义的道德基础和对工作内在价值的认识。20世纪60年代,贝尔声称,“资本主义文化经过拨乱反正已变成了享乐主义文化,享受称谓生活的一种方式。”1969年《时代周刊》一篇名为《加利福尼亚:充满刺激之州》的封面故事中写道,“追寻美好的、非宗教的、交际性的快乐已经成了加利福尼亚的全部。每个刚去过加州的人都说,‘我看到了未来,自由自在的娱乐在发挥作用。”当时绝大多数美国人对报道中提及的情况都说有目共睹的。’

10.If the primary goal is simply to reduce cheating, then there are a variety of strategies to consider, including increased proctoring, encouraging faculty to use multiple versions of exams and not to recycle old tests and exams, aggressively faculty using plagiarism detection software, and employing stronger sanctions to

punish offenders.But while such strategies are likely to reduce cheating, I can’t imagine many people would want to learn in such an environment.As educators, we owe our students more than this, especially when cheating may reflect cynicism about what they perceive as eroding moral standards in the academy and in society.如果主要目的只是减少作弊,就可以考虑采取各种各样的措施:更严格的监考,鼓励教师采用多种版本的试题,不要循环使用旧考题,更积极地使用剽窃检测软件,以及对作弊者进行更严厉的惩罚。尽管这些措施很可能减少作弊,但很难想象人们会愿意在这样的环境中学习。作为教育者,我们为学生提供的东西应该比这些更多.Today’s students seem to be less concerned with what administrators and/or faculty consider appropriate behavior and much more concerned with the views and behavior of their peers.今天的学生不太在意学校或教师认为适宜的行为,他们更关心同伴的观点和行为.Regardless of the campus integrity policy, if students see others cheating, and faculty who fail to see it or choose to ignore it, they are likely to conclude that cheating is necessary to remain competitive.尽管学校有关学术诚信的政策,如果学生目睹别人作弊而未被教师发现,或教师干脆置之不理,他们可能会认为,为了维持竞争力,有必要采取欺骗行为.7.The great modern social myth is that the family is a “plastic” institution,capable of being molded to meet changing needs.现代社会的一大妄言是认为家庭是具有“可塑性”的制度,可以因适应不断变化的需求而改变。In fact,efforts to live in a world of pluralistic family forms result in mounting social disorder that governments can neither control nor reverse.实际上人们对于家庭形式多元化的尝试使社会秩序愈发混乱,而政府既不能控制也不可能扭转这种混乱局面。

Common sense,the lessons of history and the work of anthropologists actually point to the family as a universal and necessary institution.It is commonly defined as a man and a woman bonded together through a socially approved covenant of marriage to regulate sexuality;to provide mutual care and support;to create a home economy;to bear,raise and protect children;and to maintain continuity between the generations.我们的常识、历史教训以及人类学家的研究实际上都认为家庭是一种普遍而必要的制度。家庭通常的定义是:一男一女通过社会认可的婚姻契约连结在一起,以便规范性行为,相互关心,相互支持,建立家庭经济,生养并保护孩子,使家庭血脉代代相传。

Most human societies are either monogamous(one man married to one woman)or polygynous(one man with multiple wives).These alternatives appear to be rooted in human nature and represent the only enduring” choice ”a society really has.这种非此即彼的选择植根于人的天性,代表了社会唯一长久持续的选择。(7)Fatherlessness is approaching a rough parity with fatherhood as a defining feature of childhood.父爱缺失几科和父爱一样,正在成了童年生活的一大特征。

This astonishing fact is reflected in many statistics, but here are the two most important: Tonight, about 40 percent of U.S.children will go to sleep in likely to spend a significant portion of childhood living apart from their fathers.Never before in this country have so many children been voluntarily abandoned by their fathers.Never before have so many children grown up without knowing what it means to have a father.很多数据都反映出这一令人吃惊的现象,但最重要的两个数据是:今夜约有40%的美国孩子将在没有父亲的房里入睡。一半多的孩子可能在童年时期有相当一部分的时间是与父亲分

开过的。这个国家从来没有如此多的儿童被他们的父亲主动抛弃。从来没有如此多的孩子在其成长过程中不知道拥有父亲意味着什么。

Fatherlessness is the most harmful demographic trend of this generation.It is the leading cause of the decline in the well-being of children.It is also the engine driving our most urgent social problems, from crime to adolescent pregnancy to domestic violence.Yet, despite its scale and social consequences, fatherlessness is frequently ignored or denied.Especially within our elite discourse, it remains a problem with no name.关于这一代人的人口统计显示出的倾向中,父爱缺失是最糟的一项。它是儿童生活幸福度下降的罪魁祸首,也是产生犯罪、青少年怀孕、家庭暴力等严重社会问题目的根源。然而尽管父爱缺失这一问题普遍存在且后果严重,却经常被忽略被否认。尤其是在我们的精英话语中,父爱缺失仍是一个未被清楚地认识到的问题。

9.Historically, the most obvious example of sex bias has been paying women less than men for doing the same work.Although unlawful,the practice is pervasive,and even now,after years of strong feminist(and other)efforts to correct this inequity,women still earn only seventy cents for every dollar earned by men.This is wage inequality,not to be confused with the glass ceiling,which denies women the opportunity to advance up the corporate ladder(which also,of course,impinges on wage increase.)Let’s say you’re a woman working as a publicity director for a large corporation,and you earn $35,000;your male earning $50,000.You and he have almost identical curriculum vitae-in fact,you went to the same college,worked together at another company,and then each of you got your ”dream job.” 有史以来,性别歧视最明显的例子就是女性与男性同工不同酬。这种做法虽不合法,但却很普通。即使在今天,虽然女权主义者(及其他人士)多年来努力纠正这种不平等的状况,女性的工资仍然只有男性的百分之70.这就是“工资不平等”现象。不要将其与“玻璃天花板”(妇女在之物升迁上遇到的无形屏障)现象相混淆,“玻璃天花板”限制了女性晋升至公司高层的机会(当然,着同样影响了加薪)。比如说你是名女性,在一家大公司做宣传部经理。你的工资是35000美元。同为宣传部经理,在同一家公司另一部门任职的男同事却可以挣50000美元。他的资历与你相当——确切的说:你们同一所大学,同在另一家公司供过事,然后你们都找到了“理想的工作”。

(9)Although there have been laws against employment discrimination for more than a hundred years in the United States,they varied from state to state.Not until some thirty years ago did Title VII(in addition to prohibiting discrimination based on race,color,religion,and national origin)establish federal uniformity,making it unlawful to discriminate against females-or,for that matter,males-on the basis of their sex。On-the-job gender discrimination occurs when an employee is treated differently from a person of the opposite sex under similar circumstances for reasons based solely on the employee’s sex.在美国,尽管反对就业歧视的法律已经存在了一百多年,但各州法律却不尽相同。直到30年前的平权法案第七条(在禁止基于种族、肤色、宗教信仰和原籍歧视之外)才统一了关于性别歧视的联邦法律,规定对女性——或就此而言,对男性——基于性别上的歧视是非法的。在相同的环境下,仅仅由于性别的原因,雇员就被与其异性同事区别对待,这就是工作上的性别歧视。

Historically, the most obvious example of sex bias has been paying women less than men for doing the same work.Although unlawful,the practice is pervasive,and even

now,after years of strong feminist(and other)efforts to correct this inequity,women still earn only seventy cents for every dollar earned by men.This is wage inequality,not to be confused with the glass ceiling,which denies women the opportunity to advance up the corporate ladder(which also,of course,impinges on wage increase.)有史以来,性别歧视最明显的例子就是女性与男性同工不同酬。这种做法虽不合法,但却很普通。即使在今天,虽然女权主义者(及其他人士)多年来努力纠正这种不平等的状况,女性的工资仍然只有男性的百分之70.这就是“工资不平等”现象。不要将其与“玻璃天花板”(妇女在之物升迁上遇到的无形屏障)现象相混淆,“玻璃天花板”限制了女性晋升至公司高层的机会(当然,着同样影响了加薪)。

In these “uniformed” cases,the problem is not one of wage or promotion,but of limited opportunities to perform the task for which these women were hired or were qualified to perform.在这些“穿制服”的事例中,问题并不在于薪水或是升迁,而是在于那些女雇员或有能力的女性完成任务的机会受到了限制。The time-worn excuse of denying certain jobs to females in order to “protect” them from damage to their reproductive systems or possible harm to an unborn fetus has been held by the courts to constitute sex discrimination.Similarly,restricting the weight that females can be required to lift on a job or the number of hours they may work,in order to “protect” them,also constitutes sex discrimination.In the same way, height and weight standards adversely affect job possibilities for women and are illegal unless it can be demonstrated that they are a bona fide occupational requirement of the job, that is,necessary for performance.说什么为了保护女性的生殖系统不受到伤害或者保护未出生胎儿免受损害,用这些陈腐的理由来拒绝给女性提供工作,已被法律视为性别歧视。为保护女性(显然是限制其被雇佣的机会)而在工作中限制其所该提起的重量或其所能工作的时间,除非能证明它们是工作所必需的合法职业条件,即是开展工作的必要条件。

11.But the American future didn’t turn out as we expected.While Europeans cut the hours they spend at the office or factory-in France it is illegal to work more than 35hours a week-and lengthened their vacations,Americans were concluding that you could be happy only if you work hard and play hard.So they began to stay at their jobs longer than ever and then,in jam-packed weekends at places like the Hamptons on Long Island,invented the uniquely American concept of scheduled joy,filling a day off with one appointment after another,as if it were no different from one at the office.American conservatives,meanwhile,came to believe that Europeans’ desire to devote themselves to the pleasures of life and would,in any event,end in economic tears.但美国的未来并没有称谓我们所期待的那样。当欧洲人缩短在办公室或工厂工作的时间——在法国一周工作时间超过35个小时就是非法的——延长假期时,美国人却认为只有努力工作平明玩耍才是幸福的。因此美国人工作的时间开始变得比以往任何时候都长,然后将日程安排得慢慢的,去诸如位于长岛的汉普顿等地度周末,美国人创造了独特的美国式的概念,按计划娱乐,休息日排满了一个有一个的日程,好像节假日与工作日没什么区别似的。同时美国的保守者们认为:真是遗憾啊,欧洲人渴望全身心地去享受生活,一年6周的假期是欧洲人不负责任的表现,无论如何欧洲人最终会为经济的衰退而痛哭流涕。

Why du Europeans and Americans differ so much in their attitude toward work and leisure? I can think of two reasons.First,the crowded confines of Western Europe and the expansive space of North America have led to varied consumer preferences.Broadly speaking,Americans value stuff-SUVs,7,000-sq.-ft.houses-more than

they value time,while for Europeans it’s the opposite.Second,as Bell predicted,America’s sense of itself as a religious nation has revived.At least in the puritanical version of Christianity that has always appealed to Americans,religion comes packaged with the stern message that hard work is good for the soul.Modern Europe has avoided so melancholy a lesson.为什么欧洲人和美国人对待工作和娱乐的态度有如此大的发差呢?我能想到两个原因。首先是西欧拥挤的环境和北美广阔的空间导致了不同的消费倾向。从广义上将,美国人对实实在在的东西例如运动型多功能车,7000平方英尺房子的重视甚于他们对时间的重视。对欧洲人来说,情况恰恰相反。其次,正如贝尔所预言的那样,美国宗教意识思想复苏,至少清教徒式的基督教历来迎合美国人的心意。严厉的教条规劝人们:努力工作对于灵魂升华是有益的。而现代的欧洲已没有了这种苦行课。

第四篇:2015统考英语B-英译汉

2015统考英语B-英译汉

英译汉是统考的重中之重,比分占30分,居题型分值榜首。得英译汉,得统考英语B!英译汉为人工阅卷,故没有标准答案,翻译句中任何一个单词正确会给0.5分到1分,整句意思翻译正确会给满分,所以一定要答题,认识一个单词就写一个单词的意思,确定不会写的单词就不要写,只翻译自己会的单词内容。

必考部分(课内70题)

1.A friend of mine from high school is working in England now.2.A lot of natural resources in the mountain area are to be exploited and used.3.As is known to all, China is a developing country.或As is known to all, China is a the largest developing country in the world today 4.Are you fond of music? 5.All that glitters is not gold.6.Apples here like water and sunshine.7.Both Ann and Mary are suitable for the job.8.Bill hit his car into a wall last night.9.Could you tell me where the post office is? 10.Do you have access to the Internet? 11.Do you think you can do it by yourself? 12.Each time history repeats itself, the price goes up.13.Have you seen Tom recently? 14.How are you doing these days? 15.He was very happy to hear from his old friend.16.He has a foreign friend who lives in the United States.17.He didn't need to attend the meeting.18.He prefers coffee to tea.19.He has taught English in this university ever since he moved to this city. 20.I rang your house last night but your mother answered the phone.21.I knocked on his door but nobody came to answer it.22.I'm thinking about a visit to Paris.23.I hurried to my office.24.I slept soundly all night.25.I read the local newspapers with great interest every evening.26.I hope we can have some snow this winter.27.I've lost interest in my work.28.I was having a nap when suddenly the telephone rang.29.I would appreciate it if you would just let me deal with this case.30.In an age of plenty, we feel spiritual hunger.31.In no other country in the world can you find such plants as this one.32.It’s very important to maintain your current weight through exercise and healthy eating.33.It normally takes a semester for a college freshman to adjust to his college life.34.If you decided to learn a new language, you would have to dedicate yourself wholeheartedly to the cause.35.John and his brother differ in personality even if their differences in age are not significant

36.Life is meaningless without a purpose.37.Look out the window it's still raining today!38.My classmate is much cleverer than I.39.Most students feel satisfied with the progress they’ve made.40.Our textbooks are very different from theirs.41.People all over the world are trying to help the people in the quake-stricken areas.42.She likes to help any one who is in difficulty.43.This box can hold more books than that one.44.This new country hopes to establish friendly relations with all its neighbours.45.This place has plentiful material resources.46.The doctor had no choice but reach out to their colleagues across the nation.47.The People's Republic of China(PRC), founded on October 1, 1949, covers an area of 9.6 million square kilometers.48.The Olympic Games is an international sports event that takes place every four years.49.The friend saw everything but did not say a single word.50.The doctor told me to have more water.51.The students are encouraged to do more listening, reading and writing by their teacher.52.They thought that there must be something wrong with their TV set.53.The more passions we have, the more happiness we are likely to experience.54.The traffic jams during morning and afternoon rush hours are a headache in big cities now.55.Tom(人名有可能变化或Fred)was such a hardworking student that he soon came out first in the class.56.Trees need water to grow.57.There is a large amount of energy wasted due to friction.58.Ted and William have lived under the same roof for five years.59.Transistors are small in size and light in weight.60.Various substances differ widely in their magnetic characteristics.61.What kind of life do most people enjoy? 62.What time do you go swimming every day? 63.Would you mind closing the window for me? 64.Would you please help me with this heavy box? 65.We must take some measures to control the pollution.66.Who can help me clean the room? 67.We should encourage him to have confidence in himself.68.You needn’t go there anymore.He already knows about it.69.You and your team can discover the answers to problems together.70.You'd better do that again.翻译:

1我高中的一个朋友目前在英格兰工作。2那个山区有许多自然资源有待于开发利用。3众所周知,中国是一个发展中国家。4你喜欢音乐吗?

5闪光的东西,未必都是金子。6这里的苹果喜欢水和阳光。(定从)7安妮和玛丽都适合干这项工作。8昨晚比尔开车时车撞到了墙上。9请问邮局在哪里? 10你能上网吗?

11你认为你自己可以单独干完这件事吗? 12历史每重演一次,代价就增加一分。13最近你看见汤姆了吗? 14这些日子你怎么样?

15他很高兴收到他的老朋友的信。16他有一个住在美国的外国朋友。17他没必要参加那个会议。18与茶相比,他更喜欢咖啡。

19自从移居到这座城市以来,他就一直在这所大学教英语。20我昨夜给你家打电话,但接电话的是你母亲。21我敲了他的门,但没人来开门。22我在考虑去巴黎旅游。23我匆忙赶到了办公室。24我整夜睡得很熟。

25每晚我怀着极大的兴趣读当地报纸。26我希望今年冬天会下点雪。27我对这份工作已经失去了兴趣。28我在睡觉时,电话铃突然响了。

29如果你能让我独自处理这桩案件,我将不胜感激。30在这个物质财富充裕的时代,我们感到精神上的饥渴。31像这种植物在世界上的其他任何一个国家中都找不到。32通过锻炼和健康饮食来保持你目前的体重是非常重要的。33大学新生一般需要花一个学期来适应大学生活。34如果你决定学一门新的语言,你必须全身心地投入。

35.尽管约翰和他哥哥在年纪上相差不大,但他们的个性却不相同。36没有目标的生活是毫无意义的。37看窗外,今天还在下雨。38我的同学比我聪明多了。

39大多数学生对自己所取得的进步感到满意。40我们的教材与他们的教材很不一样。

41全世界人民都在尽力帮助遭受地震地区的人民。42她乐意帮助任何一个有困难的人。43这个箱子比那个箱子能装更多的书。44这个新成立的国家希望和所有邻国建立友好关系。45这个地方有丰富的物质资源。

46那个医生别无选择,只能向全国的同行救助。

47中华人民共和国成立于1949年10月1日,国土面积约960万平方公里。48奥林匹克运动会是国际性的体育会,每四年主办一次。49这位朋友看到了一切,却一言不发。50医生让我多喝些水。

51老师鼓励学生多听、多读、多写。52他们认为电视机一定出了毛病了。

53我们的激情越多,我们有可能体验到的快乐就越多。

54上下班高峰期的交通拥挤问题是大城市目前的一个棘手问题。

55汤姆是一个学习十分用功的学生,以至于不久他就成了班里学习最好的学生。56树木有水才能生长。

57由于摩擦而损耗了大量的能量。

58泰德和威廉已经在同一个屋檐下生活了五年了。59晶体管的体积小,重量轻。60各种材料的磁性有很大的不同。61多数人喜欢什么样的生活? 62你每天何时去游泳? 63能帮我关一下窗户吗?

64你能帮我拾一下这个很沉的箱子吗? 65我们必须采取措施来控制污染。66谁能帮我打扫房间?

67我们应当鼓励他对自己要有信心。68你不必去了,他已经知道那件事

69你和你的团队能够一起找到问题的答案。70你最好再做一遍。

训练部分(157题)

想拿高分,有基础的同学做一下,基础较差的同学在第一部分完全掌握的基础上尝试做做,并努力记忆,加油

1.A dog is always well-known as a clever and friendly animal.2.A good memory is a great help in learning a language.3.A teacher should have patience in his work.4.A lot of natural resources in the mountain are are to be exploited and used.5.Although very important, intelligent is not necessarily the key to success.6.As long as there is water, plants won't die quickly.。7.As was expected, he passed the exam easily.8.But it looks like something I would never buy.9.Bob was such a hardworking man that he always worked late till night.10.Because of his carelessness, Jack hit his car into a big tree by the roadside.11.Can you express yourself clearly in English?

12.Christmas is the most important festival in the west 13.Don't you think smoking is harmful to your health? 14.Don't you mind my opening the window?

15.Do you think students should do a part-time job? 16.Did you get that E-mall from me? 17.Everyone was in bed except me.18.Excuse me.Where's the nearest police station?

19.Go down this street until you reach the second traffic lights.20.Give us a few more minutes to decide

21.He had a traffic accident last week.22.He has been learning English for years.23.He is always very active in student activities.24.He is sweating all over.25.He is thinking about moving to a new place.26.He keeps looking at himself in the mirror.27.He stopped smoking.28.He was too tired to go on reading.29.He has sympathy for all poor people

30.He told me that he had lived in America for 10 years before he came to china.31.He has the habit of making notes while reading.32.He went out of the room and came bake a few minutes later.33.He doesn't know what life means to him.34.How do you spell your last name?

35.How long have you collected your stamps? 36.How long will it take us to get there? 37.I feel satisfied with my life.38.I got married ten years ago.39.I have a pain in my back.40.I look forward to hearing from you 41.I need to buy some 50-cent stamps.42.I prefer tea to coffee.43.I think the picture shows us how fruits is necessary to life.44.I think our dream will become true.45.I'll call you as soon as I arrive.46.I'll write to you as soon as I get there.47.I'll have to try using the search engines.48.I'm certain he'll go to see the film, because he's bought a ticket.49.I'm going to buy a monthly ticket tomorrow 50.I'm going to run for the bus as soon as the bell rings.51.I'm not an English major student.52.I'm now a distance education student.53.I'm very much eager to improve my oral English.54.I am very familiar with his name.55.I am wondering who broke the window 56.I came back because of the rain.57.I can't go with you today because I'm too busy.58.I do want to know what really happened.59.I don't think he can operate the new type of computer.60.I don't want to spend five dollars on a cup of water.61.I expect she will have changed her mind by tomorrow.62.I feel lonely without you.63.I've been so busy lately,I haven't had time to call anybody.64.I've never heard such good music in a computer game.65.It is necessary to take medicine on time.66.It is not necessary to do this work.67.It takes a lot of time to learn a foreign language.68.It was a hard job, but he did not mind.69.It's always a pleasure to see many friends here in London.70.It's their duty to look after these young trees.71.In the United States a lot of college students do not live at home.72.In the world, soccer or football is the most popular sport.73.In Foreign Languages Department,a checking machine is used to correct the students'test papers.74.In many factories,an assembly line is used to speed up the efficiency of the workforce.75.In no other region in the world can you find such rare animals as giant pandas.76.Jane has told me a lot about her trip in

77.Just because you like, it doesn't mean I will.78.Jenny is fond of reading and often borrows books from the city library.79.Let's sit over here until it's time for you to board.80.Let's try something different.81.Li Bai is one of the greatest poets that have ever lived in China.82.My classmate is more clever than I.83.My grandpa is used to getting up early.84.My problem is that I don't have much time to do the work.85.Many valuable resources in China's west area are to be exploited and used.86.Not all Americans are interested in sports, of course.87.Nothing in the world moves faster than light.88.Not until the child fell asleep did the mother leave the room.89.Never had he thought that the project would have been completed so fast.90.Once all the information is completed, you sigh here.91.One can never succeed without enough confidence in himself.92.Okay, and I need a pen to fill out the address.93.Open the window and let the fresh air in.94.Our library is as big as theirs.95.People use science knowledge to understand and change nature.96.Please call me back when you are free.97.Please ring me up tomorrow morning.98.Please move your chair to the window

99.Please give this book to whoever comes first.100.She begins cooking as soon as she gets home.101.She is used to living in the countryside.102.She looks lovely when she is happy.103.She was the only daughter and the youngest child of five.104.Some football teams will have games there.105.Stay here before I get back.106.Soon it was time for my friend to take Jack for walk.107.Students can study by themselves through network.108.The earth on which we live is shaped like a ball.109.The moon looks much bigger than any other stars in the sky.110.the earthquak in Sichuan made Chinese people unite as one.111.The more money I make, the happier I will be.112.The old man is in his late sixties.113.The plane took off very smoothly.114.The price of gasoline will come down in Chinese market.115.The most common samples of inorganic materials are the gases of the atmosphere, water, rocks, etc.116.The girls are busy making preparations for the weekend party 117.The cause of the fire was carelessness.118.Try hard or you'll fail the test.119.There is something urgent for you to do right now.120.There's a party at my house this Friday.121.They are ordinary people, but did a great job.122.They have been working together for three months and have come to know each other better.123.They will have been married for 20 years by then.124.This custom has a long tradition.125.This is the most wonderful day of my life, because I'm here with you now.126.This money is for the thoughtful person who removes this stone from the road.127.This is the worst hospital I have ever seen

128.This one's pretty, but it costs too much 129.This street will be widened.130.Tom likes playing basket-ball but he can't play well.131.Tom's father has taught English here since he graduated from Peking University 132.Travel broadens the mind.133.Though it was beyoud them,they tried their best to do it.134.Though it was late,they kept on working.135.We are getting ready for our English examination.136.We are short of time and money.137.We should make best use of time.138.We enjoyed ourselves very much at the party.139.We are from mainland China.140.We all like her because she's very helpful.141.We're running behind schedule by about 15 minutes.142.When I was young, I'd listen to the radio, waiting for my favorite songs.143.When were the Olympic Games founded? 144.When are you going to get your hair cut?

145.When we praise the Chinese leadership and the people,we are not merely being polite.146.Who's going to answer the telephone?/Who's going to answer the door? 147.Who is the girl in a whilte shit?

148.Were there any phone calls for me while I was out? 149.Why, do you want me to change the channel?

150.Without water, there is no life on the earth.151.Would you mind turning down the radio?

152.Yeah, I'm anxious to hear all the songs from her new album.153.You ought not to smoke so much.154.You can buy water inside.155.You'll find in English some words can be remembered more easily than the others.156.You will have reached Shanghai by this time tomorrow.157.Yeah, but they play the same songs over and over again.158.She likes Mike a lot, but she doesn't want to get married so early.英译汉答案:

1、在动物中,狗素以其聪明与和善而著称。

2、好的记忆有助于语言的学习。

3、当老师应当有耐心。

4、那个山区有许多自然资源有待于开发利用。

5、虽然聪明很重要,但未必是成功的关键。

6、只要有水,植物就不会很快死去

7、果不出所料,他轻而易举地通过了考试。

8、但它看起来就像是我绝不会买的东西。

9、鲍勃是一个如此勤奋的人,以至于他总是工作到深夜。

10、因为粗心,杰克开车撞到了路边的一颗大树。

11、你能用英语清楚地表达自己的意思吗? 12圣诞节是西方最重要的节日

13、你不认为抽烟对你的身体有害吗?

14、你不介意我打开窗户吧?

15、你认为学生应该做兼职吗?

16你收到我发的那份电子邮件了吗? 17除了我,所有人都上床睡觉了。18劳驾,离这儿最近的派出所在哪里?

19顺着这条街走,一直走到第二个交通灯处。20再给我们一点时间来做决定 21他上星期出了一起交通事故。22多年来,他一直在学英语。23他总是积极参与学生活动。24他出了一身汗。

25他正在考虑搬到一个新的的地方 26他老是照镜子。27他戒烟了。

28他太困了,无法再阅读了 29他对所有的穷人有一颗同情心

30他告诉我在来中国之前,他已经在美国呆了10年了。31他有边阅读边做笔记的习惯。32他跑出房间,几分钟后又回来了。33他不知道生活对他意味着什么。34你的姓是如何拼写的? 35你集邮有多久了?

36我们到那儿要用多长时间? 37我对我的生活感到满意。38十年前,我结了婚。39我的背疼。

40.我期待着收到您的回信。41我需要买一些50美分的邮票 42我宁可要茶,不要咖啡。

43我想这幅图是告诉我们水果是生活中不可缺的。44我想我们的梦想会成真。45我一到就给你打电话。46我一到那儿就给你写信 47我必须试着使用搜索引擎。

48我肯定他会去看电影,因为他已经买了票 49.我想明天买张月票。

50铃声一响,我就跑出去赶公交车。51我不是英语专业的学生。52我现在是一名远程教育学员。53我非常渴望改进我的英语口语。54我很熟悉他的名字。

55我想知道是谁打坏了窗户。56因为下雨我就回来了。

57我今天不能和你一块儿去,因为我太忙了。58我确实想知道到底发生了什么事。59我认为他不会操作这种计算机。60我不想花五美元买一瓶水。

61我预料到明天为止她会改变观点。62没有你我感到孤独

63我最近一直很忙,所以没时间打电话给任何人。64我从来没有在电脑游戏中听到过这么好的音乐。65按时吃药是必要的。66没有必要做这项工作。67学习一门外语需要很多时间

68这项工作很艰苦,但他并不在乎。69总是很高兴能在伦敦看到很多朋友。70他们的责任是照看这些小树。71在美国,许多大学生不在家住。72足球是一项风靡全世界的体育运动。73在外语系,用阅卷机给学生阅卷。74许多工厂采用流水线来提高工作效率。

75在世界上的其他任何地区,你都找不到像大熊猫这样的珍惜动物。76珍妮告诉了我很多关于她旅行的事 77你喜欢它,并不意味我也会喜欢。

78珍妮喜爱读书,经常从市图书馆借回许多书。79我们就在这里坐到你上飞机的时间。80让我们尝尝其它不同的口味

81李白是中国有史以来最伟大的诗人之一。82我的同学比我聪明。83我爷爷习惯早起。

84我的问题在于我没有多少时间干这工作。

85中国西部地区有许多宝贵的资源有待开发和利用。86当然,并非所有美国人都对运动有兴趣。87世界上没有什么东西比光走得更快。88直到孩子睡着了,妈妈才离开房间。

89他从没有预料到这项工程会完成得这么快。90一旦所有的信息都完成了,请在这里签字。

91一个若是对自己没有足够的信息就永远不会成功。92好,我还得借一支笔来填写地址 93打开窗户让新鲜空气进来。94我们的图书馆和他们的一样大。

95人们利用科学知识去了解自然,改造自然。96你有时间给我回个电话。97请在明天早上给我打电话 98请把你的椅子移动到窗口 99请把这本书给最先来得人。100她每天一到家就开始做饭。101她习惯住在乡下。

102她高兴的时候看起来很可爱。

103她是家里唯一的女儿也是五个孩子中最小的一个 104有几支足球队要在那里进行比赛。105等在这儿等我回来。

106很快,就到了我朋友带杰克散步的时间了。107学生可以通过学习的网络自学。108我们居住的地球,形状像一个大球。

109月亮看起来比天空中任何其他星星都要大的多。110四川地震使得中国人民团结一致。111赚的钱越多,我就会越快乐。112老人近七十岁。

113飞机很平稳地起飞了。

114中国市场上的汽油价将会下降。115大气中的气体、水、岩石等都是无机物中最普通的实例。116女孩们正忙于准备周末的聚会 117起火的原因是不谨慎。

118努力地,否则你考试及不了格 119有件急事要你立刻去做

120这星期五在我们家有个宴会。121他们是普通人,却干了一件大事。

122他们一起工作了三个月,相互之间也更了解了。123到那时他们已经结婚20年了。124这一风俗历史悠久。

125今天是我一生中最美好的一天,因为我现在和你在一起。126这钱将送给将石头从路上移走的为他人着想的人。127这是我见过的最糟的医院 128.这个很漂亮,但是很贵。129这条大街将要加宽。

130汤姆喜欢打篮球,但他打得不好。

131.汤姆的父亲从北京大学毕业后就一直在这里教英语。132旅行可以开阔眼界。

133虽然这件事超出了他们的能力范围,但他们还是尽全力去做。134尽管已经很晚了,他们还在继续工作。135我们正在为英语考试做准备。136我资金和时间都缺。137我们要充分利用时间。

138在那次晚会上我们玩得很愉快。139我们来自中国大陆。

140我们都喜欢她,因为她乐于助人。141我们大约误点15分钟

142当我还是个孩子的时候,我常听收音机等待我最喜欢的歌。143奥运会是何时创办的? 144你打算什么时候去理发?

145我们在赞美中国领导人和中国人民时,不仅仅是出于礼貌。146谁去接电话?/谁去开门? 147穿白衬衣的这位女孩是谁? 148我不在时有人打电话找我吗? 149怎么了,你要我换个频道吗? 150没有水,地球上就没有生命。151你不介意把广播声调小一点吧?

152是的,我也很急着听她新唱片里所有的歌。153你不应该抽这么多的烟。154你可以在里面买水喝。

155你会发现英语里有些词比别的词容易记忆。156明天这个时候你就到达上海了。

157是的,但是他们一遍又一遍地播放同一首歌。158她喜欢迈克,但她不想那么早就结婚。

第五篇:英语三级考试英译汉

英译汉

A lot of natural resources in the mountain area are to be exploited and used.那个山区有许多自然资源有待于开发利用。All that glitters is not gold.闪光的东西,未必都是金子。

Apples here like water and sunshine.这里的苹果喜欢水和阳光。

As is known to all, China is a developing country.众所周知,中国是一个发展中国家。

Bill hit his car into a wall last night.昨晚比尔开车时车撞到了墙上。

Each time history repeats itself, the price goes up.历史每重演一次,代价就增加一分。

Give us a few more minutes to decide 再给我们一点时间来做决定

He has sympathy for all poor people 他对所有的穷人有一颗同情心

He has taught English in this university ever since he moved to this city.自从移居到这座城市以来,他就一直在这所大学教英语。

I am wondering who broke the window 我想知道是谁打坏了窗户。

I was having a nap when suddenly the telephone rang.我在睡觉时,电话铃突然响了。

If you decided to learn a new language, you would have to dedicate yourself wholeheartedly to the cause.如果你决定学一门新的语言,你必须全身心地投入。In an age of plenty, we feel spiritual hunger.在这个物质财富充裕的时代,我们感到精神上的饥渴。In Foreign Languages Department, a checking machine is used to correct the students’ test papers.外语系用阅卷机给学生批卷。

In no other country in the world can you find such plants as this one.像这种植物在世界上的其他任何一个国家中都找不到。

John and his brother differ in personality even if their differences in age are not significant.尽管约翰和他哥哥在年纪上相差不大,但他们的个性却不相同。Please give this book to whoever comes first.请把这本书给最先来的人。

Please move your chair to the window 请把你的椅子移动到窗口

Ted and William have lived under the same roof for five years.泰德和威廉已经在同一个屋檐下生活了五年了。

The girls are busy making preparations for the weekend party 女孩们正忙于准备周末的聚会

The more passions we have, the more happiness we are likely to experience.我们的激情越多,我们有可能体验到的快乐就越多。

The most common samples of inorganic materials are the gases of the atmosphere, water, rocks, etc.大气中的气体、水、岩石等都是无机物中最普通的实例。The students are encouraged by their teacher to do more listening, reading and writing.老师鼓励学生多听,多读,多写。

There is a large amount of energy wasted due to friction.由于摩擦而损耗了大量的能量。

This place has plentiful material resources.这个地方有丰富的物质资源。

Though it was late, they kept on working.尽管已经很晚了,他们还在继续工作。

Tom(人名有可能变化或Fred)was such a hardworking student that he soon came out first in the class.汤姆是一个学习十分用功的学生,以至于不久他就成了班里学习最好的学生。

Transistors are small in size and light in weight.晶体管的体积小,重量轻。

Various substances differ widely in their magnetic characteristics.各种材料的磁性有很大的不同。Wang Li’s(人名有可能变化)father has taught English here since he graduated from Peking University.王丽的父亲从北京大学毕业后就一直在这里教英语。Who's going to answer the telephone?/Who's going to answer the door? 谁去接电话?/谁去开门? Would you please help me with this heavy box? 你能帮我拾一下这个很沉的箱子吗?

You needn’t go there anymore.He already knows about it.你不必去了,他已经知道那件事

Do you think students should do a part-time job?你认为学生应该做兼职吗?

I think the picture shows us how fruits is necessary to life.我想这幅图是告诉我们水果是生活中不可缺的。

下载学位英语(英译汉)word格式文档
下载学位英语(英译汉).doc
将本文档下载到自己电脑,方便修改和收藏,请勿使用迅雷等下载。
点此处下载文档

文档为doc格式


声明:本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献自行上传,本网站不拥有所有权,未作人工编辑处理,也不承担相关法律责任。如果您发现有涉嫌版权的内容,欢迎发送邮件至:645879355@qq.com 进行举报,并提供相关证据,工作人员会在5个工作日内联系你,一经查实,本站将立刻删除涉嫌侵权内容。

相关范文推荐

    考研英语“英译汉”精要

    考研英语“英译汉”精要 —— 选自《红宝书考研英语10真题(系统精析)》 一、命题形式 要求考生阅读一篇约400词的文章,并将其中5个划线部分(约150词)译成汉语,译文要准确、完整、......

    工程硕士研究生英语英译汉8-15

    Unit 8 1. As she stood in front of her 5th grade class on the very first day of school, she told the children an untruth. 开学第一天,当她站在五年级班级的面前,她对......

    多维英语探索英译汉(短文)

    1.In the past,when explorers or merchants went out into the world to find new lands or markets or sources of raw materials,they often did not share a language w......

    学位英语4[精选]

    Part I : Cloze Television, it is often said, keeps one 1 about current events, allows one to follow the 2 developments in science and politics, and 3 an......

    学位英语复习资料

    学位英语复习资料 •学位英语词汇练习10题 1. The telegram was based on information from a _________ source. A. recent B. reliable C. rare D. private 2. Mr. Wilso......

    2011学位英语复习资料(★)

    一般现在时 1)经常性或习惯性的动作,常与表示频度的时间状语连用。时间状语: every…, sometimes, at…, on Sunday。例如: I leave home for school at 7 every morning. 每......

    学位英语作文

    一、学位英语必背句型 1.as is known /as it is known to all …众所周知 2.with the pace of modern life increasing….随着现代生活步伐的加快 3.with the development o......

    学位英语申报

    2012年学位英语最新报名流程(1)、报名资料收集 2012年2月12日---2012年2月14日期间 1,请各位考生将本人蓝底登记照电子版照片(备注 姓名 本科学号 专业 网报号 电话) 发送到QQ......